Thread: March Farmer's Market in SJDS

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default March Farmer's Market in SJDS

Sat, March 5th from 10 to 12 at Big Wave Dave's restaurant in San Juan del Sur. See y'all there!

Roger will have his newest product sale, Brain Food. We like to call it the fountain of youth, capsules of powdered velvet beans which are a source of L-dopa. Once the brain turns this into dopamine, human growth hormones are produced. This product is for anti-aging, impotence, hair growth and the treatment of Parkinson's.

I've been playing in the kitchen all morning...

This month's products are:

Spring Onion Soup 65 cords
    Duck Sausage (sage n' onion) 100 cords
    Boursin Cheese 100 cords
    Southern style corn bread 50 cords
    Choc covered PB banana cakes 35 cords
    Bread N' Butter pickles 50 cords
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Default Re: March Farmer's Market in SJDS

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Sat, March 5th from 10 to 12 at Big Wave Dave's restaurant in San Juan del Sur. See y'all there!

Roger will have his newest product sale, Brain Food. We like to call it the fountain of youth, capsules of powdered velvet beans which are a source of L-dopa. Once the brain turns this into dopamine, human growth hormones are produced. This product is for anti-aging, impotence, hair growth and the treatment of Parkinson's.

I've been playing in the kitchen all morning...

All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Sorry DD, this pill won't make you rich or powerful...but it's guaranteed to make your weenie work and, to some Latinas, that may be enough!

The most attractive thing about this bean is the fact that it WILL make you younger.

These beans provide the chemicals that your brain produces to keep you young. As we age, dopamine levels decrease. This pill will increase dopamine levels by introducing L-Dopa into the brain. The brain takes this chemical and turns it into dopamine...a d*mn fine thing to have in your system!

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Sorry DD, this pill won't make you rich or powerful...but it's guaranteed to make your weenie work and, to some Latinas, that may be enough!

The most attractive thing about this bean is the fact that it WILL make you younger.

These beans provide the chemicals that your brain produces to keep you young. As we age, dopamine levels decrease. This pill will increase dopamine levels by introducing L-Dopa into the brain. The brain takes this chemical and turns it into dopamine...a d*mn fine thing to have in your system!
    i like the idea! i was coming up with a marketing scheme to help! and it was a question, therefore no liability......
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Hi ... planning to move to SJDS and wanted to know if the Farmer's Market is still up and running. Sounds like some interesting items available. Can you give more info? Thanks!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

OK this incredible "Bean"...

Does it grow on a tree?

Is it when mature, is it about 18 inches long and a little bit bigger around that a hoe handle?

When it is busted open at maturity has the seed pod wrapped in a Dark Brown Greasy substance that has the flavor of chocolate? The goo inside had an ammonia aroma that turned me off, but I went ahead and tasted it anyway.. It was NICE to say the least and sweet and chocolaty. The Indians here make a chocolate milk fresco of it.

Reason I asked is one friend showed one of these pods to me and telling me that the trees themselves are rapid growth, no root stumps to to protrude the ground around it, and are the finest kind of thing for fencing purposes...

Thoughts of Cookshoe and his invisible Fence came to mind....

My friend gave me some seeds and called the tree CAROU...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Hi ... planning to move to SJDS and wanted to know if the Farmer's Market is still up and running. Sounds like some interesting items available. Can you give more info? Thanks!
    Yup, the Farmer's Market is still going strong. It's held every Sat from about 9ish to noonish. Roger and I only attend the first Sat of every month.

JW, the velvet bean grows on a vine. Sounds very different from the plant you are talking about. Not sure I'm familiar with the one you mention?

Blog Entries

OK I see now, What you are talking about they call a fertilizer plant here...

It is grown to a point and then turned back into the soil to build the strength of it.

I am talking about a tree, I will do some investigatoring into it as I am able to...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    OK this incredible "Bean"...

Does it grow on a tree?

Is it when mature, is it about 18 inches long and a little bit bigger around that a hoe handle?

When it is busted open at maturity has the seed pod wrapped in a Dark Brown Greasy substance that has the flavor of chocolate? The goo inside had an ammonia aroma that turned me off, but I went ahead and tasted it anyway.. It was NICE to say the least and sweet and chocolaty. The Indians here make a chocolate milk fresco of it.

Reason I asked is one friend showed one of these pods to me and telling me that the trees themselves are rapid growth, no root stumps to to protrude the ground around it, and are the finest kind of thing for fencing purposes...

Thoughts of Cookshoe and his invisible Fence came to mind....

My friend gave me some seeds and called the tree CAROU...

JW I bet that is Carob, it is sold a chocolate type ingredient for candy, etc. Suppose to be a good animal feed. I figured it grew here just never seen any. The trees are suppose to be fast growing, I was looking some at one time, no luck.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    JW I bet that is Carob, it is sold a chocolate type ingredient for candy, etc. Suppose to be a good animal feed. I figured it grew here just never seen any. The trees are suppose to be fast growing, I was looking some at one time, no luck.
    I got ya covered on a hand full of seeds.... I will send ASAP...