Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Covid "Truth" vs Reality

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Covid "Truth" vs Reality

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    Going back to January, the mathematically changed and the wishful thinkers have a fundamental problem--if a vaccine is 90% effective that means it is 10 INNEFFECTIVE. Then comes Delta spreading it faster.
    And this is the first order data point that so many point too, not that you are 90% likely to NOT proceed with infection but that you are 10% (Certain?) to catch it...

Then there is substantive evidence that the infection is lower in severity, the chance of hospitalization significantly lower, and so on.

Aug results (The first month with over 70% vaccination w/2dose) that were released yesterday, shows 2 in 1,000 hospitalized.

Now on the flip side other data was released by the statistics group - They see a span of 9,000 infections a day by Oct 1 if we go balls to the wall open vs 500 a day if we tighten a little more - Consensus it that most local and the provincial Gov't is aiming at regulations pointing to 3,000 cases a day which will still allow the same economic activity but keep the populous from going stir crazy and the Hospitals somewhat clear.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    But going back to D-Yo's binary comments.
    My binary comments? Tsk, tsk, officer Bly. Naught is purely black or white. Even for the color-blind reality comes in infinite shades of gray.

The vaccine is binary - Those who have take it can not "Un-take it"
    First, these are not true vaccines. They are genetic agents that enhance (most of the time) our bodies’ ability to defend against infections that arise thru their spike proteins’ special ability to invade all the cells of our bodies. Second, there are more than two. Or is all of reality binary to you, officer Bly?

The last 18% up here ... I would _guess_ that a good 1/2 of those are never vaxers and they will never take it.
    “Never vaxers” is a derogatory term that first arose, as I recall, with those who felt Hg-stabilizers in certain real vaccines caused autism in their children that took the vaccines. Most simply don’t trust what they’ll get and want to learn more first. (In the USA we “trust in God”, not our government, which has been seized from the people. You Canadians are a royally different lot.) Even the inventor of the m-RNA therapy (“vaccine’) advises many against using them, largely because of their unknown long-term effects on the human body, even tho he & his daughters got the jab.

You use the term to end argument, to shut down inquiry - perhaps, unconsciously. I don't see you as a troll. But today all seem polarized by the reining insanities gripping the world today. I welcome the chance to find a rationale, friendly disagreement. Hell, we may even agreement on what virus soup we live in actually is.

The Netherlands is very antivax - Some of my cousins and one aunt are over the wall loopy on it. ... You know the saying about us Dutch men.... Wooden shoes, Wooden head, Wouldn't listen...
    IMO, the Dutch are the smartest humanitarians of Europe. Tremendously inventive folk. My dissertation advisor's Dutch.

I'll comment more later. Time-out. I want to listen to Bannon's WarRoom now.
    See no evil, Hear no evil, Speak no evil: be a wise simian

Blog Entries

Ah yes, the Youtube censorship. The badge of honor for the intrepid resistance. Or, about equally possible, the natural progression of pre-designed controlled opposition.

Set up an actor to play a doctor and make lots of doctor-like noises, dress him in scrubs, have him say in medical sounding jargon all the stuff that half the population wants to believe. This is the yang to Dr. Fauci's yin, of course. Between the two (binary, yes binary) viewpoints, everyone's mind is stirred into a heady brew of Kovid Kombucha. Since both sides are controlled by the same people, I can only conclude that both sides are wrong. And this is why it is NOT a binary choice.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    ...First, these are not true vaccines. They are genetic agents that enhance (most of the time) our bodies’ ability to defend against infections that arise thru their spike proteins’ special ability to invade all the cells of our bodies. Second, there are more than two.

IMO, the Dutch are the smartest humanitarians of Europe. Tremendously inventive folk. My dissertation advisor's Dutch.
    The censored doctor said that the gene therapy shot potentially weakens the immune systems in children, who naturally have stronger immune systems than adults. That was one of his reasons for avoiding it. How long the weakened effect lasts, no one knows. Another thing he said was that full approval of the gene therapy shot was legal only if there were no authorized treatments available (like ivermectin and hyroxychloroquine), so there was a clear agenda behind not authorizing their use and pushing the Big Pharma get-rich-quick shots instead.

There are three (IIRC) vaxes that use attenuated viruses, the old fashioned way, but we're not allowed to have those in the good ol' U S of A.

As for the Dutch, they are a smart people. They also had the Dutch East India Company, whose descendants are sometimes blamed for the world's current problems.

