Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Best Pizza en León

Default Best Pizza en León

Pizza León

I hate to exaggerate but I ate the best pizza in León, Nicaragua last night and the night before. You probably won't believe where I bought it at. It's in Central Park, right next to the church. It's called Pizza León. Not much on looks but the goods are good! You can get a slice for C$15 ($0.75) or a whole pizza for C$180 ($9) - the specialty pizza like the one in the picture. A ham or pepperoni and cheese goes for C$150. Nightlife and entertainment in Nicaragua is close by.

Sin miras a exagerar, me lanzé la mejor pizza en León, Nicaragua anoche y ante anoche. Quizá no vayas a creer dónde me la comí...en el Parque Central, al lado de la iglesia. Se llama Pizza León. Quizá no tenga el mejor ambiance pero la pizzá está fuera de órbito! Un pedazo ("un eslay" como dicen en Nicaragua) cuesta C$15 ($0.75). Una pizza entera (especial como la de la foto) cuesta C$180 ($9). Si solo pedís jamón o peperoni, cuesta C$150. Entretenimiento y diversion están cerca....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrg1q2u24rk

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Default Re: Best Pizza en León

Quote Originally Posted by AarontheGreat View Post
    Pizza León

I hate to exaggerate but I ate the best pizza in León, Nicaragua last night and the night before. You probably won't believe where I bought it at. It's in Central Park, right next to the church. It's called Pizza León. Not much on looks but the goods are good! You can get a slice for C$15 ($0.75) or a whole pizza for C$180 ($9) - the specialty pizza like the one in the picture. A ham or pepperoni and cheese goes for C$150. Nightlife and entertainment in Nicaragua is close by.

Sin miras a exagerar, me lanzé la mejor pizza en León, Nicaragua anoche y ante anoche. Quizá no vayas a creer dónde me la comí...en el Parque Central, al lado de la iglesia. Se llama Pizza León. Quizá no tenga el mejor ambiance pero la pizzá está fuera de órbito! Un pedazo ("un eslay" como dicen en Nicaragua) cuesta C$15 ($0.75). Una pizza entera (especial como la de la foto) cuesta C$180 ($9). Si solo pedís jamón o peperoni, cuesta C$150. Entretenimiento y diversion están cerca....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zrg1q2u24rk
    I’ve always wanted an “excuse” to return to Leon, now I have it
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Looks Good! But the crust needs to cook a little more.... is there a deep dish Pizza restaurant in Nicaland, that is not pizza hut??
    Dios es Amor!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Was the beer COLD to go with it?

Man I love those two together.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Looks Good! But the crust needs to cook a little more.... is there a deep dish Pizza restaurant in Nicaland, that is not pizza hut??
    From the above I would have suspected that you would prefer thin crust until you mentioned deep dish and then I went whaccko! Ya nevah find deep dish in Roma.

Blog Entries

Yea but ya find in MGA at Pizza Hut of all places a darn good one too, with Cheddar rolled up in the outer crust of it, and three more cheeses on the inards, Hot Damn I love it....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

JJW - cold beer goes with anything man.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pickled toe View Post
    Ain't that the truth, I just now got up from the table with my children for a take out meal of roasted pork over the carbon from a frieton, and when I sat down and opened the Styrofoam plate and looked at it I said to myself, this calls for a coupla COLD ones.

I gave Xena 40 cords and said, Go next door and brine me two would ya?

OH Man iit all went down good. Normally I am a Rum drinker, but those two beers with the pork, gillio pinto, cabbage salad and tortillias made my evening.

Sounds good. I am just about the throw a sirloin tip in the oven. Some strategically placed garlic along with some hot mustard smeared on top to give it some flavour. Some mashed potatoes and then wash it down with a nice Argentine red. Wish me luck. The last time i tried this i turned a nice piece of meat into a rubber ball. I know i can't screw up the wine though!

