Thread: Murder - most foul

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Murder - most foul

Murder is rare up here.

There is typically 3 to 5 murders per year in our region of approximately 600,000 and they are typically solved quickly and are the result of a dastardly deed of one known party upon another party known to them..

On New years eve, just 11 min before the clock rung in the new year, myself and Chilo were at David's and his with his wife of almost 12 yrs, Vanessa, reveling in the gathering of about 40 people...

About 1.5 km away her (older) Uncle of 60 yrs and his son in his late 20's were making a quick run to the Son's house to also revel in the new year, just off of the "Iron Horse trail". If you recall my photos of the Gazebo in Victoria park and the associated area a month or so back, that trail is close to there and I walk it regularly.

Well on thats evening, at that time, on this trail, an altercation took place. Within steps of the Son's back gate.

The Uncle of Vanessa is now in a Morgue awaiting an autopsy and his son is back in the hospital for internal bleeding from the beating he received after the throat slashing. David told me that another 1/4 inch his jugular would be slashed and he would be there beside him. He managed to call 911 with his last conscious moments after the perps ran off. Police, Fire EMS were all on scene with 3.5 min I am told, but the elder was stabbed in the heart and was probably dead before he hit the ground, so there was nothing that could be done. The son was stitched up and was released on the morning of the 1st, he had to be readmitted for assumed internal bleeding for the beating.

Now I never met the man or his son to my knowledge so I can say I feel any particular loss or distinct sadness, other than for Vanessa's loss.

The wheels of the Police and Justice system will now unfold.. The WRPS ( Waterloo Region Police Service) has a very good record and in the end, according to the statistics, will find the 2 - 20ish yr old causation, hoodied punks that did this.. From listening on the 2 way the past 2 days the WRPS sound as professional as ever but it is peculiar not to have the same detached observer (listener) perspective I had before.

Why did I type this post?? ... Well I am not really sure..

Maybe I typed this post as a contrast to 3F's post on this same day of the other poor sole that was beaten and shot to death in Managua.

When I know why I typed this I will let you know.. Or any status updates as they occur..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Default Re: Murder - most foul

The Mounties always get their man.

Down here in Florida's murder capital, the fish wrap was celebrating today that 2010 only had 99 murders, down from previous years.

I agree with these statements from the article
    Michael Hallett, chairman of the Department of Criminology and Criminal Justice at the University of North Florida, said poor economic conditions have traditionally been accompanied by declines in crime, including during the Great Depression. Less available money today means less money flowing in the drug markets, resulting in less war among drug dealers and less retaliation. People, he said, become more cautious when they have less.

[Sheriff] Rutherford discounts that perspective. "Crime is not an issue of economics," he said. "It is an issue of values."

sorry to hear of the murder....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

You gotta have your eyes wide open and be on the look out. I might be wrong, but I've noticed the kids are a lot more violent than ever before and I think it has to do with this Hip Hop Thug culture.
    Dios es Amor!

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Murder is rare up here.

Probably to help you make some sense of it! Something like this is a shock to your system whether you knew the people well or not. It is difficult to believe that someone can so terribly invade and violate our personal lives with such horror.
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

‘Twas a most unusual invitation to celebrate New Years this year with the Jones boys at the Elk’s Club.

Now this is an event in our area and one must buy tickets for this celebration some time in advance; to which I had not. We usually stay at home and away from the crazies at this time of the year. But Pascale thought it would be fun, so we accepted the invitation if tickets could be arranged.

Now the Jones boys are four of my nephews, all in the very late thirties and early forties and range in height from 6’7” down to a humble 6’3” and have a reputation. Not bad protection for an old has been of a man.

Steven and Craig showed up at the house with a bootleggers ticket to this shindig. No official printing on this ticket…just Admit Two. Craig is a HS baseball coach who took his AAA team to State and won the honors. Now the most of ya know how a baseball coach looks, slender with a gleam of the eye and most capable of starting or ending trouble, which is a fitting description for the whole of the group.

We start to prime with a nice couple of draws on my FDC. I decline to accept a ride in a limo and they are off to make ready for an appearance at the site.

I’m truly amazed that everything is going okay until 11:55 and then the commotion starts in our corner of the joint, and true to cowboy ways when ya pack 300 of ‘em in a corral, their was a fight! The exit door opened and outside it went, both boys and girls in a slug-fest!

I had to see if any of mine were involved?

Fortunately none my own were the participants in this latest gladiator spectacle while one member of one of our tables got hit and hit someone a few times. No one seriously bloodied, most especially me, so the New Year came in normally, with a few scrapes and bloody lips and nice smiles…..no murder!

I shoulda know t’wernt mine; everyone knows ya don’t mess with the Jones boys.

Active TRN Member

Murder is rare up here.

There is typically 3 to 5 murders per year in our region of approximately 600,000 and they are typically solved quickly and are the result of a dastardly deed of one known party upon another party known to them..

On New years eve, just 11 min before the clock rung in the new year, myself and Chilo were at David's and his with his wife of almost 12 yrs, Vanessa, reveling in the gathering of about 40 people...

About 1.5 km away her (older) Uncle of 60 yrs and his son in his late 20's were making a quick run to the Son's house to also revel in the new year, just off of the "Iron Horse trail". If you recall my photos of the Gazebo in Victoria park and the associated area a month or so back, that trail is close to there and I walk it regularly.

Well on thats evening, at that time, on this trail, an altercation took place. Within steps of the Son's back gate.

The Uncle of Vanessa is now in a Morgue awaiting an autopsy and his son is back in the hospital for internal bleeding from the beating he received after the throat slashing. David told me that another 1/4 inch his jugular would be slashed and he would be there beside him. He managed to call 911 with his last conscious moments after the perps ran off. Police, Fire EMS were all on scene with 3.5 min I am told, but the elder was stabbed in the heart and was probably dead before he hit the ground, so there was nothing that could be done. The son was stitched up and was released on the morning of the 1st, he had to be readmitted for assumed internal bleeding for the beating.

Now I never met the man or his son to my knowledge so I can say I feel any particular loss or distinct sadness, other than for Vanessa's loss.

The wheels of the Police and Justice system will now unfold.. The WRPS ( Waterloo Region Police Service) has a very good record and in the end, according to the statistics, will find the 2 - 20ish yr old causation, hoodied punks that did this.. From listening on the 2 way the past 2 days the WRPS sound as professional as ever but it is peculiar not to have the same detached observer (listener) perspective I had before.

Maybe I typed this post as a contrast to 3F's post on this same day of the other poor sole that was beaten and shot to death in Managua.

When I know why I typed this I will let you know.. Or any status updates as they occur..
    What was the motive? Were they robbed?

Pretty shocking, especially for Kitchener-Waterloo.

Well, the person that was brutally knocked off in front of my sister in laws house was probably not much of a poor soul, more like another gang member.

Quote Originally Posted by tresfrijoles View Post
    Well, the person that was brutally knocked off in front of my sister in laws house was probably not much of a poor soul, more like another gang member.
    Just look at the stats from Juarez. The new generation has little respect for life. Maybe it is the action films with the flow of blood that excites them and perpetuates the frenzy. Who knows, sad, but it is very real.

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    You gotta have your eyes wide open and be on the look out. I might be wrong, but I've noticed the kids are a lot more violent than ever before and I think it has to do with this Hip Hop Thug culture.
    In La Prensa a few days ago, their was an article that was talking about the murder of young people-I guess gang related- going from 22 in 2008, to 50 in 2009, to 70 in 2010. Since this country is run by a lawless gangster, this should come as no surprise.

Quote Originally Posted by howard cox View Post
    In La Prensa a few days ago, their was an article that was talking about the murder of young people-I guess gang related- going from 22 in 2008, to 50 in 2009, to 70 in 2010. Since this country is run by a lawless gangster, this should come as no surprise.
    I wasn't talking about Nicaland, I was reffering to the USA. And Yes! Nicargua is run by THUGS
    Dios es Amor!

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Today at noon he was laid to rest.

At around 3PM a 16 y/o and an 18 y/o were arrested and remanded in custody.

The F!ing 18y/o was 17 at the time so they will be both subject to the YOA.. Damn..

http://www.570news.com/news/local/ar...tchener-murder
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Active TRN Member

Today at noon he was laid to rest.