Blog Entries

First, these are not true vaccines. They are genetic agents that enhance (most of the time) our bodies’ ability to defend against infections that arise thru their spike proteins’ special ability to invade all the cells of our bodies.

On that I would agree - The Maderna and Pfizer are infection avoidance schemas - The AZ/Covid shield is a real vaccine - and what we (Chilo and I) originally wanted - But the 64 blood clots cases per per 1million doses, with 6 deaths resulting, was something it could not shake here after the media ran with it.
    Applying the term Vaccine to the mRNA treatments was to calm those who could, or choose not, to know the difference.

Sober reflection a couple months later showed that clotting was statistically slightly more that the regular occurrence for the first 1/3 of the year (AZ vs unvaccinated people ) But the damage was done and AZ is still a rare find here.

Sorry - I use the term Nevervaxers in the context of people I know who are and will always be nevervaxers . if I would take 100ppl I know, I can name 9 nevervaxers right off top of my head. And no, no one here would be in that 100 as I have typed with ya'll for over a decade, I do not know any of you in passing other that John S who I have probably sat and drank coffee with for a day or two over the past 8 yrs so in his SJDS encampment.

I was astonished at the level of anti vax sentimentales.

Friends are suddenly coming out of the wood work, saying,,
    "Not me"!

I still plan on getting the J &J shot, and scamming a second as a booster.

There is something about the vaccinations and the inmune system. Russians involved in the biológical warfare program were constantly being vaccinated and many wound up with trashed immune system.

That is a fascinating story,, a harbinger of the future. It won't be long before Israel tells us of an Iranian bio warfare lab in the Afghani mountains along the Paki border.

But, that's another thread.

I've gotten jabbed (or squirted, i was in the army while those high pressure air injectors enjoyed a brief popularity), so many times.

I still get a tetanus booster every year.
    And I'm a sucker for anything new my NP runs by me.

Shingles? Why not. We have a new pneumonia vaccine,, ?
    Sure. Same arm? Or you want to spread the wealth?

The ability to turn a vaccine quickly, even if it's only 80% will be crucial if the Iranians do a Twelve Monkeys on us.

John S who I have probably sat and drank coffee with for a day or two over the past 8 yrs so in his SJDS encampment

Is John still alive and kicking?
    I haven't seen him in over two years.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post

Is John still alive and kicking?
    I haven't seen him in over two years.
    Oh yea - He had some health issues that were addressed in the states but he is back now.

Just a couple days ago he posted that More antivaxxers, less antivaxers meme with some actor (forget his name but he is holting a martini and smiling ) and had a flurry of Pro vax camp comments. .

Blog Entries

Reality, we need a high level of vaccination, semi-permanent or a least seasonal protocols (masks), and changes in lifestyle, public health codes, and labor laws. ... border controls, too.
    I respectfully disagree. I recognize that is what we’re told. But if we are to continue as sapiens sapiens in this human experiment on earth, let’s all do an intelligent risk-benefits analysis of this covid ‘pandemic’ first. Let us think, once again.
    “Each year, 1.35 million people are killed on roadways around the world.” - from CDC.gov,
    * Every day, almost 3,700 people are killed globally in crashes involving cars, buses, motorcycles, bicycles, trucks, or pedestrians. More than half of those killed are pedestrians, motorcyclists, or cyclists.
    * Crash injuries are estimated to be the eighth leading cause of death globally for all age groups and the leading cause of death for children and young people 5–29 years of age.

Yet, we don’t outlaw cars, or say, prohibit access to roads for half of all vehicles every other day - to avoid deaths, or drop the speed limit to well below 55. Sure there's lots we do do to make roadways safer. By paying mind to the real costs that counterbalance any expected life benefits.

Gentlemen, I submit that all that is said on the covid ‘pandemic’ lacks perspective, or rather, totally ignores the reality of the current situation. Most amounts to propaganda. Do intelligent people really think the current delta-etc covid 'pandemic' is as deadly dangerous as the 1918 pandemic that barely made news copy? Why? God knows. The great reset? A planned agreement among those who rule to avoid WWIII, as nations have already begun to align? Because collectively we are truly too stupid to continue to be considered sapiens sapiens?

Way to much for a corrupt and dying nation like the US.
    Show me a nation that’s not corrupt. Dying? Or busy struggling to be reborn on the backs of common men of common sense, because its elites are too stinking rotten, too myopic, too traitorous?

