Thread: Merry Christmas.

Blog Entries

Default Merry Christmas.

Electric was out for 16 hours, came on an hour, then out again, and has been out 6 hours and counting. Happy Holidays.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Default Re: Merry Christmas.

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Electric was out for 16 hours, came on an hour, then out again, and has been out 6 hours and counting. Happy Holidays.
    Ah come on Cookshow; it's Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! Unless you are in Hawaii and then it is Mele Kalikimaka.

I would have bought a generator long time ago, There's a company called tecnosol that offers green energy, check it out

http://tecnosolsa.com.ni/

And Happy Holidays
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

A luxury, remember living like a Nica? Really only have the fridge to worry about. Fuel is $5 gallon, when you sleep people will like to take your generator. Sounds good on paper, unfortunately I don't live on paper.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Managua/Alamikamba/Walpa Yakalban/Bonanza
    Blog Entries

I remember a few years ago when Alamikamba had its own generator but no money for diesel. One of Kuka´s granddaughters came to visit us for a few weeks. The first night I walked into the little wooden house and noticed a brand new candle lit up in each room (3) plus one in the kitchen. I realized immediately that the granddaughter had taken it upon herself to light up the entire house for us.

When the opportunity came a few minutes later, I simple explained to her that our practice in Alamikamba was to buy thirty candles each month in Rosita (4 hours bus ride away) to cover our lighting needs. The granddaughter asked, ¨What do you do during the months that have 31 days?¨ ¨We do without for one night!¨ I replied. She seemed worried after that!

Another granddaughter once asked me, ¨What do you do when the candle burns out at night?¨ ¨I keep sleeping,¨ I replied.

We´ve had 24 hour electricity from the national energy grid in Alamikamba for a full year now. I sure miss seeing the Milky Way like I used to!

Aisabe,
    Papatara
    Papatara, S.A. - Semaforos de Montoya 3c al sur y 1/2c abajo, frente ENIMOSA, Managua, Nicaragua
    Hotel Papatara - Alamikamba, Municipio de Prinzapolka, RAAN, Nicaragua

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

A luxury, remember living like a Nica? Really only have the fridge to worry about. Fuel is $5 gallon, when you sleep people will like to take your generator. Sounds good on paper, unfortunately I don't live on paper.
    Oh my God you made me laugh like hell.....Sounds good on paper, unfortunately I don't live on paper.[/QUOTE]

To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Don't get me wrong, I do love it here. Light just came back, and the first song that the radio is playing is Jingle Bell Rock.

Can't beat it with a stick.
    Ernie K Doe

I guess I've been living in the first world too long
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

Light just went back out, dark is coming. Going to cook something and dream nice thoughts about cold drinks.

First World, and Dr D calls me a Girly Man (please bring me something, anything, when you come).
    Ernie K Doe

electric was out for 16 hours, came on an hour, then out again, and has been out 6 hours and counting. Happy holidays.
    to all:merry christmas

Sounds good on paper, unfortunately I don't live on paper.

Best quote ever!!!!!!

Isn't there a thread on here somewhere for great quotes? I remember one from a teacher in Managua who said something like...."Don't panic, until you have to".....
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Merry Christmas to everyone hear.
    i have been a part of this sight far a couple of years. i really like the people hear and i really really enjoy reading your ideas and just some general comments.
    it seems like for the most part everyone gets along and has something good to say almost 100% of the time. the other Nicaragua sight seems to argue most of the time. well at least when i was reading their.

anyway i come hear every single day and read weather i post something or not.

thier is always something good to read.

some is for knowledge and some is just funny. i mean really funny. my wife is always asking what i am laughing at.

you can really see your personallities at times which is a good thing. some make me laugh, some teach me allot and some piss me off and this is good thing too.

anyway Merry Christmas and please give me someting to read jajajajajaj
    my little girl

What Vern Said