At around 3PM a 16 y/o and an 18 y/o were arrested and remanded in custody.

The F!ing 18y/o was 17 at the time so they will be both subject to the YOA.. Damn..

http://www.570news.com/news/local/ar...tchener-murder
    YOA is Canadian for Youth Offender Act. At least they go to jail and end up in supervised custody for a few months.

As much as I whine about the Nicaraguan justice system, I know of a 15-year-old here who committed murder and got 8 years in jail. For lessor offenses though they are set free.

Somewhere as a society we have gone wrong in the thinking that because someone has not reached a certain age, any acts of criminal intentions are excusable by underage offenders.

Recently it came to light that a 14 year old was attributed to the beheading of some of the headless corpses in Mexico. I don't know for sure how old Billy the Kid was when he started to kill, nor do I know how old David was when he killed the giant, but to say 'oh, he's just a kid' is no excuse for society waving swift and just punishment.

The cartels, and local pushers use the law to their benefit, using under age mules or assassins, whichever, to conduct their business. A 5,6 or 7 year old can be as deadly as an 18 year old. Granted, the 18 year old has a life of more experience, but whose to say that he didn't mature from the 8 year old when his life of crime embarked upon the neighborhood?

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Somewhere as a society we have gone wrong in the thinking that because someone has not reached a certain age, any acts of criminal intentions are excusable by underage offenders.

Recently it came to light that a 14 year old was attributed to the beheading of some of the headless corpses in Mexico. I don't know for sure how old Billy the Kid was when he started to kill, nor do I know how old David was when he killed the giant, but to say 'oh, he's just a kid' is no excuse for society waving swift and just punishment.

The cartels, and local pushers use the law to their benefit, using under age mules or assassins, whichever, to conduct their business. A 5,6 or 7 year old can be as deadly as an 18 year old. Granted, the 18 year old has a life of more experience, but whose to say that he didn't mature from the 8 year old when his life of crime embarked upon the neighborhood?
    i hate to come across as a flaming liberal, but.... the pre-frontal cortex does not finish forming til about 20

so, in texas i lean toward not allowing the death penalty until they are an adult. eom.
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Well judge, you said it. I personally don't care if the brain is developed or not...cease the growth. Why would you want to wait around to see if their is improvement in the mind of a killer? Can you illustrate one example of the improvement within society for waiting and/or excusing such behavior due to age?

I'm not smart, but am willing to spend due time in the examinations of studies that give creditably to this position.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

This has been a completely interesting thread people how ever horrible the topic and I agree with both Bill and DSB it angers me to my guts and pulls at my heart strings that someone because of being young and causing an adult problem is treated like something special. as Bill and DSB said in a round about way, F*ck 'em

DDT you have too much education.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    This has been a completely interesting thread people how ever horrible the topic and I agree with both Bill and DSB it angers me to my guts and pulls at my heart strings that someone because of being young and causing an adult problem is treated like something special. as Bill and DSB said in a round about way, F*ck 'em

Nothing wrong with an education, but it doesn’t replace common sense. I have always believed that some people are just Evil, don’t know how or why they got that way but just the same they cannot be reformed and should never be permitted to rejoin society. We have seen examples in our country of mothers and fathers killing their children, in other countries of peoples limbs and eyes being destroyed, I don’t care if it is a religious nut or drug lord, they are evil in my mind just the same.
    In my opinion we must have laws that allow a judge discretion but at the same time hold the judge accountable should he/she violate that trust we have given them.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    Nothing wrong with an education, but it doesn’t replace common sense. I have always believed that some people are just Evil, don’t know how or why they got that way but just the same they cannot be reformed and should never be permitted to rejoin society. We have seen examples in our country of mothers and fathers killing their children, in other countries of peoples limbs and eyes being destroyed, I don’t care if it is a religious nut or drug lord, they are evil in my mind just the same.
    In my opinion we must have laws that allow a judge discretion but at the same time hold the judge accountable should he/she violate that trust we have given them.
    Well said Mr. Dan......
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Ditto!!! Walh, noon is too damned late! Hang 'em before breakfast and save a coin or two!

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    that is why judges should always be elected, accountable to the people....

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    my dear liberal mama would be proud of that statement... being a retired (and departed) college professor...