China is grossly overextended, and though they have the numbers, they are suffocating them under excessive totalitarian controls. All they touch gets smothered. Their experiment with capitalism is failing to align under CCP control. Xi’s tower to heaven will collapse.
    Meanwhile the bridges they build do help the world as long as they remain international.

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Part of the problem in the US is that the government has deemed the vaccine to be the primary universal tool. The stats say obesity and uncontrolledly diabetes are the main killers, and I suspect that that is why covid deaths are unreported in Nic. Why waste expensive tests to "verify" somebody died of covid when you could spend the money and time on treatment.
    But back to the point--why isn't the govmint on a massive anti-obesity and anti uncontrolled diabetes campaign? Why aren't they mandating HEPA filters on ACs in public places? Why aren't they closing night clubs for the duration. One airline is adding a $200 surcharge per month for unvaccinated employees. why aren't the charging fatsos $200 a month extra?

I am not a great believer in coincidences. The leadership from the leaders in the US at all levels has been horrible. Chinese money or political sympathies may explain Fauci, stupidly may explain Trump, dementia may be Biden's excuse, but where does it end?

The US, the census report is out .The US has fallen to less than 60 percent white. While race is not the perfect tool to see of the state of a nation, it is the best fuzzy indicator of what is going on. The US is too far down the road to a multinational, multilingual state like Yugoslavia or the USSR to recover.

And solutions are few. I hope President Harris fires Fauci and the gang, but the problem is she will replace them with DOCs, dipshits of color, so there will be no net gain.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Covid was an intelligence test and we flunked.

Fatties are close to becoming a protected class.
    Pretty soon it will be LQBTXYZ+Fatties

Say "fatty" and you will be charged with a hate crime.

Why aren't they mandating HEPA filters on ACs in public places?

Cause they probably found out,, or knew, that the HEPA filters don't protect any better than the mask.
    Great for allergens,, a basketball compared to the speck of dust sized virus particle.

How about something zinc or anti viral, based that we could spray in our noses ?
    For most people,, that is where the virus initially attaches.

You saw it here first,, zinc/ ivermectin spray for your nose.

Blog Entries

How about something zinc or anti viral, based that we could spray in our noses? For most people,, that is where the virus initially attaches. You saw it here first,, zinc/ ivermectin spray for your nose.
    A totally capital idea!
    For me, very dilute Zn plus chloroquine (or HCQ). Not just to avoid infection, but, with a few full nasal snorts beforehand, to guarantee passing all covid tests pre-flight or pre-border crossing.
    Patent it in Nicaragua and the regime will love you forever. Besides, you may very well need para-military-level protection once Big-Pharma sends their goons to eliminate the competition. Beware of any crews led by a short frail-looking dude who talks like Bugs Bunny. (The Fauci hit squad is fabled).

Blog Entries

Meanwhile, its Lite time!

Ruskies are sending a new vaccine Lite--1 shot, 80 % effective. It should speed up the vaccination process. 1 friend has gotten her Sputnik phone call for shot #2 next week, my wife is stressed that she has not gotten her call. Among other things, they have to tell you which clinic to go to. Thousands of people at 3 different clinics at 5 AM is a lot of logistics. not to mention one big traffic jam.

Panama has quarantine Lite for peeple from bad countries like the USA and CR. 3 days in the cooler, I mean hotel, if you don't have vaccine card + 14 days. Negative test at 3 day mark springs you from hotel.

When will the dummies realize the vaccine cards are already being counterfeited. Probably the easy fix is to start QR coding them.

Blog Entries

A top Canadian epidemiologist lays the blame for the scientific confusion over the worldwide Covid pandemic at the feet of America in today’s NYTimes.

"How did the effectiveness of a drug like hydroxychloroquine become a political litmus test, rather than a question for dispassionate clinical study? Nothing is gained when basic scientific and policy questions become ideological footballs. The United States is the dominant biomedical research entity in the world, and so its flagrant political dysfunction became a global problem. This infused everything that we epidemiologists did with doubt, suspicion and the whiff of partisanship.
    ___ "Politics has dogged us at every turn in these past 18 months — astonishing failings at the C.D.C. and F.D.A. under political appointees, the politicization of proven interventions like masks and vaccines, and more."
    Take the return to in-person schooling. By April 2020, over three-quarters of the world’s schoolchildren were at home, yet we quickly learned enough to safely reopen schools for younger children — with measures like masking and ventilation — and this is indeed what happened in much of Canada, Europe and Asia. But that progress from evidence to policy hit a brick wall in the United States when the Trump administration aggressively promoted resumption of in-person schooling as a crucial step toward economic recovery. When the former president threw his weight behind the priority that children should be back in classrooms, blue-state politicians, teachers unions and many epidemiologists were adamantly opposed. Rational discourse about the policy question became all but impossible. Every interpretation of evidence became colored by the suspicion that it was in the service of a political allegiance.
    "Science is a social process, and we all live amid the social soup of personalities, parties and power. The political dysfunction that holds America hostage also holds science hostage. To restore faith in science, there must be faith in social institutions more broadly, and this requires a political reckoning. The real problem is simply that sick societies have sick institutions."

