Thread: Giving Back to Your Host Country

Default Giving Back to Your Host Country

Nicaragua is quickly becoming a popular place for expatriates. For those of us that have spent significant time in the country, it’s easy to see why: beautiful landscapes, isolated beaches, cheap living, and of course the friendliest people in Latin America.

I lived outside of Leon for over two years, and of course I absolutely loved it. During my time there, I came to appreciate all the country has to offer. However, I also came to appreciate the contrast between my own life and those I shared it with. I decided that I wanted to give back. In order to do so, I started supporting an incredible school that I had heard about in Nagarote, Leon.

Anyone that lives or has traveled extensively in Nicaragua knows that there is extreme poverty. One of the saddest realities is that many children cannot even attend school because they are unable to afford basic necessities like pencils, notebooks, shoes, and even breakfast. The school that I work with, School of Louise's Dreams, provides a free, Montessori education to these same children. We also work to make sure that the students are provided with all that they need to receive their education, including breakfast and lunch.

We just started a new initiative where people can sponsor the students to make sure they are able to stay in school. Feel free to visit the school if you’re swinging by Nagarote, it’s right next to the mirador on top of the hill. Check out our new website!

alex-in-ESdL..jpg kids-eat-outdoor&#1.jpg
    S73012271..jpg Painting-a-Still-&.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Re: Giving Back to Your Host Country

nice job! keep up the good work.

Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    nice job! keep up the good work.
    Thanks for the support!

Quote Originally Posted by afulleryoung View Post
    Nicaragua is quickly becoming a popular place for expatriates. For those of us that have spent significant time in the country, it’s easy to see why: beautiful landscapes, isolated beaches, cheap living, and of course the friendliest people in Latin America.

I lived outside of Leon for over two years, and of course I absolutely loved it. During my time there, I came to appreciate all the country has to offer. However, I also came to appreciate the contrast between my own life and those I shared it with. I decided that I wanted to give back. In order to do so, I started supporting an incredible school that I had heard about in Nagarote, Leon.

Anyone that lives or has traveled extensively in Nicaragua knows that there is extreme poverty. One of the saddest realities is that many children cannot even attend school because they are unable to afford basic necessities like pencils, notebooks, shoes, and even breakfast. The school that I work with, School of Louise's Dreams, provides a free, Montessori education to these same children. We also work to make sure that the students are provided with all that they need to receive their education, including breakfast and lunch.

We just started a new initiative where people can sponsor the students to make sure they are able to stay in school. Feel free to visit the school if you’re swinging by Nagarote, it’s right next to the mirador on top of the hill. Check out our new website!

alex-in-ESdL..jpg kids-eat-outdoor&#1.jpg
    S73012271..jpg Painting-a-Still-&.jpg
    you did a good job