Thread: Racoons

Default Racoons

I met these critters in El Realejo, Chinandega, Nicaragua. They are super tame and affectionate.

Conocí a estos animalitos en El Realejo, Chinandega, Nicaragua. Son bien mansitos y cariñosos.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Racoons

Future road kills and if anyone get 'em fresh before I do happy eating..

Nice post Aaron
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Those around here are not that tame and are larger. I've found that they will eat about $10.00 of cat food a week, even though one has it in a safe container.

I couldn't help but to recall going to an ice cream and watermelon party at a friends ranch cabin. I was driving down this dirt road and a baby coon was standing there, so I jumped out of my car and took off after this little bity coon.

God this chase was on as I was rapidly closing the distance between me and this squealing baby coon. He ran up a fencepost and was crying and looking at me, as I was pondering a safe manner in which to retrieve my prize without getting eaten, when he bailed off of that post toward me and the chase was on in the other direction with a 2 pound coon in hot pursuit of the fat man.

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Those around here are not that tame and are larger. I've found that they will eat about $10.00 of cat food a week, even though one has it in a safe container.

I couldn't help but to recall going to an ice cream and watermelon party at a friends ranch cabin. I was driving down this dirt road and a baby coon was standing there, so I jumped out of my car and took off after this little bity coon.

God this chase was on as I was rapidly closing the distance between me and this squealing baby coon. He ran up a fencepost and was crying and looking at me, as I was pondering a safe manner in which to retrieve my prize without getting eaten, when he bailed off of that post toward me and the chase was on in the other direction with a 2 pound coon in hot pursuit of the fat man.
    Wish it could have been on tape
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Active TRN Member

they raise hell up on the farm..they love eggs..baby chicks,,they will eat everyting..when i lived up in the states had 1 get in my garage..got up on the ceiling and started walking out the water pipes..yep..flooded garage..they can be real mean..there not good pets..when they get older

019.jpg

this little fellow and his family come and visit us about every night. they play on the porch. sometimes i even leave a little food out for them.
    my little girl

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post

Oh God, my sister had a coon for a pet and the rascal went up a tree in the yard and Stoned to shit I was, she asked me to go get him.

I was 9 feet tall and bullet proof at the time.

So I like the ass that I am went up the tree to fetch the critter.

Really I didn't know him much nor did he of me. And when I got close the basturd he snarled and went on me like white on rice.

Damn we fought falling thru the air and busted on the ground and fought some more till my sister got him off of me, he had my ass kicked.

We had to break out the Iodine and cotton balls later to dob it on my scratches and bites.

Better they in a cook pot than in a tree....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

[/B][/QUOTE]

When I lived at Pelican Eyes, they had a Raccoon who spent most of his time in his hammock. When he wasn’t enjoying the hammock he was doing his other job, chicken population control, which he did quite well, no one ever said chickens were smart.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    [/B]
    When I lived at Pelican Eyes, they had a Raccoon who spent most of his time in his hammock. When he wasn’t enjoying the hammock he was doing his other job, chicken population control, which he did quite well, no one ever said chickens were smart.[/QUOTE]

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Little beggers up here can open the lid of a BBQ and steal left over chops.

We even had one episode where the cooler was left out and in the morning there was the ham, lettuce, tortillas and salsa scattered across the deck.. I guess wraps are in now and sandwiches old school
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Hey you crowdm put 'em in the cookpot where they belong.