Thread: Country Friends Heading To The City...

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Country Friends Heading To The City...

Life on Quinta Quijote has been going well lately, ducklings are hatching, guavas trees are producing, calala vines have flowers and small fruit, okra are ever abundant, and the beefsteak and green zebra maters seem to have weathered the rainy season just fine. There's always more legal BS, but that seems to be a part of our life in Nicaragua!

Got a call from JW last week, he needs some TLC. Called again this afternoon to make sure, so we'll head up mañana. I know my fella needs meat on his bones, so I made up 3 pepper corn chowder, homestyle chicken soup, ham and string bean soup, and southern-style corn bread for him.

Not sure where we'll find him, at home or in the hospital, but find him we will. Now, how do I tell folks at the hospital that I will kill them and their children if they touch my food....should I need to, I mean....
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Default Re: Country Friends Heading To The City...

Thank you Mellissa and Roger. I am sure John will be glad to see you.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Once we dropped our inverter off to be repaired, I called JW and got some kinda-sorta directions from him. We headed to the area, then stopped at a gas station for further instructions. The owner had just arrived, overheard my question to the clerk, and immediately offered to show me where the hotel was. He jumped in his SUV and led us right to the hotel! What a friendly fella!

JW is thin, but he was in good spirits. I was careful about hugging him too hard, and gave him an extra hug from Marlies. We sat in the lobby and jawed for a few hours, had a real great visit. I even got caught up on some gossip!

We met the woman who runs the hotel and I was happy he's got this connection in Mga. They're friends of the family and she's gonna keep an eye out on him, visit him at the hospital and whatnot. I took JW several pint sized containers of soups to fatten him up, I just hope they make it all the way to the hospital! Surely the hospital won't mind him bringing his own food, surely. Or maybe the lady from the hotel can deliver to him.

In any case, it was good to see him, he's in better shape than I had thought, and he's thinking positive about this week's tests and upcoming surgery.

best wishes to jpjw....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rogers first queston to me was, "You don't eat corn bread do you? Hint, hint, hint, with a sly smile" he said....

Seemes Mil had to guard that real well to keep his cotton pickin paws off of it...

Made with 'em air duck eggs, that and the chicken soup got me started off on an eating binge I had not had; it seems for weeks.

Don't get me wrong I like a lot of the Nica foods but I was not in the mood to chock down more typical meals and what they gifted me with picked me right up out of that slump.....

I ate like a pig till the Dr. said cerfew or cut off time at 10 PM on the food last night to have tests done today...

I enjoyed the visit and food, you have no idea how much it helped my attitude and general well being...

THANK YOU two so much..
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Anytime, JW, anytime! Get yourself well and when you get back home, you can tell the kids that Miss Melissa will send them another cookie package.