Thread: My basturd Voice

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default My basturd Voice

I have never had to use it very often but once in a great while with crew members, family and friends when the occasion arised that was in my opinion called for.

I had to use it today on my youngest daughter Cindi.

I had taken a nap because I often work very late in the night and the wee hours of the morning on my writings when the house is totally quite and a fan blowing on me to keep the Zanqudoes (Mosquitoes) off of me and was tired after breakfast.

Now I am living alone with my four children Gerold 16 John Jr. 13 Xena 12 and the youngest of my brood of 6 will turn 9 in just a few days.the mother has gone to Belize to seek work and if the good Lord willing will make a new life for herself. I have nothing against her, she did not abandon us or me when I took sick last year.

So I get my towel and some clean shorts to put on and go down stairs for a mid day shower. and seeing Cindy in the corner I asked the older ones why she is in the corner.

Dad said Gerold, Cindi left this house to go play with her friends and never told anyone where she was going. Uuu that is one thing that will piss me off. So I agreed with the rest for Cindi to spend an hour in the corner for her transgression.

So in the shower I hear Cindi crying. children laughing and giggling fills my heart with joy in their pleasure. But to hear crying cuts into my heart like a red hot knife on my heart strings.

And when I got out I investigated the problem. Cindi in the corner had taken the battery out of Xena's cell phone, and didn't want to give it back. Xena did not hit her but had snatched her battery away.

So my voice did rise against Cindi. I told her, you by now know the right road and the wrong road and God has given you and the rest a good body and mind and you are NOT stupid. do you want I should put the belt on your hinny?

No Sir was the reply

Well straighten up and fly right...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Re: My basturd Voice

When they were growing up, I spanked my son dozens of times.....
    I spanked my daughter but once.....
    I couldn't stand the heartache of it!!!!!
    They're both great adults today!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

The Devil's voice usually rings well. I miss seeing your youngin's and especially Cindi. She is so cute and delicate. I'm sure that you will not have to repeat a voice in anger anymore.

Blog Entries

It wasn't in anger it was in love for her I did it to try and put her in a frame of mind on the right path in life..

And yes Yak it hurts if it does come to that and I cry inside and outside with huggs to the serious offender and explain why I took those measures.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

John! Sometimes is okay to punish with a little force if they get out of line, the worst thing you can do to a child is permit She or Him to have total freedom and roam like free mustangs..If it wasn't for My Mother, I would've gotten into a LOT of more trouble in my youth..tough love is good
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

Sometimes it hurts to do the right thing. That's how you know it's right. The easy way out is usually also the wrong way.

Blog Entries

I had no problem spanking my son.......but spanking my granddaughter is impossible.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Yep that duty, heart ache, and need, is for another s hands.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Now I am living alone with my four children . . . the mother has gone to Belize to seek work and if the good Lord willing will make a new life for herself. I have nothing against her, she did not abandon us or me when I took sick last year.

That's tough, Cap't John. To be without your woman. You've been together for many years. You being near-death recently must have caused her to rethink her life, what would she do without you, with the kids? Your recovery, it seems, gave her a chance to act. Something that took a lot of courage. And even more courage on your part to let her go. Here's hoping God will keep y'all in each other's heart.

Blog Entries

Yea it is true I love her, but I am not going to Chain her nor put her in a cage.

My children are taking care of me and the house and I am a happy Camper

And Thank God and Greyhound, She's Gone....

Carretera Masaya km 10.5, approx 2 k al Sur
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post

Well straighten up and fly right...
    nice!

that was the one my mother used on me ..."you know the difference between right and wrong, so straighten up and fly right!"

the rest was/is on me!
    Doors of hope fly open when doors of promise shut. -Thomas D'Arcy McGee

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Excellent selection on the Joot Box DSB

And I certainly ain't crying in my beer over it.

and Webtrainer, Are you from the South as well?