Results 1 to 25 of 25

Thread: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

  1. #1

    Default 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Something you can only find in a museum, a parade, or in Nicaragua.
    Yes you too can be the owner of this original 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine.
    All original and still runs.
    Brakes and clutch will need to be replaced.
    Asking price is an incredible $3000 USD OBO.
    Contact Bruce with inquires at:
    bruce_night@hotmail.com


  2. #2
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea Dawg
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Damn!

    Nice set of wheels.

    Wonder what that one will sell for over here

  3. #3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Damn!

    Nice set of wheels.

    Wonder what that one will sell for over here
    wonder no longer.

    The answer is $3000 USD.

    Yes I know it crazy cheap.

    It could be an lawn decoration for that price.

  4. #4

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Damn!

    Nice set of wheels.

    Wonder what that one will sell for over here
    My question exactly!

    btw, how did you come by the name, El Cid?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  5. #5

  6. #6
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea Dawg
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    My question exactly!

    btw, how did you come by the name, El Cid?
    From a cartoon. Better than C64 I think.

  7. #7
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Welcome El Cid.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  8. #8

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    From a cartoon. Better than C64 I think.
    we here knew of a man on this site by the name of el cid.... well that was our nickname for him. he called himself el doc.... are you that 6 fingered man?
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  9. #9
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    we here knew of a man on this site by the name of el cid.... well that was our nickname for him. he called himself el doc.... are you that 6 fingered man?
    DDT I don't think so, he hasn't started in yet, give him a chance...

    You Know El Doc was an OueBama plant to disrupt our little family?

    Talk about conspiracies....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  10. #10

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    DDT I don't think so, he hasn't started in yet, give him a chance...

    You Know El Doc was an OueBama plant to disrupt our little family?

    Talk about conspiracies....
    <LI class=g>The Princess Bride (1987) - Memorable quotes

    I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya.
    You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  11. #11
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    6,785
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    From a cartoon. Better than C64 I think.
    Commodore 64?

    Some of our gaggle have a little over the 50 lb baggage limit

    What brings you to TRN? (Other than hawking fire engines) .. or as they say in show biz.. "tell us your likes and dislikes and such"
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  12. #12
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    <LI class=g>The Princess Bride (1987) - Memorable quotes

    I will go up to the six-fingered man and say, "Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya.
    You killed my father. Prepare to die."
    DDT I can't think past the last spraying I did on these Devilish Ants in the house with BAYGON, and you are wanting me to back in my mind to 1987?
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  13. #13
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Commodore 64?

    Some of our gaggle have a little over the 50 lb baggage limit

    What brings you to TRN? (Other than hawking fire engines) .. or as they say in show biz.. "tell us your likes and dislikes and such"
    AGREED...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  14. #14

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    DDT I can't think past the last spraying I did on these Devilish Ants in the house with BAYGON, and you are wanting me to back in my mind to 1987?
    no, i don't want you to go back in your mind to 1987, i want you to spew coffee all over your computer.... or BAYGON, dealer's choice!
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  15. #15
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Hey DDT, unlike you, I don't smoke, eat, or drink BAYGON but I do partake of a bit of spirits we refer to FDC and water.

    I do have to purify the water here, and it has come to be a bit of a habit. Just a splash is all that is needed on my liquid intake and the world gets brighter...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  16. #16
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea Dawg
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Hi there JW and thanks. It's one of my first posts here - not so long ago since I signed up here


    Dr D, I'm not El doc nor do I have six fingers . I haven't gotten any further on my counting than five every time and I have tried both my arms and feet

  17. #17
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea Dawg
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Commodore 64?

    Some of our gaggle have a little over the 50 lb baggage limit

    What brings you to TRN? (Other than hawking fire engines) .. or as they say in show biz.. "tell us your likes and dislikes and such"
    Hi there.

    Yup, Commodore 64 it is.

    Actually what brought me here is/was boredom. Didn't have anything to do and started googling a bit about south- and central america. Ended up stumbling over this site. Was a bit curious how the expat life was in other countries. Have done 2 years in Thailand and 10 in Sweden (and still here).

    I guess I'll be hanging around here for a time, so more about me will surely come fourth one way or another

  18. #18
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Hi there.

    Yup, Commodore 64 it is.

    Actually what brought me here is/was boredom. Didn't have anything to do and started googling a bit about south- and central america. Ended up stumbling over this site. Was a bit curious how the expat life was in other countries. Have done 2 years in Thailand and 10 in Sweden (and still here).

    I guess I'll be hanging around here for a time, so more about me will surely come fourth one way or another
    Well you are more than welcome....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  19. #19
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Ended up stumbling over this site...
    You didn't bruise a knee didja? 'Cause el Doc ain't here to prescribe the two aspirins.

  20. #20
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea Dawg
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Well you are more than welcome....

    Thanks JW.

    By the way, how is it going with your book?

    Still got pains in my side after laughing too much after reading your posts .

    regards

  21. #21
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Corn Island - Western Massachusetts
    Posts
    665

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Welcome... I have the only stash of Kalles Kaviar on the Atlantic Coast :-)
    (but kancke doesn't keep well)

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Hi there.

    Yup, Commodore 64 it is.

    Actually what brought me here is/was boredom. Didn't have anything to do and started googling a bit about south- and central america. Ended up stumbling over this site. Was a bit curious how the expat life was in other countries. Have done 2 years in Thailand and 10 in Sweden (and still here).

    I guess I'll be hanging around here for a time, so more about me will surely come fourth one way or another
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

  22. #22
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea Dawg
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    You didn't bruise a knee didja? 'Cause el Doc ain't here to prescribe the two aspirins.

    Nahhhh... No bruised knees here

  23. #23
    Active TRN Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sea Dawg
    Posts
    232
    Blog Entries
    1

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by marlies View Post
    Welcome... I have the only stash of Kalles Kaviar on the Atlantic Coast :-)
    (but kancke doesn't keep well)
    Hi there Marlies

    It does keep very well as long as the container isn't broken.

  24. #24
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Thanks JW.

    By the way, how is it going with your book?

    Still got pains in my side after laughing too much after reading your posts .

    regards
    Heysus Christy, it must not take mch to get ya going....

    I am going to E-Book it on my own with KINDLE, piss on a bunch of hollow promises that are only looking an up front piece of money, I would rather gamble on myself...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  25. #25
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: 1938 Pirsch Antique Fire Engine

    Originally Posted by marlies
    Welcome... I have the only stash of Kalles Kaviar on the Atlantic Coast :-)
    (but kancke doesn't keep well)

    At first I thought you was talking about KEVLAR bullet proof vests and helmets, then I got my reading glasses out.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



Similar Threads

  1. Light my Fire
    By cookshow in forum Homesteading in Nicaragua
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 02-11-2011, 06:34 AM
  2. New/Antique Street signage in SJDS?
    By tresfrijoles in forum Nicaragua Scrapbook
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-30-2009, 06:29 PM
  3. Bluefields: Fire
    By tresfrijoles in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-31-2008, 08:47 PM
  4. Play with Fire and....
    By cookshow in forum Blog: Cookshow
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-20-2007, 04:29 PM
  5. Taca Flight - Engine Fire
    By tresfrijoles in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 03-08-2007, 08:10 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!