Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid in the Family

Blog Entries

Default Re: Covid in the Family

Yes. Wear a mask, it ain't going to kill you, and it might save some one.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Well....All right then...Advice taken!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

I got no answers to this shit, but let us all try, get out of this hole.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Do you have something to say?
    damn old bully Retrumplicans

Blog Entries

Ha, I actually like Trump, not sure would say a supporter but like. He stirs the shit and that is what the Country needs. Politicians are basura.
    Ernie K Doe

I run a facility that worked damm near 24/7 for 5 weeks during the pandemic making isolation gowns, balls to the wall. Most folks were locked up eating hoo-hoo's and getting unemployment, we were running about 15 hours a day 7 days a week. We also made a few thousand masks, but I didn't get into making them as I knew that eventually they would fall off a cliff.

I was able to read, I was denied a copy or to take pictures of, a very high dollar study, done by NC State and Georgia Tech (premier remaining universities that have Textile departments) that was commissioned by 3 big name, multinational textile and apparel companies to figure out what materials were truly effective in stopping or reducing the most the spread of this virus. This was not a medical study, nor did they want it to be construed as one and that was the reason for the big secrecy. The study supposedly cost about 3mm USD to have it rushed through.

The end result was that most common textile fabrics were not going to do much to either prevent the inhalation nor exhalation of the virus particles. The best masks or mask materials for that were the upper end, well made SMS stuff that the real top end K-95 masks are made out of. But the blow-out or escaping of the breath and such really plays havoc on the masks being true filters. Average textile fabrics are basically window dressing for filtration, and this is by the people that develop those fabrics. The virus is so small and spreads so widely that common textile fabrics were just not going to be able to be filtering agents and those that just blocked total airflow, like a shield, just had the breath and aerosols escaping out the sides of the mask.

Maybe a mask can prevent a little or make a difference in a small number of cases, but the reality is that as American society, as the study was US based, was using them and what the masks were being made out due to the shortage of the non-woven medical fabrics it was not worth trying to develop nor invest in making masks that could be labeled as big preventers of transmitting or acquiring the virus. The science just didn' prove it out at the research level of the folks that made the materials.

If people want to wear a mask, great, do so. If they don't, great as well. But the government mandating something that is likely going to be ineffective just doesn't make sense.

Blog Entries

Good luck finding real K 95s, most are fakes, Is what I try to wear but love my shitty cloth mask, it likely causes more sickness than it prevents....
    Last edited by cookshow; 08-01-2021 at 09:39 PM.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I got no answers to this shit, but let us all try, get out of this hole.
    and here I though the saying" Solo El Pueblo, Salva Al Pueblo" only applied to Nicaragua,
    ONLY together,we can get out of this shit hole we are in

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Good luck finding real K 95s, most are fakes, Is what I try to wear but love my shitty cloth mask, it likely causes more sickness than it prevents....
    Yep, a whole lotta fakes. And you hafta wear them right. These masks were not designed to be worn in activities and such.

Blog Entries

This cloth mask I wear I bought for a quarter or so in Nica over a year ago, I carry it in my pocket anytime I go out. I am pretty solitary so seldom around people, but I need it for going into the grocery store and such. I will sometimes (once a month) go into the bowling alley for their happy hour, they have friendly bar keeps, and a nice older crowd. Once you enter everyone pulls off their mask, always kinda makes me laugh, mask on in parking lot, mask off when you are in a crowd.

I sure don't claim to know the science on any of this stuff. What worries me more than anything is that everyone is so polarized, people are convinced they are on the right side of this and want to fight about it. Politicians spending their days messing around over masks instead of actually doing something useful (not that they would anyway).

The long and short of it, it ain't over.
    Ernie K Doe

" . . .The mask stops you to broadcast statistically less spittle that has the C-19 infection . .".

So you should be able to wear the mask below your nose with the same effectiveness?
    That seems like a good compromise.

Where is this famous aerosol being generated?
    The oxygen/CO2/nitrogen mix leaves your lungs as an aerosol?
    That's a lot of added H2O.

If this is true,, wouldn't an eye covering be as important as a mask?

I have no problem wearing the mask when it's required, and would put one on if requested by some snowflake who felt vulnerable. No big deal. Happy to oblige.

I carry one in my pocket too, a cloth mask,, wash it when it gets really nasty.
    I figure it I every get into a truly desperate situation, it can double as TP.

I'm more of a passive aggressive guy than an in your face type of guy.
    When they spray alcohol on my hands (less and less of that here, alcohol costs money),, I use it to smooth my hair.
    Never fails to get a chuckle.

The Delta variant arrived too early to save the Dims in 2022.
    If it's as contagious as they claim, it will, like the standard flu, burn out before the mid-terms.
    But, we'll probably have another variant before then.
    Or some other reason to be led around by the nose.

Beyond the mask question,, I also question whether the disease is being treated proactively.
    It's big money to get someone into a hospital,, both for the hospital and for the physician.
    Why give some guy prophylactic treatment that costs one doctor's visit, and peanuts for the drugs, mitigates the symptoms, stops the disease from progressing,
    >>>>>>when you can wait until he's really sick, put him on a ventilator, and make a killing ?
    No pun intended.

