Thread: Cheap Calls From U.S.A to Nicaragua

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Cheap Calls From U.S.A to Nicaragua

I had used the yahoo pc to pc method before, but decided to give their pre-paid system a shot.

The calls where crisp crystal clear and at .15 cents a minute, you can call home number and cell numbers in Esteli/Nicaragua as well.

I had been a fan of pre-paid calling cards for the last 5 years since they were cheap, but not too reliable not to mention our company bills where $$$$$$$$.

The pre-paid system by yahoo is both cheap and extremely reliable.

To try it you must first download Messenger with voice http://www.messenger.yahoo.com , then charge up some minutes to the service, minimum is $10. all you need is your pc and head set

Try it and hope you like it.

Regards.

FAP

Default I tried it about 6 months ago

and I ran out of $10 in like 20 minutes. I refused to use it after that. did they change!?

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I tried it about 6 months ago

Right now $25 will give you 168 plus mins $10 should give you 66 mins

Quote Originally Posted by 3 frijoles
    and I ran out of $10 in like 20 minutes. I refused to use it after that. did they change!?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default I am still using

the NET To Phone....

I get 400 and some minutes for 25 dollars...

I have to use it when the Nicaraguan internet is "Low Traffic" in my area of Puerto Cabezas.

Before 8 AM and after 10 PM but it is Clear...

I talk to my Mother in the US like I am nextdoor...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Super Meditator

Thanks for sharing Felix. I just got 6 minutes from a $5 card I just bought.

Part of my family lives in Esteli, Nueva Segovia and San Juan del Sur; what is the best and cheapest method to call from the US to a cell or land line. I use prepaid calling cards and a $5 one gives me from 17 to 22 mins only, depending on the card.

Rip off ain't it!!!!

I took FisherCigarMan's Idea and tried Yahoo Messenger again. They have a Computer to Phone option and although its not the cheapest it has been extremely reliable especially compared to those cheap'o Phone Cards.

Computer to Cell Phone just went up to 25.9 cents a minute and Computer to House Phone is at 19.9 cents a minute. I don't believe there are any "Extra" Fees, but you may want to check on that. and if you don't use all of the money in one shot on your account you still have it until whenever.

The phone cards were giving me problems with connection, where I would have to call a half dozen times before it would let me through, yet I do NOT have this problem with Yahoo Messenger and the calls have been crystal clear.

The cards unfortunately can only be purchased in $10 and $20 increments.

Thanks!!!! I'll see when I can set it up and give it a try.

Default Try

SKYPE. We use it to call the US...about 2cents a minute. Best time are low traffice times - early morning, late night. Of course, if you have a high speed connection you could use all the time.

Default Re: Try

Quote Originally Posted by Pat
    SKYPE. We use it to call the US...about 2cents a minute. Best time are low traffice times - early morning, late night. Of course, if you have a high speed connection you could use all the time.
    That is still one thing I do not understand. The Nicaragua Internet to USA calls can be about 2-6 cents a mintue, while USA Internet to Nicaragua Phone calls range from 19 cents 49 cents a minute.

Why the HUGE difference? any idea.

Default VOIP

In Nica they use the internet to make the call to USA. When you call a cell phone in Nica from USA then you have to pay the 17-20 cents per minute.

What is this net 2 phone-do they have a website?

They have better rates than skype for sure.

Most of the internet cafes near my home in Managua use the NET-2-PHONE and they charge between 1-3 cordobas a minute. I looked them up when I got back to the states to call Nicaragua and they charge something like 49 cents a minute in the oposite direction.

Default yahoo voice

i use the yahoo voice and have good dealings with it. you should always check the rate before connecting to ensure your rate. when i first used it it was.15 to call mom in port and .20 to call sis. both are on mobile phones which run more than a land line. my mom has gone up to .17 but this is still better than any phone card i have usede