Thread: Chrsitmas 2010 Plans?

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Chrsitmas 2010 Plans?

So, who's gonna be in country this year? We need to schedule a few get togethers! Merry Christmas, y'all!

"Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Sorry, an 8 month pregnant wife ought not travel, and she won't appreciate me abandoning her at Christmastime.

Blog Entries

Default Re: Chrsitmas 2010 Plans?

Hard to say about Christmas, but I have made my New Years Resolutions, either join the Circus or become a Life Coach.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Sorry, an 8 month pregnant wife ought not travel, and she won't appreciate me abandoning her at Christmastime.
    wow, the time has flew by!

Christmas... hmmm I think I need to get to the beach for Christmas this year. I have been meaning to do a Corona Christmas one year, that is go to a deselate beach, bring a tent, a cooler of Coronas, a strand of Christmas lights and a batter to power them on a palm tree.

Blog Entries

Buddy my house is your house. Come.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Ya mean you not gonna learn kung fu or buy a gun,you sure as hell can grow past 5.6,like meself? .

Ya funny kev.
    I should be able to visit ya in 2011 my friend,maybe you could use a couple of cigar boxes? I'll trade them for a mixed platter of shrimp and lobsters!!

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Hard to say about Christmas, but I have made my New Years Resolutions, either join the Circus or become a Life Coach.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Not for 2010 - But yes for 2011 though..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    You can start your circus career with juggling school at the semaforos de ENEL in Managua, low tuition, and relaxed dress code.
    What is a life coach? I want in on this job as it looks like you get to give people meaningless advice and get paid for it. Does being a life coach give you authority to tell obnoxious tourists to "Get a life"?
    You'll excuse me, gentlemen. Your business is politics, mine is running a saloon.
    Casablanca-1942

Blog Entries

Holy shit, Renco ...I think you are onto something here.......

I can see it now ...."Little Corn Tom's Life Coach Seminar and Holistic Life Improvement Series held Monthly on Little Corn Island Retreat"

Only $1,000 per week per couple for a "Back to Earth Experience" that will "Rejuvenate and Re-invigorate your Life, Your Relationship and Lose 10 pounds per week Guaranteed."

Beets (pun intended) growing vegetables and would be a lot more fun. Don't feed the assholes and they will pay you for it!

I am thinking "Business Plan"!

Maybe target sexually repressed missionaries.... God knows Nicaragua is full of them...Just check into Las Mercedes and look around.

Gotta get into the cash flow stream of "Foreign Aid" and get the congregation to send them over.

Praise Jesus!

Quote Originally Posted by renco View Post
    You can start your circus career with juggling school at the semaforos de ENEL in Managua, low tuition, and relaxed dress code.
    What is a life coach? I want in on this job as it looks like you get to give people meaningless advice and get paid for it. Does being a life coach give you authority to tell obnoxious tourists to "Get a life"?
    Last edited by Little Corn Tom; 11-28-2010 at 10:43 PM.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Meaningless advice, about the only thing I have to give, and man I got plenty.

No kidding people will pay for it, just got to get some kind of grant or something to work out the kinks.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

You too could be the wizened old man discovered at the end of the journey, who shrugs and responds, "Life isn't a bowl of cherries?"

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Re: Christmas 2010 Plans?

Sunday's Christmas party was a hoot! Mother Nature cooperated and gave up blue skies and 80 degree weather. Out of 20 guests, we only had one drunk, which is a pretty good ratio. Gotta admit, I was entertained as she sang "thank you... for lettin' me... be myself... again" as she danced her way out the front gate at the party's end! Here are some pix from the party.

Magnolia, our Catahoula leopard dog, had as much fun as anybody, getting lots of attention from the kids and the honor of official plate-licker for the day.

The new swing frame, made from Black Walnut and Cedar, came out great!

The food was a hit, and the shrimp (from JW) came out perfect with Zatarain's Crab Boil and Old Bay seasonings (from RVG AG and JackMcG). We all get by with a little help from our friends!

I think this is the most crowded our patio area has ever been! If you look close, you can see the duck plucker in the background.

This handsome fella is Bladimir; he was Magnolia's best buddy for the day. He made sure to hug her tight when they left. You could tell he soooo wanted to take her home!

This is Ben, tres frijoles' son. He's half Nicaraguan half American, and wholly cute!!! Josh, I've got this saved as a larger file if you need a copy, just PM me your regular email addy

Never got around to cleaning up the mess, but with Catahoula guard dogs, leaving everything out all night was no problema. I'm so glad my birthday is next month, so we can do this again real soon!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."