Thread: John Wayne - Sunday

Blog Entries

Default John Wayne - Sunday

I talked to him last night, and he sounded pretty good. His colostomy bag was making a mess all over the house that his wife has to clean up, but he's looking forward to telling stories about the whole experience.

Blog Entries

Default Re: John Wayne - Sunday

JW called last night (Monday), first thing out of his mouth, how was the BBQ. Saturday afternoon when talking to him I mentioned that I had bought some pig and planned to do some smoke torture to it.

I did not know if I should go into all the details, a slab of smoked ribs (homemade sauce on the side), cole slaw, lima beans, corn on the cob, tomato and avocado salad, garlic coconut bread, almost lied to him, probably should of. The moans reconfirmed the fact I should have lied, he was in obvious pain, not from any medical procedure, but because his arch nemesis Merle had gotten to enjoy the meal and he had not.

Merle and I were supposed to call him, but we got caught up in the moment. Between us we had 4 beers, 2 each (possibly a record for all time low), neither finished the 2nd, there was a long silence and little movement for a good while after the dishes were removed from the table, finally Merle broke the silence, I better go home, get some sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    JW called last night (Monday), first thing out of his mouth, how was the BBQ. Saturday afternoon when talking to him I mentioned that I had bought some pig and planned to do some smoke torture to it.

I did not know if I should go into all the details, a slab of smoked ribs (homemade sauce on the side), cole slaw, lima beans, corn on the cob, tomato and avocado salad, garlic coconut bread, almost lied to him, probably should of. The moans reconfirmed the fact I should have lied, he was in obvious pain, not from any medical procedure, but because his arch nemesis Merle had gotten to enjoy the meal and he had not.

Merle and I were supposed to call him, but we got caught up in the moment. Between us we had 4 beers, 2 each (possibly a record for all time low), neither finished the 2nd, there was a long silence and little movement for a good while after the dishes were removed from the table, finally Merle broke the silence, I better go home, get some sleep.
    That was a long speech for Merle.
    You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon.
    Casablanca-1942

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I talked to him last night, and he sounded pretty good. His colostomy bag was making a mess all over the house that his wife has to clean up, but he's looking forward to telling stories about the whole experience.
    Sounds like he´ll have a lot of shite to share...

John Wayne, one question: how ya goin´to find yer sea-legs without FdC? (It´s fer sure los docs took ya off the rot-gut stuff, fine or the dregs.)

TRN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Having lived w/ the c-bag issue w/ my pops, tell john to find a paperclip to attach to the bottom of the bag, lot of times the fool things don't hold so well.
    Never leave fun, to look for fun