Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Pre Fab Concrete Casa?

Default Re: Pre Fab Concrete Casa?

when will you be showing us some pictures scout finch? any chance of showing me 1 of your projects in person?

Im in El Raizon just before the Masaya volcano... 22799888 we have two kinds of emergency houses temporarily erected in our little factory right now.

One metal sip structure the other Hardi Panel. I have a completed house nearby in Masaya.

Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    when will you be showing us some pictures scout finch? any chance of showing me 1 of your projects in person?

one of my other posts has some shots also take a look at sippaneles.com

I saw it one other time, but I have seen so many of the prefab house advertisements here in Managua that I forgot about it.

Do you have any time this week when I can stop by and see the system?

I saw it one other time, but I have seen so many of the prefab house advertisements here in Managua that I forgot about it.

Do you have any time this week when I can stop by and see the system?
    Of course... Im here about 75% of the time the other amount is spent...
    obtaining materials for the houses 8 till 7 pm

"If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

my response will be either "Paper or plastic?" or with the propensity of Nicas to cook over an open fire... can any one fill in the blank?

Blog Entries

"Hidden killer feature"
    It has been designed so that a family can slaughter an animal on the veranda, wash it in the shower and hang it, along with fish, on an integrated washing line.

These are the latest shots from the San Juan Del Sur casa on the beach
    Attached Images Attached Images

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Finch View Post
    These are the latest shots from the San Juan Del Sur casa on the beach

The tree exception is neat... But why not just offset the house by 3'?? Or did the house footprint WRT the plot not allow that?
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

That house is temporary 6 months and we take it down... it really was the only partially level portion of the property to erect the house so rather than cut the tree we choose to cut a roof panel

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Scout, thanks for the pics.....

I think the house is neat, for two people a nice size.....

It reminds me of what a good friend of my father told me years ago.....

"How nice of a house do you have to have to live in?, How nice of a car do you need to get around in, put your money to work for you, the hell with trying to impress others......

A good gazibo and a BBQ place is good enough"
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

I thought it would be a neat project to have in SJDS area, a residential setup where they had similar size houses, nothing special, small lots as well. The community would be for surfers who come down to hang out for 1 or 2 months a year, and want to store their boards and other junk, even let their friends and family use the house for parts of the year. A house and a lot might cost you U$30,000 dollars, and there might be an upkeep and security fee per year. If this sort of community was in SJDS area, even Tola, I would think about buying one, so I have a place to go for the weekends. Just a thought anyway.

I thought it would be a neat project to have in SJDS area, a residential setup where they had similar size houses, nothing special, small lots as well. The community would be for surfers who come down to hang out for 1 or 2 months a year, and want to store their boards and other junk, even let their friends and family use the house for parts of the year. A house and a lot might cost you U$30,000 dollars, and there might be an upkeep and security fee per year. If this sort of community was in SJDS area, even Tola, I would think about buying one, so I have a place to go for the weekends. Just a thought anyway.
    i have a lot! maybe we can work a deal? you could buy the one that's being taken down? or he may want a permanent lot for the next 17 years?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    i have a lot! maybe we can work a deal? you could buy the one that's being taken down? or he may want a permanent lot for the next 17 years?
    I am always open for suggestions...

Smile Re: Pre Fab Concrete Casa?

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Scout, thanks for the pics.....

I think the house is neat, for two people a nice size.....

It reminds me of what a good friend of my father told me years ago.....

"How nice of a house do you have to have to live in?, How nice of a car do you need to get around in, put your money to work for you, the hell with trying to impress others......

A good gazibo and a BBQ place is good enough"
    Little house with big dreams...

Blog Entries

Scout and 3F, I think what you two are tossing around and doing is great.... Here they build chicken houses out of green wood right out of the Forrest, and they don't hold up, after 5 years or so they have to redo them... And they are not cheap.... Scout what you are on to is perfect as far as I can see......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Smile Re: Pre Fab Concrete Casa?

Scout and 3F, I think what you two are tossing around and doing is great.... Here they build chicken houses out of green wood right out of the Forrest, and they don't hold up, after 5 years or so they have to redo them... And they are not cheap.... Scout what you are on to is perfect as far as I can see......
    Thanks I appreciate the remark and Iknow from one Irish guy to another that complements are tossed around like manhole covers

Quote Originally Posted by Scout Finch View Post
    Thanks I appreciate the remark and Iknow from one Irish guy to another that complements are tossed around like manhole covers
    Hi Scott,
    I am new to the forum and fairly new to Nicaragua. I have several friends who have lived in Nica for years. I am will be in the market very soon to build a house. What you have seems to be efficient and affordable in comparison to local means. I am very familiar with Hardi board as I have added a large addition to my US home using it. I might have missed this scanning through the threads, but does your linear price include installation or will I need to find installers?
    Thanks in advance and thanks for all the great info on this forum guys.
    Cp

Blog Entries

Mr. Loco, first of all welcome to the site and welcome to Nicaragua........

You have come to the right place looking information about the country.....

And do share your experiences with us, sometimes a different angle of looking at things even help's seasoned fellow adventurers.....

Mr. Loco, first of all welcome to the site and welcome to Nicaragua........

You have come to the right place looking information about the country.....

And do share your experiences with us, sometimes a different angle of looking at things even help's seasoned fellow adventurers.....
    Thanks for the warm welcome JW. I'm sure I will be using the forum to make my life easier. I look forward to more information and interactions with you guys.
    Cp

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Sir Scout...

Do you have a "Google Sketch" module of one of your Panels?? If not can you PDF me a basic drawing of a unit?

I know "DXF" is where it's at.. but I'm limited to freeware .. Of course you can have a copy once I am done...

Here is one similar in google library already.. SIP panel
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Sir Scout...

Do you have a "Google Sketch" module of one of your Panels?? If not can you PDF me a basic drawing of a unit?

I know "DXF" is where it's at.. but I'm limited to freeware .. Of course you can have a copy once I am done...

Here is one similar in google library already.. SIP panel
    Here ya go an image of a drawing of a panel.

On more time

Quote Originally Posted by cpesloco View Post
    Hi Scott,
    I am new to the forum and fairly new to Nicaragua. I have several friends who have lived in Nica for years. I am will be in the market very soon to build a house. What you have seems to be efficient and affordable in comparison to local means. I am very familiar with Hardi board as I have added a large addition to my US home using it. I might have missed this scanning through the threads, but does your linear price include installation or will I need to find installers?
    Thanks in advance and thanks for all the great info on this forum guys.
    Cp
    CP,

We do the installation for now until we can confirm your people can do the job (its not difficult but you can really screw up if you haven done it before) Installation here is cheap... you big head aches can be water and sewer or bringing electrical to you sight... we have suggestions for each of these issues... and so do alot of other folks...

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast