Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: We are here!

Default Re: We are here!

Good read Jack. Jewels are found in the hearts of the Nicas and your MIL is for sure one.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Is this her??

We know her well..

==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

665.jpg

Ahhhhh.... you have one too! I knew mine wasn't the only good one. Here is mine with 4 of her nietos!!!!!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

I was refering to the Cacau, Pinolillo lady..

The text I have with that pix on my Flickr..

Pinolillo lady. - This lady makes her own Pinolillo and Cocau (Forgive my spelling) powder. We bump into her every trip. She sells her wares at the Masaya tourist market. With my wife, Chilo
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    I was refering to the Cacau, Pinolillo lady..

The text I have with that pix on my Flickr..

Ah no.... the text didn't appear so I thought it was your MIL with your wife. My pic is of my MIL at a graduation I believe 4 of her 20 nietos.

Oh and the cacoa lady is someone different but it would have been quite a surprise had it been the same lady!!!!!!

Had a little bit of a crazy month here. On Feb 5th, in the middle of the night, we had some guy climbing around on the roof of our house. It was the first time we had any trouble at all even though we were living in an area that is known as "la loma el mico" (ugly monkey hill, or something like that). It is not an area normally fond of gringos but we were accepted well there by the people and were always treated with respect. There was always a group of drunks though across the street and that group seemed to be growing in size since we got there. It was one of these new drunks who ended up on our roof.
    I ran outside to the street to look up on the roof and by that time the guy was back on the neighbors roof and slid down the utility pole like a professional gaffer! I didn't say a word to him nor to my neighbor (another drunk) who came out of the house and started chastising the guy for crossing over to my roof. Again, I hadn't said anything, so it was obvious that the neighbor already knew that the guy was on our roof on his own and so must have sent him as part of a plan to rob us.
    We went back to bed but didn't sleep and the next day I called the woman who rented us the house and told her what happened and informed her we were breaking the contract and heading to a hotel. We filed a police report with the landlady and supposedly it is being worked on.
    The hotel (Hotel Real Granada) is actually more of an apartment than a hotel room. There are 2 floors with a full kitchen and living room downstairs and a loft bedroom and bath on the upper floor. It has AC, and the price includes electric, water, cable and internet. There is also a very small pool and a jacuzzi. I am paying $500 for a month. It is located on Guzman street in Granada 3 blocks south of the Grand Francia restaurant. The neighborhood is called "Barrio Maldito" and it has a bad reputation but we have been here a month and there has been no problems. We have 1 more month till we head north for the beach season at Ocean City Maryland. Can't wait till next November to come back again.

Blog Entries

The past few days I have meant to drop you a line, been awhile since we have heard from mr Yak.

You know how this stuff happens, sucks, but it is a fact of life here.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123