Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: So,, MonkeyPox is an STD ??

Default Re: So,, MonkeyPox is an STD ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    They protested at the federal level upon a premise (shutdowns) that was a provincial responsibility. Every one understood that save for the truckers.

There were some things that were a result of federal mandates (Masks on planes, border entry for truckers etc etc) but none of those mattered as there were countervailing requirements on the US side.

e.g. Vaccination mandates for truckers did not mean s#it as no (Canadian) trucker could go into the US without a vaccination card - and over 90% of the truckers were vaccinated to make the trip already.

Now I am all for a protest against Trudeau - But if they wanted to camp out on the lawn of the capitol or hold up some placards - thats fine. Not snarl the capitol for 3 weeks impeding legal movement of folks and making home owners lives horrible.

Blocking the parliament for 3 weeks, pissing on the national war memorial, dancing on the tomb of the unknown soldier and harassing convenience store owners because (the city government) put mask mandates to enter their store.

In general they came out looking like buffoons' to our majority who vote - Case in point Jason Kenny - resigned after shutdown mismanagement overwhelmed the hospital system and confidence in leadership - then Dougie Ford (Brother of our crack smoking Mayor of Toronto who died of Cancer) coasts to reelection after mismanaging wave 2, but held it together for wave 3 and 4.

They are far fewer AOM (Angry Old Men) up here to have those groups have the impact they do down there.

Some excellent information.
    It's amazing how little information most Americans get from the media about the world around us.
    We live in a bubble.

Then we try to apply our standards to the rest of the world,,
    and the disasters of Iraq and Afghanistan are the result.

As far as Canada goes, most north Americans' knowledge of Canada probably came from watching South Park.

I'm not sure HOW we got to the dark place where we are now in the US.
    Trump had something to do with it,, for sure.
    The pandemic didn't help; certainly our response lacked common sense and integrity.

This global warming BS is a distraction.
    I remember a geology field trip to a bluff over looking the pacific ocean in California,, perhaps 100 feet above sea level, digging for marine fossils.
    Another in the California desert east of Barstow, same-O

Saudi Arabia used to be a swamp,, with grazing dinosaurs.
    Europe used to be covered with a 100 Ft shelf of ice.
    Climate changes. Shit happens.

We have far more pressing, immediate problems:

How to get the people living on the streets in their own filth sheltered.
    At least the ones who want to be sheltered.

An end to the crime that plagues us.
    I remember a time when people never locked their doors at night,,
    and left their keys in their cars so they wouldn't misplace them.

Schools that teach reading riting and rithmatic instead of transgender studies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by KeyWestPirate View Post
    Too bad Nicaragua is not energy independent..
    The price of electricity has changed littke these past few years. Roughly half is generated by burning bunker oil. I imagine DOS gets a sweet deal on that from Venezuela. The rest is from 'renewable' sources: wind & geothermal (16% @) and Hydroelectric & biomass/waste.

The energy cost that can most affect Nicaraguans is gasoline/diesel, most of which is imported or derived from imported oil.

Nicaragua's true strength is in its 'poverty' class, their reliance on centuries old technologies, their ability to survive on little, and the year-round growing 'season' with its abundant fresh water & climate mild enough for minimal shelter. It's ironic to think of these as the truly free. Here in Leon, t's common to see horse & wagon transport. Oxen still plow fields hereabouts, tho they don't compete with tractors on large farms. for now

The common marketplaces of small farming families selling their fresh produce outsell the supermarkets today, not in straight dollar economic terms I'd guess, but in terms of the number of people served.

So there is a resilience to this little "backward" country that may outlast the global overlords attempt to crush the world into total subservience, unless, of course, the whole global conflict get reduced to modern weapons.
    The Great Reset, "You'll have nothing AND you'll be happy." - Klaus Schwab, W.E.F. __"First abolish private property," Marx & Engels

Blog Entries

In what can only be understood as mental masturbation, I checked travel/gc/CA to learn:
    Based on your answers, you will not be allowed to enter Canada, even if you have tested negative for COVID-19. Unless you qualify as a fully vaccinated traveller, you cannot enter Canada for ... tourism, fishing, entertainment or leisure.
    OK, thank you. Yes, I have been tested for covid more than six times - all negative - but that doesn't matter. I have never been innoculated with what are called, in the new globl liberal order, "vaccines", but are - universally acknowledged - experimental therapies to boost the immune system againsd covid-19 infection issued on an emergency basis to combat this globally released bio-agent. Their continue use is NOT supported by top modern scientists around the world.

Don't matter..
    The Great Reset, "You'll have nothing AND you'll be happy." - Klaus Schwab, W.E.F. __"First abolish private property," Marx & Engels

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Daddy-YO View Post
    In what can only be understood as mental masturbation, I checked travel/gc/CA to learn:
    OK, thank you.
    Oh wow - I thought you could enter, but had to do the 7 day quarantine shuffle..

Nothing but Moose and Maple syrup so not much to see.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Nothing but Moose and Maple syrup so not much to see.

I really like good maple syrup.
    What does moose taste like?

Shelley has decided, no more raising chickens for meat
    We can buy "conos" at La Colonia for 47 cords, 43 if we buy 100 pounds.
    She is keeping a few layers, we really like the fresh eggs.

PriceSmart has pork from the US for less than we can buy it locally. Concentrado is up 50%
    The numbers never did add up, but it was a lot of fun.

I'm really going to miss my pigs.
    I like them better than a lot of people I know.

Blog Entries

I just kind-a put 2 and 2 together - It applies to Major League players as well. In Jays games this year they have been mentioning which players are excluded from the visiting team roster because they were not vaccinated.

While it is obvious from the statement it actually did not click with my conspicuousness until Daddy Y mentioned the gob-ment of Canada oppressing him

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    . . . . Daddy Y mentioned the gob-ment of Canada oppressing him
    Whoa man! The CCP-occupied "Canada oppressing" yo? No way. As I said it was a worthless mental exercise just checking dot-CA only cause your postings confused me. I have no desire or need to visit the place - at least not until well after the globe warms at least 10 degrees C.

Neither do I plan to visit China, Russia, the Ukraine, nor Afghanistan

And I doubt - without checking - that Aussies or Kiwis would let me in either. GB?

Blog Entries

And I doubt - without checking - that Aussies or Kiwis would let me in either. GB?

IIUC - an affirmative on the Aussies and Kiwi's

Blog Entries

Neither do I plan to visit China,
    No need, for the past 2 and a bit years China has been visiting us...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12