Thread: Claro 3G - Billing Question

Blog Entries

Default Claro 3G - Billing Question

In July I went down to our local Claro office to get the 3G service, after a few trips I got it, paid 700 cord I believe, the cost is supposed to be 700 cord a month, figured that was the 1st month. Asked about payment as we have no mail service, no problem they told me, come in between the 20th and 27th to pay, all will be fine, they gave me my acct # and suggested I put it on my cell phone, that way I would have it handy and not have to look up the # every month, that was good advice. I was happy to have internet. I have had service now nearly 3 months and my trip to the office today or tomorrow will mark my 9th attempt to make a payment, "no bill yet, you can't pay" has been the response on the previous 8 attempts.

Everyone I know here that has or has had this service has had billing problems, the local office is certainly not to blame (I don't think) everything they do goes through Managua. They just pull up the acct on the computer and say no balance due.

Anyone have any experience with this?

By the way I am very happy with the service, it is just fine, I have the 256, sometimes a little slow, but after 2 years without anything it is a welcome relief.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Re: Claro 3G - Billing Question

Had the same experience here in Jinotepe. Kept tryin' to pay, but they kept saying "no". I think we started paying about the third month into service. We don't get a bill either, even though I gave them an address right across the street from their office.

Once I forgot to pay and they shut us off. It was super easy to get it reconnected. I just had to call customer service with the payment number on my receipt and they had us hooked back up within half an hour, no late fee.

Our service, 256k, is a bit slow as well. Can't watch YouTube videos without a delay, but other than that, pages load quickly except for large picture files.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

The 2nd or 3rd trip to the office they told me "no worry, when they shut off come pay and we fix", so I have not been overly concerned. The staff is friendly and I pass by the place every trip to "town" so it is no big problem, just been curious as to what is going on. Last visit I gave them joke (funny story) told them I must have got Triplica, they got a good laugh and said maybe, then reminded me to check again next week.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

in three or four months.......bang....a very large bill!

Blog Entries

Awoke yesterday, typical routine, turned on the computer, started the coffee. Came back to the computer and saw a blue light (instead of green) on the "jingle stick". Have had internet since mid july, been to the office nearly a dozen times to pay only to be told there is no bill. Sure enough, cut off.

Yesterday afternoon I scraped up all the cord I had on hand, figuring the bill would be for 3 or 4 months. Went to the office, 700 and some odd cord, one month's charges. Still shaking my head over that.

Anyway now the Jinglestick is blue light all the time (instead of green), something different?
    Ernie K Doe

Active TRN Member

my shutt off date is on the 16th..recived my bill on the 22nd..there billing is even messed up here in managua..