His conclusion, paraphrased: go to the barricades to fight for the revolution.

Last edited by Daddy-YO; 09-11-2021 at 09:53 AM. Reason: highlite

Blog Entries

Lotta 'Muricans want Fauci prosecuted criminally. Trouble is, to do any good you would have to take down all of CDC/NIH with him. I say contract out with some smart muchacho or muchacha from Taiwan.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, it is getting kinda scary. Every couple days my wife gets a message of somebody else in el barrio viejo who died. The man who reupholstered our truck seat passed away this week...

Blog Entries

Here's the straight story of Florida compared to other states regarding recent Covid statistics.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/dr-sco...e_4013490.html
    It's refreshing to hear a knowledgeable doctor speak intelligently. He doesn't trust the CDC. Says that ignoring natural immunity is a national disgrace. Re. boosters: declining antibodies doesn't necessarily mean lower immunity. But he's generally pro-mRNA'vaccines' - though certainly not for children, while recognizing that the long-term effects are unknown.

Bottom line: it's each individual's choice, or, at least, it should be.

Here's the straight story of Florida compared to other states regarding recent Covid statistics.
    https://www.theepochtimes.com/dr-sco...e_4013490.html
    It's refreshing to hear a knowledgeable doctor speak intelligently. He doesn't trust the CDC. Says that ignoring natural immunity is a national disgrace. Re. boosters: declining antibodies doesn't necessarily mean lower immunity. But he's generally pro-mRNA'vaccines' - though certainly not for children, while recognizing that the long-term effects are unknown.

Bottom line: it's each individual's choice, or, at least, it should be.

Cuba is going to vaccinate children two years and above.
    They are desperate to get their tourism back.
    But it's a different vaccine as I understand. More like the conventional vaccines of yore.

I find the lack of interest in who actually had the virus difficult to understand.
    My antibody test was free,, Shelley paid $25 for hers.
    Present a positive antibody test, and avoid the endless PCR or antigen testing.

Even a carefully constructed sample could be reliably extrapolated to an understanding of who and how many were infected.
    The extrapolation could give us an idea as to how close we are to that magic herd immunity.
    Ironically,, we are not achieving herd immunity with the vaccine

Blog Entries

samples have been done and are not encouraging. Even places like NY have only had 25% with the disease, and actual immunity duration is still not known. And I think the US is so busy pushing its vaccine agenda they aren't paying much attention to the fine details of the disease.

One problem with vaccinating kids with unproven vaccines is that if there is some longterm negative effect of the shots you have no new generation to save the species.

CR wants the money of tourism but is paying the price health wise. Like the US, they seem to be putting their whole bet on the vaccine.

Stories out of AZ--rural hospitals are getting hit because they cannot transfer non-covid patients to big city hospitals for surgery. This used to be a problem just for the uninsured--the local hospital has to admit you but can't transfer you if you need more sophisticated treatment. Stay home and die.

"One problem with vaccinating kids with unproven vaccines is that if there is some longterm negative effect of the shots you have no new generation to save the species."

The stuff of a Hollywood movie.

The possibilities here are endless for an enterprising lab in Pakistan, Iran, or Afghanistan.

I could make some suggestions

Maybe that's the plan

Blog Entries

How about something zinc or anti viral, based that we could spray in our noses ? For most people,, that is where the virus initially attaches. You saw it here first,, zinc/ ivermectin spray for your nose.
    "Patients who initiated isotonic saline nasal irrigation after a positive COVID-19 PCR test were 19 times less likely to be hospitalized than the national rate." (Patients' average age = 64.)
    from, https://www.medrxiv.org/content/10.1....16.21262044v1

Sometimes it's the simple precautions that are most effective, like an aspirin-a-day for those with heart/circulatory problems.