We've become a nation of ill-informed sheep.
    Unable to process information, unable to make our own decisions.

How many times have you seen someone driving alone in their car, wearing a mask?
    I rest my case.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

We've become a nation of ill-informed sheep.
    Unable to process information, unable to make our own decisions.
    Other countries have and have done far better <shrug>

How many times have you seen someone driving alone in their car, wearing a mask?
    I rest my case.
    At first it was funny - Now I think it is just a subsegment of society see a mask as part of their daily attire and just put it on as they leave their home and take it off as they return. I have to remind Chilo a good amount of the time to take off her mask after groceries or if I pick her up after work the odd time.

It is an odd twist on how those who are howling that their rights are impacted by having to wear one and then malign those who exercise their own freedom of choice to wear one to calm themselves for <whatever reason>

Anyways - With 80% vax rate and good mask use we should be out of this mess by end September...... You guys?
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    With 80% vax rate and good mask use we should be out of this mess by end September...... You guys?
    you guys are in AWESOME shape.
    your population seems better educated, or you simply don't have that many folks that think and act like these RETRUMPLICANS here, I hate to even mentioned them,but that is the truth, it goes as far as having a RETRUMPLICAN U.S representative spewing anti vaccine lies.
    The hope is, and it seems headed that way, that the more anti vaccine folks die, the more of those folks will change their mind, eventhou,some are soooooo stupid, that they are in a ventilator, and they still believe the Virus is a made up shit.
    I would like to think,that we can get to at least 60% vaccination by years end.
    Nicaragua..... probably 3 years

Blog Entries

I have no problem wearing the mask when it's required, and would put one on if requested by some snowflake who felt vulnerable. No big deal. Happy to oblige.
    would you call a "Snowflake" a person with underlying medical issues?
    bullshit comments like that,come across as a supremacist ,God all mighty,that thinks a vulnerable is a snow flake
    this is what is wrong in the world, and this pandemic

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    you guys are in AWESOME shape.
    your population seems better educated, or you simply don't have that many folks that think and act like these RETRUMPLICANS here, I hate to even mentioned them,but that is the truth, it goes as far as having a RETRUMPLICAN U.S representative spewing anti vaccine lies.
    The hope is, and it seems headed that way, that the more anti vaccine folks die, the more of those folks will change their mind, eventhou,some are soooooo stupid, that they are in a ventilator, and they still believe the Virus is a made up shit.
    I would like to think,that we can get to at least 60% vaccination by years end.
    Nicaragua..... probably 3 years
    FCM...what exactly is a Retrumplican in your opinion? And what makes them so stupid in your opinion?
    Are you implying that a person who supports Trumps policies does not get the vaccine?.....When Trump implemented the vaccine??!!!
    It is hard to imagine just what kool-aid you are drinking or what drives your bizzare rants.

Blog Entries

When Trump implemented the vaccine??!!!
    It is hard to imagine just what kool-aid you are drinking or what drives your bizzare rants.
    It is EXTREMELY hard, to think why "SMART" people would support a Narcissist guy, unless you are like him.
    it is EXTREMELY hard to think why, a "SMART" person would support a 'President" who on LIVE television, not CNN news, suggest folks to inject chlorine?
    you would think, that smart folks would stay away from a lunatic like him, but.... they must have the same points of views.
    To be clear, I am NOT a Democrat, never been, I am a registered Independent, I have always placed Country first,I've always voted Republican,based on what I see on the primaries and campaign.
    Trump ruined the ENTIRE republican party with his narcissist,Supremacist ways.
    sorry but I have NO other way to describe a person who is on a ventilator,and still says the virus is a government shit.
    funny thing is.... bizzare is what your NEW Retrumplican party is doing, you will see, what will happen,on next elections,the popular majority can't and won't be wrong, eventhou ya'll keep crying "Stolen B.S"
    even if the Retrumplican party keeps trying to change the rules, they will loose, as long as they keep being Trump pets, the majority, don't like them, they turned the BEST, political party into a bunch of "Me first" mongers.
    and lastly, I don't like cool aid old man.
    this will be my last RANT, like you call it,don't like to argue with Ivy league Retrumplicans, makes me feel little,I am barely a high schooler
    cheers TOM

Blog Entries

It is EXTREMELY hard, to think why "SMART" people would support a Narcissist guy, unless you are like him.
    it is EXTREMELY hard to think why, a "SMART" person would support a 'President" who on LIVE television, not CNN news, suggest folks to inject chlorine?
    you would think, that smart folks would stay away from a lunatic like him, but.... they must have the same points of views.
    To be clear, I am NOT a Democrat, never been, I am a registered Independent, I have always placed Country first,I've always voted Republican,based on what I see on the primaries and campaign.
    Trump ruined the ENTIRE republican party with his narcissist,Supremacist ways.
    sorry but I have NO other way to describe a person who is on a ventilator,and still says the virus is a government shit.
    funny thing is.... bizzare is what your NEW Retrumplican party is doing, you will see, what will happen,on next elections,the popular majority can't and won't be wrong, eventhou ya'll keep crying "Stolen B.S"
    even if the Retrumplican party keeps trying to change the rules, they will loose, as long as they keep being Trump pets, the majority, don't like them, they turned the BEST, political party into a bunch of "Me first" mongers.
    and lastly, I don't like cool aid old man.
    this will be my last RANT, like you call it,don't like to argue with Ivy league Retrumplicans, makes me feel little,I am barely a high schooler
    cheers TOM
    I am sorry to hear that you feel "little" Felix......perhaps another valium and FDC will help.

