Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617

Thread: The Plot thickens, or the plot thins

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: The Plot thickens, or the plot thins

Just got off the phone with BIL - The guys are there establishing level of the ground inside.

It looks like about 2 to 3 m^2 of fill is needed. He showed all of the pipe that is ready to be ran as well.

The fill is just across the street and will probably be brought by horse cart.

It looks like the guys are working through Saturday
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    They got a police permission. supposedly it is not enough juice to kill you, just enough to knock you off your feet. I guess you die when you hit the sidewalk. All's well that ends well.

I think , like with everyone thing else,, the value is in the deterrent.
    Most thieves are pretty lazy.
    If your place is well protected,, they will rob the guy next door instead.

Which, is about the best you can hope for.

Blog Entries

BIL was sent pictures from what the guys are working on in Casarse in parallel.

I would feel uncomfortable in that set up even IF I could afford it, which I could not
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Just fuzzy, dark, pix of the trenches and pipes.

They got the gluing don Saturday aft. A pretty crafty clean out was made with a 4" Tee just outside the outside wall. It will need to be boxed.

They start to "throw" cement on Wed after they do a bit more tamping.

One neat thing is they ran water in to the sink locations which was nice. We did not ask for that in the drawing.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Today we finished putting up the verjas for last years expansión. Feels good. I just loves the look of maya expandida in the morning and the damn cat can't scratch the window screen and come inside.

MiniSinsa just got in some motion detector lites. Next comes in an electrician to install them and some other
    lites. Got a hankering to hang some emergency lights, the ones than only come on during a power outage.

I thot the hardware stores would go into a post xmas drought but no, they are packed to the roof with merchandise. It is like we are back in 2017 with the economy spiraling upward.

Sealed up the front gate so nobody can see thru it. More privacy and we are going to add regular front entrance door knobs instead of the exting welded Phillips lock, plus a motion detector light and an alarm when we get to it.

It just don't get no better than this.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Today we finished putting up the verjas for last years expansión. Feels good. I just loves the look of maya expandida in the morning and the damn cat can't scratch the window screen and come inside.

MiniSinsa just got in some motion detector lites. Next comes in an electrician to install them and some other
    lites. Got a hankering to hang some emergency lights, the ones than only come on during a power outage.

I thot the hardware stores would go into a post xmas drought but no, they are packed to the roof with merchandise. It is like we are back in 2017 with the economy spiraling upward.

Sealed up the front gate so nobody can see thru it. More privacy and we are going to add regular front entrance door knobs instead of the exting welded Phillips lock, plus a motion detector light and an alarm when we get to it.

It just don't get no better than this.

The SINSA in Masaya has infinitely more stuff

It would be nice to find a solar powered motion detector that included light and some alarm sound

We just leave lights on. It's amazing how much light you can get for a few cents with the LED bulbs. My large yard light up on the tower is just 33 watts, and the other smaller lights are only 13 watts. Most of the Harbor Freight alarms I've reworked with wall wart power supplies.

Price has gone way up,, $12 or 15,, can't remember, and I don't see them on special anymore.
    I need to come up with some solution to turn them off during the day.
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 01-24-2023 at 07:01 AM.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

My night lites are on my own system with an electric eye I brought down from civilization. it goes in a regular 2 x4 box and then conduits go wherever I want with whatever light I want. About 15 bucks at a home depot or whatever. the newer ones are rated for dimmer bulbs and crap but I keep it simple and only use standard led which have become cheap and easy to find at maxipali. Cheap ass sinsa light fixtures work but the gaskets don't last long so you become the king of silicon. If you get the ones with 3 little crews to hold the glass on grease them because the screws rust instantly. A7lso, indigenous personnel cannot handle the 3 little screws, do it yourself.

One advantage to an electric eye is you position it in a good morning or afternoon location, not where the bulb is. Plus the "neighbors" think it is a camera. jejeje

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

So the first floor has been cemented.

Floor (Youtube)

They actually finished with 5 left over bags of cement and a large amount of adrena - So paid $20 to move the aggregate to the back yard for future.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7121314151617