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar

"One problem with vaccinating kids with unproven vaccines is that if there is some longterm negative effect of the shots you have no new generation to save the species."

The stuff of a Hollywood movie.

The possibilities here are endless for an enterprising lab in Pakistan, Iran, or Afghanistan.

I could make some suggestions

Maybe that's the plan
    hell, why not Nicaragua?

Blog Entries

"Patients who initiated isotonic saline nasal irrigation after a positive COVID-19 PCR test were .
    "Sir - May I see your Saline inhalation card"

Your infectious disease folk would say
    1) The person has to actually be tested to get treatment (Asymptomatics will just keep on spreading)
    2) The infected person who is snorting salts is still spreading/infectious.

There is a bath salts joke here somewhere...

They are dying like flies in Estelí

Friend of a friend lost both parents within hours of each other at Juan de Dios.

"hell, why not Nicaragua? "

I feel safe here, have the meds in case I get re-infected.
    Odds are miniscule.

We haven't had anything here in the campo close to me.
    RobleDal had an ourbreak,, nothing I know of here in La Lima or in San Andreas.

There might be something to that "social distancing" thing.
    Churches here would be the super spreaders, people singing and shouting, packed in pretty tight.
    Twice a week at least, Wed night and all day Sunday.

I don't see anyone in the campo wearing a mask.

From Today's Medscape:

Coronavirus Resource Center
    Within a day of testing positive for covid-19 in June, Miranda Kelly was sick enough to be scared. At 44, with diabetes and high blood pressure, Kelly, a certified nursing assistant, was having trouble breathing, symptoms serious enough to send her to the emergency room.
    When her husband, Joe, 46, fell ill with the virus, too, she really got worried, especially about their five teenagers at home: "I thought, 'I hope to God we don't wind up on ventilators. We have children. Who's going to raise these kids?"
    But the Kellys, who live in Seattle, had agreed just after their diagnoses to join a clinical trial at the nearby Fred Hutch cancer research center that's part of an international effort to test an antiviral treatment that could halt covid early in its course.

By the next day, the couple were taking four pills, twice a day. Though they weren't told whether they had received an active medication or placebo, within a week, they said, their symptoms were better. Within two weeks, they had recovered.

"I don't know if we got the treatment, but I kind of feel like we did," Miranda Kelly said. "To have all these underlying conditions, I felt like the recovery was very quick."
    The Kellys have a role in developing what could be the world's next chance to thwart covid: a short-term regimen of daily pills that can fight the virus early after diagnosis and conceivably prevent symptoms from developing after exposure.
    "Oral antivirals have the potential to not only curtail the duration of one's covid-19 syndrome, but also have the potential to limit transmission to people in your household if you are sick," said Timothy Sheahan, a virologist at the University of North Carolina-Chapel Hill who has helped pioneer these therapies.

I like my nasal spray idea better

Blog Entries

Time to reread “1984”. Beyond Big Brother, the keep-it-all-locked-down ‘caring’ authoritarian, there was Newspeak, like our lovingly informative media bunch with their social controls over wayward ‘public’ speech (they determine what is misinformation), and the Thought Police keeping thoughtcrime down, such as helping poor bigots become, if not anti-racists, at least politically correct, and if necessary one could be, as Orwell wrote, unpersoned, or as we’d say, cancelled. Published in 1949, it found a big underground readership behind the Iron Curtain, during those Soviet years, with people asking themselves, “How did he know?” We’ve been a little slow catching up, but now we too wonder how he knew it’d be like that, like this.

Do you seek truth? Check out Project Veritas. They’ve been setting the record straight on vaccine misinformation (from Fauci & Big Pharma on down). They have been sued and have sued (NYTimes for defamation) and they’ve never lost a court case. The latest bit they’re going public with is Pfizer scientists' recognition that natural immunity (from having had covid) is better & longer lasting than their ‘vaccine’-induced immunity and, probably, the only path to herd immunity.

Cheap & effective antivirals have been known and used successfully since the Chinese first released SARS-CoV-2 upon the world. Known, but nixed by Fauci, the FDA and the media, based on faux-science, intimidation and censorship. The real ‘problem’ was obviously that those antivirals were too cheap & readily available. But now that Merck has their own pricey antiviral and is applying with the FDA for emergency authorization for covid-19, it seems clear that this pandemic will be magically brought under control. Meanwhile these ‘vaccines’ that are NOT based on the SARS-CoV-2 virus will continue to be mandated as long as stupidity reigns over us.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast