Thread: Hurricane Coming

Blog Entries

Default Hurricane Coming

Got a phone call this morning, schools been let out, Hurricane coming, the wind had changed last night but when the call came in there was not a cloud in the sky. I went inside pulled up the weather, yes indeed, Tropical Storm Richard was coming, to Honduras.

I went into "town" today to look some food, the boats have been scarce lately because of the wind, still not many groceries, but 3 supply boats at the wharf unloading, maybe things will get back to "normal". Everywhere I went people were talking about the coming weather, I just shook my head.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Member

Default Re: Hurricane Coming

Better batten down the hatches - theres a rum storm a comin
    Never leave fun, to look for fun

Managua/Alamikamba/Walpa Yakalban/Bonanza
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Got a phone call this morning, schools been let out, Hurricane coming, the wind had changed last night but when the call came in there was not a cloud in the sky. I went inside pulled up the weather, yes indeed, Tropical Storm Richard was coming, to Honduras.
    Great! Another opportunity to cancel classes!

The kids here weren´t so lucky. MINED and MECD sent a committee to Alamikamba last week to investigate why the schools here were reportedly providing classes less than 50% of the legal schooldays. I think that the teachers are a little more serious about showing up for work this week!

Aisabe,
    Papatara
    Papatara, S.A. - Semaforos de Montoya 3c al sur y 1/2c abajo, frente ENIMOSA, Managua, Nicaragua
    Hotel Papatara - Alamikamba, Municipio de Prinzapolka, RAAN, Nicaragua

Blog Entries

It looks like it is pretty far north (Tropical Storm Richard). I can see you being gun-shy though.

For the North Alantic... Caribbean Sea and Gulf of Mexico

The National Hurrican Center is issuing advisories on recently downgraded tropical depression Richard... Located inland about 150 miles South of Campeche Mexico

1. A large area of showers and thunderstorms located over the eastern Atlantic is associated with an upper-level low and weak surface low pressure area located about 1010 moles west NW of the Cape Verde Islands. Upper-Level winds could become a little more conducive for development over the next couple of days. There is a low chance... 10 percent... of this system becoming a tropical or subtropical cyclone during the next 48 hours as it moves West NW at 10mph
    Survivor