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

I draw the line at Ice Cream...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

that's the lion from the movie, madagascar?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Sounds good. I am just about the throw a sirloin tip in the oven. Some strategically placed garlic along with some hot mustard smeared on top to give it some flavour. Some mashed potatoes and then wash it down with a nice Argentine red. Wish me luck. The last time i tried this i turned a nice piece of meat into a rubber ball. I know i can't screw up the wine though!
    The only way you can screw up a steak is to cook it well done. I suggest cooking it medium rare. Marinated with a little vinegar so it breaksdown the connective tissue. Thus resulting in a tender and juicy steak
    Dios es Amor!

No Steak. It's a roast. They have a new offering here where they cut the roast to 1lb, and it is difficult to cook a 1lb roast. it's in the oven now, i will let you know. i am trying for medium rare. should be 30 minutes?
    This has now become a cooking thread.

Blog Entries

Don't worry about it, we are used to a bit of jumping around.

Perhaps Catahula Fan will come on here or later with advise to do it.

The woman with the Hog Dogs.

I am confused. She has hot dogs? I would actually go for a hot dog right now. A lot less bullshit than the roast, and not near as much clean up. by the way, i am on my second bottle of the "Argentine"

Blog Entries

Now there is semantics... Beer WITH icecream No.. Beer that IS ice cream.. YES...

Blog Entries

I am confused. She has hot dogs? I would actually go for a hot dog right now. A lot less bullshit than the roast, and not near as much clean up. by the way, i am on my second bottle of the "Argentine"
    Um no.. Show up unannounced and her hot dogs might rip you a new sphincter or two.. He is referring to the guard dogs..

Blog Entries

No Mr. PickleToe.

She loves and has 3 or 4 Catahulas that have been bred for being Hog Dogs in the Southern USA, and they can be basturds for anything when worked with, from a thief to an unruly animal no matter the size of it.

With my dogs I use the keyword, "Get "EM" and they seem to know that I want more than just barking, altho mine are not special breeds. when you got three or four in a pack no matter the size they get a bit man-ish.

She was also a Professional Caterer in the US.

BTW DSB I just acquired 2 daughters of Tonkey and although young have promise.

Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried you were referring to her "hot" dogs. Just joking! The roast I just cooked was as tough as boiled dog. And by the way, I have had roast dog, and apparently I liked it. Was on one of my trips to China and no one told me what it was until afterward. I was told that I ate 3 or 4 helpings. Actually didn't upset me but i wouldn't order it purposefully.

Blog Entries

Thanks for clearing that up. I was worried you were referring to her "hot" dogs. Just joking! The roast I just cooked was as tough as boiled dog. And by the way, I have had roast dog, and apparently I liked it. Was on one of my trips to China and no one told me what it was until afterward. I was told that I ate 3 or 4 helpings. Actually didn't upset me but i wouldn't order it purposefully.

.. you make me laugh on that one. I too have eaten a lot of different things as as long as it is not stinky rotten and later made me sick I would do it again when hungry.

I used to travel to China frequently in the early 90's when it was still full on communist - starting to try to change to a fusion capitalist/communist society. The bureaucratic system was so bizarre that we sometimes had 2 banquets in one evening. The banquets were incredible with 20+ courses. It was their way of taking advantage of the system. They weren't making money but they sure as hell could eat and drink well for that evening. I could tell stories for hours (and I do!) about some of the strange food and the going on, but i can say it was was the best food i have eve eaten. Although some was strange, the best was incredible. I very rarely asked what it was.

Koreans also eat dogs! Better hide lassie if an Asian moves right next door folks. LMAO
    Dios es Amor!

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Koreans also eat dogs! Better hide lassie if an Asian moves right next door folks. LMAO
    I know what you mean, I lived next door to a Chinese family in Maryland and had a “close” relationship with the grandmother of the house. She spoke Chinese to me every evening when I came home from work and I spoke English right back. Seemed to work for both of us but I still counted my dogs every night.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    I know what you mean, I lived next door to a Chinese family in Maryland and had a “close” relationship with the grandmother of the house. She spoke Chinese to me every evening when I came home from work and I spoke English right back. Seemed to work for both of us but I still counted my dogs every night.
    Dios es Amor!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast