Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920

Thread: 2021 - Fresh crap...

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 2021 - Fresh crap...

We met Jenny's new arrivals. I have been conscripted to move a gifted queen sized bed from the donor to their new apartment via our utility trailer.

All 3 are sisters and Chilo actually went to school with their mother.

We still have above zero here, but those times are coming to an end with just above freezing forecast for early next week .
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    We met Jenny's new arrivals. I have been conscripted to move a gifted queen sized bed from the donor to their new apartment via our utility trailer.

All 3 are sisters and Chilo actually went to school with their mother.

We still have above zero here, but those times are coming to an end with just above freezing forecast for early next week .

Will there be anyone left in Nicaragua when this is all over ???
    This is the time to leave, if one is so inclined.
    There is still time until the new congressional members are seated.
    Biden will still have his veto,, but no money.

After January of 2023 the planets will no longer be aligned.
    This was a once in a lifetime opportunity.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Not to worry, the Repub's will issue special emergency Mozo visas for their friends in agriculture.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Blog Entries

A co-worker is here from Japan for 4 days. Been working with him for 20 yrs now - For lunch we went to the Crusty old Serbian hot dog vendor I had mentioned in the past. The Hot dog guy told us this is his last week this year - Friday the last day. Dec 4 he hops a plane to Cuba to live in the Sun, cheap beer and pretty girls until mid March - Room is $15/day.

Started the long whittle down of "things" - Managed to sell 5 tire rims from assorted projects where they accumulated over the past couple years - Now old short wave radios - Decommissioned test equipment, some LCD monitors and a mish mash of things going up for sale - Buck here - 2 bucks there 200 and so on - I have 40 yrs of projects that worked, some that did not, that need to go to free up space if we choose to start renting out parts of the house.

I still have two crates of tools to go to Nicaragua but no one is shipping - To much stickey fingers from Aduna, Diesel to high (To truck from TO to Miami) and to be brutally frank - They guy makes 2X the money in the building boom framing than wunning around collecting boxes for shipping like he did when he was dry walling...

Anyways - Now that 30 yrs at the mother corp has passed, 35 yrs since graduation, 44 yrs since my first CPP (US equiv to SS) payment was made, a paid house, 3 kids to adulthood and (what the advisor tells us) enough savings, an 80% completed house in the tropics, and a wife who is not looking to have me knocked off by a hit man (or that is my hope) it is now time to move in to semi retirement mode.....

A little peace is starting to settled in...

Blog Entries

So today was the first snow stick day - Ground was peppered with whiteness and did not melt until noon.

The rest of next week is a few deg below freezing every night and one or two deg above through the day. Winter is probably here to stay until March now.

Chilo has been working a Saturday/Sunday job since August. 1 to 5 each day. It is a grocery store, caring for the entrance of the store (Carts, sweeping, mopping, trash collection etc etc) Each day she comes home with food destined for the dumpster - Mostly just lais out on the lunch room table and very little is close to expire. Today was 8 yoghurt where the cardboard holder was torn. Coffee pods, fruits and vegies.

The passport office called again - They told chilo that her passport is waiting on a $45 lost passport fee - They said they would call her back for details this week.

With the time change it is now dark at 6 and loosing a good 4 min a day - In a month and a week it will be dark at a quarter to 5.

Blog Entries

Chilo is hearing rumors that uncle Sandi is passing a "law" that gives the goverment authority to sieize property that is titled to someone who is out of the country more than 24 months?

Has anyone else heard the same?

Probably another of those chisme rounds.

Chilo is hearing rumors that uncle Sandi is passing a "law" that gives the goverment authority to sieize property that is titled to someone who is out of the country more than 24 months?

Maybe related to that or not but two of my neighbors, both "pastors" had been trying to collect signatures for a letter from them to petition the local alcade to seize my farm and re-distribute it to them on the basis that I'm a foreigner and I don't live there full time. Even though I'm not the actual owner. Nothing ever came of it to my knowledge.

It seems like they had something like that during the revolution.

The law might still be on the books.

Blog Entries

We finall got Maria's passport figured out - It seems like the passport office did not collect the $45 lost fee - Even though we did pay a lost fee with Maria's temporary passport, it is just too much hassle to argue.

Fee had to be _faxed_ in via a printed and signed form - Leading edge they are

Interesting little thing transpiring in Mexico I seen going by this week. It looks they (Mexico) has raised the income requirements for residents from $1700USD/Mo to $2400 - 2700US/mo. This could lead to a bump, or possibly a rush, of people who now are on the wrong side of the scale going to Nicaragua - Time will tell.

You could say the housing frenzy has come to an end up here. One house on our street has been up for 2 months now with no sale - A couple co-workers tell me the similar scenarios in their neigbourhoods.

One Co-worker even appears not to be able to get a renewal in their current house. The rules (Since 2020 I think) state you have to qualify at 2% above your current rate (And up here your mortgage can not be more that 32% of your validated gross) With rates at 5.95% that means you would have to qualify @7.95 - If you are holding a 600K to 700K mortgage (Which many co-workers do) that is a swift kick in the nuts to renewals.

Anyways - Once Chilo gets her passport we will make a trip to the Excited States of America for a bit of shopping and a 3 yr delayed visit to harbour freight and probably a pop into Home Depot for some Ryobi battery tools you can not get here...

Page 20 of 20 FirstFirst ... 10151617181920