Thread: Mail to Corn Island?

Default Mail to Corn Island?

Can mail be received on Big Corn? What and where? I read a 2005 blog that said no addresses/no mail, however my UPS man said there is delivery of some sort everywhere in the world.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Mail to Corn Island?

Your UPS man has obviously not been to Corn Island.

Actually there is mail delivery here, I sent postcards from Europe and the ones sent here arrived before those sent to the States, keep in mind I sent them from the Vatican, maybe that helped.

We have a "post office", I think I know where it is at.

I would think long and hard about sending anything important.

For receiving mail safer to have a Nica Box in MGA, which has a Miami adress, the mail arrives daily.

For sending mail out you usually find someone to carry it to MGA and mail from the airport post office or carry it to Miami and mail it.

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Your UPS man has obviously not been to Corn Island.

Actually there is mail delivery here, I sent postcards from Europe and the ones sent here arrived before those sent to the States, keep in mind I sent them from the Vatican, maybe that helped.

We have a "post office", I think I know where it is at.

I would think long and hard about sending anything important.

For receiving mail safer to have a Nica Box in MGA, which has a Miami adress, the mail arrives daily.

For sending mail out you usually find someone to carry it to MGA and mail from the airport post office or carry it to Miami and mail it.
    Thank cookshow. Appreciate the quick answer. So then if mail came to someone on Corn Island, it would be retrieved at the post office?

Blog Entries

Yes, you have to know to go get it. I expect I have some there (for the past year or so), one of these days I will figure out exactly where it is at and check.

Like I said I would never consider sending anything important.

Mail service within Nica is actually pretty good (in my experience), but over here there are just too many variables.

Active TRN Member

There is no "Post Office" per se. However, there is supposed to be someone who acts as a "handler" for receiving mail. For a while, it was the farmacia between Tarantula and the bank, then it was the Claro office. There is no mail delivery. Word is put out on the coconut telegraph that you have a piece of mail waiting for you...
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Blog Entries

I expect I have some there (for the past year or so), one of these days I will figure out exactly where it is at and check.
    Now this is the mode that I want to get into! It is called Island Time. Boat soon come.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marlies View Post
    There is no "Post Office" per se. However, there is supposed to be someone who acts as a "handler" for receiving mail. For a while, it was the farmacia between Tarantula and the bank, then it was the Claro office. There is no mail delivery. Word is put out on the coconut telegraph that you have a piece of mail waiting for you...
    I think it has moved 3 or 4 times since I was "expecting" mail. I will get my act together one of these days and go pick up my mail, maybe manana.

Blog Entries

I think it has moved 3 or 4 times since I was "expecting" mail. I will get my act together one of these days and go pick up my mail, maybe manana.
    Can't be Manana, forgot, day before Crab Soup (27th), maybe next week. Got to get my Calabash ready for the soup, million other important things to do. Maybe if I wait long enough someone I know will go by and check the mail for me.

Can't be Manana, forgot, day before Crab Soup (27th), maybe next week. Got to get my Calabash ready for the soup, million other important things to do. Maybe if I wait long enough someone I know will go by and check the mail for me.
    Probably a rock man hoping for another jolt of gringo largesse.
    You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon.
    Casablanca-1942

Yes, you have to know to go get it. I expect I have some there (for the past year or so), one of these days I will figure out exactly where it is at and check.

Like I said I would never consider sending anything important.

Mail service within Nica is actually pretty good (in my experience), but over here there are just too many variables.

Where is the post office now. I may need to have important thing sent to me.

Blog Entries

Good Luck. The office moves every once in awhile, usually someone's house. I gave up on trying to keep up with it, ask around, no doubt few others will have the answer either.

Same advice I gave 4 years ago, "I would never consider sending anything important", especially since you do not know where to pick it up if it does come.

Let us know how it works out.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Well i've seen a lady on moto delivering to ppl here, in fact a neighbor got some books from israel once. Thanks.

Blog Entries

I am not saying it does not happen. I am just saying "I would never consider sending anything important".
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Same ole shit, not magic. Maybe ask the woman delivering mail or the people who have received mail. The woman on the moto is the one bringing electric bills, she never brought me any mail.
    Ernie K Doe