Thread: My youngest talks in her sleep

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default My youngest talks in her sleep

Sitting here working on a blasted computer which has become a BIG part of my life in these day's as I am no longer able to get my hands dirty.

1 AM Local and I hear her mumbling about something that perhaps happened in her day, she is 9.

I try to listen and figure out what she is saying, but it is just mumbling. Sometimes I question her, but I don't push the issue.

The fruit don't fall far from the tree, my first wife Blast her soul, used to question me during my bout with it, and would smack me if I answered out of the blue with my craziness in the night.

Not having the mental capacity at the time to be rational or in reality, making suggestive questions in her jealousy. and of what? I was the one that was true, NOT she.

Thank God and Pontiac she's gone out of my life.
    Last edited by Just Plain John Wayne; 03-10-2011 at 02:27 AM.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Default Re: My youngest talks in her sleep

I've talked in my sleep, Is usually caused by dreams you're having
    Dios es Amor!

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

I would not worry about it, my brother talked in his sleep and he turned out o.k., not great mind you but o.k.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    I would not worry about it, my brother talked in his sleep and he turned out o.k., not great mind you but o.k.
    Hey Dan I don't care how she turns out, a whore, or a CEO, I would love her anyway she is my blood.

But she needs to learn to make her own bed and lay in it.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Don't let her learn the Nica way to make a bed, i.e. fold the top sheet in a neat rectangle, put it under the pillow. That's got to be the most obsessive/compulsive thing I've ever seen. Double the amount of work it should be - fold it up in the morning, unfold it in the evening.

Spread the sheet out, do hospital corners if that floats your boat, then when it's bed time you just pull it back and jump in.

The other thing that drives me NUTS is buttoning the buttons on the shirts when you hang them in the closet or put them in the drawer. I just want to rip at them and make the buttons fly across the room. I'm a busy man. Don't make me set the alarm five minutes earlier just to undo your busywork. I button the top button for hangers so the shirt doesn't slide off, but that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Hey Dan I don't care how she turns out, a whore, or a CEO, I would love her anyway she is my blood.

But she needs to learn to make her own bed and lay in it.
    You know I am just kidding about my brother, he is one hell of a man, father, grandfather. Like many siblings we had our differences but we all share the same core values. I have no doubt about you and your daughter or sons, you will do your best and in the end you will always be family.

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    I've talked in my sleep, Is usually caused by dreams you're having
    last nite i kicked in my sleep bc some ocelots were trying to bite me....

i only remembered it bc my wife woke me to ask me what i was doing.....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post

All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Are you sure it was some “ocelots"

Let me tell ya! Ocelots have some powerful jaws, i've seen them eat chicken bones like crackers
    Dios es Amor!

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

A big cat scratches, but a little pussy never hurt anyone...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    A big cat scratches, but a little pussy never hurt anyone...
    I believe they're theraputic
    Dios es Amor!

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Question Re: My youngest talks in her sleep

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Don't let her learn the Nica way to make a bed, i.e. fold the top sheet in a neat rectangle, put it under the pillow. That's got to be the most obsessive/compulsive thing I've ever seen. Double the amount of work it should be - fold it up in the morning, unfold it in the evening. . . .
    At least you know you're not being short-sheeted! Seems like I've read on one of the forums that it's done so you know there aren't any creepy-crawly things in your bed when you crawl in at night! Someone else suggested for the same reason to always shake out your shoes in the morning!

Maybe someone can also enlighten me. When I was in Jinotega and Las Pilas, it didn't matter who did the laundry, it always came back inside-out! Was that just because I was a gringo or is there a logic I miss (like perhaps again to be certain that there are no creepy-crawly things in your underwear when you dress??)??
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dixietraveller View Post
    At least you know you're not being short-sheeted! Seems like I've read on one of the forums that it's done so you know there aren't any creepy-crawly things in your bed when you crawl in at night! Someone else suggested for the same reason to always shake out your shoes in the morning!

Maybe someone can also enlighten me. When I was in Jinotega and Las Pilas, it didn't matter who did the laundry, it always came back inside-out! Was that just because I was a gringo or is there a logic I miss (like perhaps again to be certain that there are no creepy-crawly things in your underwear when you dress??)??
    Might be so when they dry the clothes on the line, bird poop doesn't stain the visible part of the clothing.

Laundry in Nicaragua is done by hand on the lavanderos, is a custom of the empleadas(maids) to turn it inside out so you're beautiful clothes are not ruined
    Dios es Amor!

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Yep. That's done to preserve the surface and color on the outer side. By washing it inside out, the inside will take the beating and thus preserve the shirt longer.

I know after I've got my a$$ kicked a couple of times by my gf when I did the laundry

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Laundry in Nicaragua is done by hand on the lavanderos, is a custom of the empleadas(maids) to turn it inside out so you're beautiful clothes are not ruined
    That I understand, but do they have to prove to me that they washed the clothes correctly (inside out) instead of returning them right side out? But if it's cheaper to return them still inside out, I'm all for it!
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

Blog Entries

I am going to be honest about it here Boy's and Girls, I don't worry or care about it, I am neither a close horse nor a nit picking person....

When I do a load of wash I throw it all in there, and if I got DOWNY in the room, I use that, if not it goes without. But I do put the ASSY, the detergent and a taste of Cloro.

I even run it threw a couple of times to be sure. The children hang it out to be sanitized from the ultra Violet rays of the sun and done....

As my mother said, if it don't say wash and wear....

Don't buy it.

Now to deal with the Bugs and scorpions and what not, get ya about a dozen chickens to run around the yard and that with the Geekos will cure that.

Now we come to the God Blasted Ants meat or sugar coated with Boric Acid will take care of that little milestone.

But next the RATS they are basturds, poison is the best mixed with food but the only problem is whether you use RACUMIN or cement mixed with wheat flour the basturds die and stink in hellish places to get to.

End Of Rant

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I am going to be honest about it here Boy's and Girls, I don't worry or care about it, I am neither a close horse nor a nit picking person....

When I do a load of wash I throw it all in there, and if I got DOWNY in the room, I use that, if not it goes without. But I do put the ASSY, the detergent and a taste of Cloro.

I even run it threw a couple of times to be sure. The children hang it out to be sanitized from the ultra Violet rays of the sun and done....

As my mother said, if it don't say wash and wear....

Don't buy it.

Now to deal with the Bugs and scorpions and what not, get ya about a dozen chickens to run around the yard and that with the Geekos will cure that.

Now we come to the God Blasted Ants meat or sugar coated with Boric Acid will take care of that little milestone.

But next the RATS they are basturds, poison is the best mixed with food but the only problem is whether you use RACUMIN or cement mixed with wheat flour the basturds die and stink in hellish places to get to.

End Of Rant
    Reminds me of a farm story, we had rat terriers who were much better than poison as that can be a problem with the wrong animals eating it. Anyway, never seen a prouder dog than a rat terrier with his catch

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    Reminds me of a farm story, we had rat terriers who were much better than poison as that can be a problem with the wrong animals eating it. Anyway, never seen a prouder dog than a rat terrier with his catch
    Oh Dan you got it, We getting back to the basics of life now...