Thread: Another day on the Farm

Blog Entries

Default Another day on the Farm

Friday night my big dog went off, knew he had a thief, heard him bolt off the porch, heard a bark at the halfway point then I heard the meeting, man vs dog, the dog has met machetes before and they don't scare him much. I had got out of bed and gone outside, it was worth getting up for. The usual crying you hear when a man is being ate by a dog. I went and got a flashlight, sounded like fun and I hate to miss fun. The flashlight is a LED head lamp, leaving my hands free to carry more party favors to the festivities.

Would not have been so bad except it seems the dog is working on a new way to pester the thief man. He bit the man in his head, neck, and such, a few bites on the legs, who knows what else I did not inspect the mess long, the dog had him down and no intention of letting him up, the man was in the fetal position when I got there.

I felt sad for the poor thief and did not even use my weapons of mass joy, called my dog, went back to the house, but only after taking my share of the catch.

I woke yesterday morning, figuring I was going to have to dig a hole, somehow the thief got away from here, Thank God, digging holes gets old.

My dogs ate very well yesterday (my birthday).

They may win this war, but I will take a battle or 2.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Another day on the Farm

Almost forgot, I am 5'6", no kung fu , and no big guns. Please don't call me a Bubba.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Managua/Alamikamba/Walpa Yakalban/Bonanza
    Blog Entries

I´ve got five dogs now. None of them would dare to lay a hand (ugh make that jaw) on a stranger! Unfortunately, I can´t protect my property here with canines since I built a hotel in the middle of it!

Aisabe,
    Papatara
    Papatara, S.A. - Semaforos de Montoya 3c al sur y 1/2c abajo, frente ENIMOSA, Managua, Nicaragua
    Hotel Papatara - Alamikamba, Municipio de Prinzapolka, RAAN, Nicaragua

Blog Entries

Happy belated birthday!

Sounds like the tide might be turning. Since the thieves pose no physical threat to you, it comes down to who annoys the other more.

Good doggie!

Blog Entries

Get good dogs. They know the difference in friend and foe. Hard to find dogs like this, but they do exist.

This same dog that nearly ate a man was playing with children yesterday and today and there was never a worry. Day and Night, he knows.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Thanks.

Yes the tide is turning, but now I have to be worried about poisoning. The dog takes a real bite out of crime.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Aw crap, you're right. Bastards.

Blood on their hands kicks it up a notch. I know dogs are nothing there, but still.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Thanks.

Yes the tide is turning, but now I have to be worried about poisoning. The dog takes a real bite out of crime.
    One of my friend´s dogs had battery acid thrown in its eyes after the neighbor´s dog entered their property and was killed. The beautiful rotweiler was totally helpless after that!

Aisabe,
    Papatara
    Papatara, S.A. - Semaforos de Montoya 3c al sur y 1/2c abajo, frente ENIMOSA, Managua, Nicaragua

Happy B-Day! May your wish of an international bicycle repair shop come true this year

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Can't do anything about crushed glass in meat, but keep something on hand to make your dog throw up in the event he gets poisoned. Got a vet on the island? They should know the best thing.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Darn, I just watched a show on "things dogs eat" and they said what vets administer to induce vomiting. Can't remember what it was. I liked the dog that puked up forty $20 bills.

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Can't do anything about crushed glass in meat, but keep something on hand to make your dog throw up in the event he gets poisoned. Got a vet on the island? They should know the best thing.
    Don't know about the dog but when ya have a dog apucking...I soon join in...can't stomach it!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Darn, I just watched a show on "things dogs eat" and they said what vets administer to induce vomiting. Can't remember what it was. I liked the dog that puked up forty $20 bills.
    By my calculations, the vet gave the dog eight one-hundreds!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by mupitara View Post
    By my calculations, the vet gave the dog eight one-hundreds!
    Then the dog should have kept one for his banking services.

What happened was, his owner had come home with an envelope of cash he was supposed to deposit, and the dog ate his homework.

A teaspoon or two of hydrogen peroxide (depending on the size of the dog) will make them puke...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Then the dog should have kept one for his banking services.

What happened was, his owner had come home with an envelope of cash he was supposed to deposit, and the dog ate his homework.
    Well, if Mr. Box suddenly starts to puke 20´s, I´d start checking where the tarot yams got pulled up by Rasta Man to see if he wasn´t ¨re-seeding¨ the holes with this week´s laundry!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Richit View Post
    A teaspoon or two of hydrogen peroxide (depending on the size of the dog) will make them puke...
    That's what it was!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    I have tried everything to rid my yard of unwanted and uncared for dogs from crushed light bulb glass in meat, rat poison, red devil lye and small nails.....

What worked the best was a good load of 00 Buckshot..
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Almost forgot, I am 5'6", no kung fu , and no big guns. Please don't call me a Bubba.
    sounds like your doing well for a girlie man that gets upset about a little popcorn munchie , but other than that hang in there and man up.
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/