Thread: What does this mean?

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default What does this mean?

I posted land for sale on the web and got this response the other day. I can't make heads or tails of this...can somebody tell me what this fella is trying to say?

"se fue muy alto si se baja le puedo hacer un tiro"

When I try to translate it online I get "it went very high if himself low I can do him a shot" and that obviously doesn't mean anything. Sheesh.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Blog Entries

Default Re: What does this mean?

Ahh yes, Babble, even in Spanish I can understand this one.

"I will happily buy the property offered if you can finance it with no down payment."
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

They think the price is too high... if you lower it... they will take a shot at making you an offer!

That's what I get out of it. Even my wife says that they wrote it in a weird way. Either way, it doesn't sound like a good prospect for you, kiddo.
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

Blog Entries

I don't think anyone in Nicaragua can compose a clearly worded and grammatically correct sentence.

'Course, that's true of Americans with English too.

Thanks y'all, I sure was confused. Thanks for the advice, Jack, we've got a large sugar mill operation measuring the land and taking soil samples now, so y'all cross your fingers, por favor.

Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    They think the price is too high... if you lower it... they will take a shot at making you an offer!
    That's exactly correct! High prices scare everybody off
    Dios es Amor!

buena surte!

(did i get that right?)
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    That's exactly correct! High prices scare everybody off
    I've actually seen it where a piece of property would sit and not sell, but in lieu of a price reduction, an increase in price brought about an immediate sale.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    I've actually seen it where a piece of property would sit and not sell, but in lieu of a price reduction, an increase in price brought about an immediate sale.
    But did the buyer pay the old price or the new price? I can see the strategy working if someone says, "Hey, if they would have accepted $10k last week, they'll accept it today."

That guy on Pawn Stars does a variation on that. When a haggling customer is unrealistically high, he starts lowering his counter offer. Try that with Nica property - just make any offer and see what happens.

There's a sucker born every minute. I worked in sales and we called those palomitas blancas(white doves) some people never ask for a discount
    Dios es Amor!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    But did the buyer pay the old price or the new price? I can see the strategy working if someone says, "Hey, if they would have accepted $10k last week, they'll accept it today."

That guy on Pawn Stars does a variation on that. When a haggling customer is unrealistically high, he starts lowering his counter offer. Try that with Nica property - just make any offer and see what happens.
    With real estate, many will wait to see a reduction price, however, when the old price is marked through and a new price at a higher rate is revealed, makes 'em think, what has happened and if not acted on soon, it may go up again in price.

I have sold lots of things in my life and when I get a haggler and go up per statement rather than down, you can't imagine how well I have done. Always sold for the stated amount rather than a lower price.

I have sold lots of things in my life and when I get a haggler and go up per statement rather than down, you can't imagine how well I have done. Always sold for the stated amount rather than a lower price.
    We call that in the sales world Holding Your Guns
    Dios es Amor!

Doesn't palomitas mean popcorn???

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post

paloma is the pigeon or dove, so we would be speaking fondly of little white doves, no?

Don't count on me being correct. I'm the only one that understands my perfect Spanish.

Replying again to me own stupidity, when I enter this is Alta Vista, paloma is a dove, but when I enter palomitas.........= popcorn.

I have come to the very rare conclusion that nobody knows nothing.........and that's the way it is folks.........write your own ticket to success.
    Last edited by robertharvey; 01-17-2011 at 08:13 PM. Reason: spelling

Yes! But is a slang, The correct way to say pop corn is= rosetas de maiz
    Last edited by El Greco; 01-17-2011 at 08:56 PM. Reason: spelling
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

So popcorn is icing on the cake

I posted land for sale on the web and got this response the other day. I can't make heads or tails of this...can somebody tell me what this fella is trying to say?

"se fue muy alto si se baja le puedo hacer un tiro"

When I try to translate it online I get "it went very high if himself low I can do him a shot" and that obviously doesn't mean anything. Sheesh.
    "It went very high if it was less than how high I can throw."

Does that work? The cupola on that barn is so high you couldn't even throw a football at it.

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Yes! But is a slang, The correct way to say pop corn is= rosetas de maiz
    Give a try, ask for "rosetas" and you'll get a "perdone señor, como dijo?"
    Btw, avoid an embarrasing situation, never ask for palomitas without adding "de maiz".
    "Today is a good day for an airstrike"

Blog

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Rozetas de maiz?? lmfao, is that what they call it in Cuba??? popcorn traslates to palomitas de maiz, just ABOUT anywhere in latin America. 99.9% of Nicaraguans won't understand WTF you're trying to say with rozetas de maiz!!

BTW hun, the traslations goes like this: You went too high(price wise) if you bring it down a bit,I can make you an offer(offers, business wise means A Tiro) haceme un tiro = Make me an offer(not a shot ).

Quote Originally Posted by gaudali View Post
    Give a try, ask for "rosetas" and you'll get a "perdone señor, como dijo?"
    Btw, avoid an embarrasing situation, never ask for palomitas without adding "de maiz".