Your insulting, indecipherable rant will be filed and forgotten.

I was hoping for a rational discussion which everyone else seems capable of producing.....other than you.

And as far as heart felt emoticons go....

Blog Entries

And as far as heart felt emoticons go....
    cheers mighty Tom, nice ass old man

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Other countries have and have done far better <shrug>

It is an odd twist on how those who are howling that their rights are impacted by having to wear one and then malign those who exercise their own freedom of choice to wear one to calm themselves for <whatever reason>

Anyways - With 80% vax rate and good mask use we should be out of this mess by end September...... You guys?

Canada has always been a more unified, better educated and more homogeneous country.
    You don't have an African American population of 13%, with a super predator 3% underclass.

You don't need a Second Amendment. We do.
    Without it we would be overrun.

We've always valued our freedoms as a nation and as individuals.
    We've fought hard and died for them,, often with Canada'a help.

We used to have an upward mobility second to none in the world.
    Arrive penniless, and achieve success through talent and hard work.

NOW, you can live better in the US on EBT cards, welfare, subsidized housing, unlimited medical access, and a free Obama phone, than you can live working at a decent job. Just the way it is.
    2+2 no longer equals 4.
    It equals what you feel it should equal.
    We see the meritocracy and quality schools that made our country great diminishing and many resent it.

Perhaps it's just a phase, and we'll get through it. Perhaps.
    In the meantime,, some significant number are struck from behind,, fall to pavement and crack their skulls.

I don't malign anyone who chooses to wear a mask.
    I simply want that freedom to choose for myself.

Wear you mask driving alone in your car,, when you sleep at night,, when you shower.
    It's your choice.

"...Anyways - With 80% vax rate and good mask use we should be out of this mess by end September...... You guys? .."

Maybe it IS a combination of vax rate and mask. I suspect that it's more that 80% vax rate.
    Great job, Canada, and the UK,, and I say that with all sincerity. I wish the US were there.

I suspect that if the Delta is as contagious as they say it is,, we will be at 80% "vax rate" by September,, or at least 80% immunity. Aren't they the same ?I'm not anti-vax. I'd had just about every vaccine that is commonly available.
    If there was a dengue vaccine available in this part of the world,, I would get that too.

BUT,, I do respect the right of those who have decided that the vaccine is not for them.
    I support the schools' mandate to vaccinate you child. It's a proven public health solution.

At first it was funny - Now I think it is just a subsegment of society see a mask as part of their daily attire and just put it on as they leave their home and take it off as they return. I have to remind Chilo a good amount of the time to take off her mask after groceries or if I pick her up after work the odd time.

would you call a "Snowflake" a person with underlying medical issues?
    bullshit comments like that,come across as a supremacist ,God all mighty,that thinks a vulnerable is a snow flake
    this is what is wrong in the world, and this pandemic

What does it matter what I think of someone?
    Am I not entitled to my opinion?

I already said that I would put the mask on, with a smile.
    You don't have to have an underlying medical issue. Just ask.
    Preferably, politely. Happy to oblige.
    What I think is my own business.

I've gotten to the point where I suspect everyone of being a snowflake until proven otherwise.
    Show me differently,, and I change my opinion.

Blog Entries

This is what is wrong with the World right now, people gone crazy, and that is me calling people crazy so you know it is bad.....
    Ernie K Doe

Look,, I do think that we should keep our discourse civil. I apologize for any hurt feelings. I didn't call anyone directly a snowflake, I never would.

Wear your mask,, wear two like Corn Pop does.
    If two are better than one,, perhaps three is the magic number??

I'll wear mine when I'm required to,, and not wear it when I'm not required to wear it.

Apologies to anyone who felt that they were called snowflakes . . .

Is that fair ??

Blog Entries

Fuck the Snowflakes, we do not have to be that civil.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

This Covid shit has made us all a little crazy, myself included. We have all formed opinions and is no way to know if we are wrong or right, time will tell. That is what makes us Humans is the ability to form thoughts and beliefs. Living in the USA you have the freedom to express your beliefs, lot of places don't.

Agree to Disagree, and some healthy banter in between.

We are not done with Covid yet....
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Look,, I do think that we should keep our discourse civil. I apologize for any hurt feelings. I didn't call anyone directly a snowflake, I never would.

Wear your mask,, wear two like Corn Pop does.
    If two are better than one,, perhaps three is the magic number??

I'll wear mine when I'm required to,, and not wear it when I'm not required to wear it.

Apologies to anyone who felt that they were called snowflakes . . .

Is that fair ??
    fair enough KWP

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast