Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 45

Thread: Another good reason to study spanish!

  1. #1
    Fightin Irish JackMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jinotepe, Carazo.... Nicaragua & OCMD
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Another good reason to study spanish!

    http://www.aarp.org/health/condition...ID=14846698545

    I realize it's already too late for some on TRN!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

  2. #2

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    http://www.aarp.org/health/condition...ID=14846698545

    I realize it's already too late for some on TRN!
    aarp, according to owe'bama, was instrumental in passing owe'bama death panels, errr, uhmmm, otherwise known as owe'bama care...
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  3. #3
    Viejo del Foro El Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami,Kendall
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Newt Gingrich thinks learning different languages is a waste of time
    Dios es Amor!

  4. #4

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Newt Gingrich thinks learning different languages is a waste of time
    objection, no coffee alert!

    i plan to learn espanol in my retirement.... miles to go...
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  5. #5

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Newt Gingrich thinks learning different languages is a waste of time
    Of course, I understand the importance of learning another language and concur with this assessment.

    Oh, by the way, zero doesn't speak a second language, so this goes forward to prove that he is dumber than initially though!

  6. #6
    Fightin Irish JackMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jinotepe, Carazo.... Nicaragua & OCMD
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Do you guys really have to turn every thread into a political commentary? This is starting to suck!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

  7. #7

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Do you guys really have to turn every thread into a political commentary?
    Welcome to my world
    Won't you come on in
    Miracles I guess
    Still happen now and then
    Step into my heart
    Leave your cares behind
    Welcome to my world
    Built with you in mind
    Knock and the door will open
    Seek and you will find
    Ask and you'll be given
    The key to this world of mine
    I'll be waiting here
    With my arms unfurled
    Waiting just for you
    Welcome to my world

    Knock and the door will open
    Seek and you will find
    Ask and you'll be given
    The key to this world of mine
    I'll be waiting here
    With my arms unfurled
    Waiting just for you
    Welcome to my world
    Waiting just for you
    Welcome to my world
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  8. #8

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Do you guys really have to turn every thread into a political commentary? This is starting to suck!
    Sorry about that Jack.

    You are right, however; a statement or observation deserves a response....in most cases. God love that freedom of speech part of our Constitution, but even without it, anyone with moxie will speak their mind.

  9. #9

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    aarp, according to owe'bama, was instrumental in passing owe'bama death panels, errr, uhmmm, otherwise known as owe'bama care...
    http://www.amac.us/
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  10. #10

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    objection, no coffee alert!

    i plan to learn espanol in my retirement.... miles to go...
    YAK, i did say i plan to learn espanol in my old age. give my mind something to do. otherwise, i am sorry i get violently ill when someone brings up aarp....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  11. #11
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,718
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    I totally agree that learning another language is good for the brain, but I felt that the AARP politicized it a bit by making the issue one of multiculturalism. The article had political overtones that were clear to me having studied the history of Political Correctness and the agenda-filled attempts by many to force socio-political change thru cultural influences.

  12. #12
    House SOB Little Corn Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    9,344
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Jack, I am in total agreement with you on this. I am sick of it. No thought, just cut and paste rhetoric no matter what the subject.


    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Do you guys really have to turn every thread into a political commentary? This is starting to suck!
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

  13. #13
    Fightin Irish JackMcG's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Jinotepe, Carazo.... Nicaragua & OCMD
    Posts
    1,940

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I totally agree that learning another language is good for the brain, but I felt that the AARP politicized it a bit by making the issue one of multiculturalism. The article had political overtones that were clear to me having studied the history of Political Correctness and the agenda-filled attempts by many to force socio-political change thru cultural influences.
    I re-read the article after reading your comment and I see nothing of that! Maybe your seeing what you want to see or maybe I view things to superficially? I simply read an article about how studying an additonal language could possibly help detain the onset of dementia.
    But I think it's time for me to take a powder again and sit on the sidelines. Reading TRN no longer makes my day better. And that's all I am really looking for! Cya!
    "If you ain't bleeding, you ain't working!"

  14. #14
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    5,286
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    This is starting to suck!

    Sometimes sucking is good... This bites
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  15. #15
    Viejo del Foro El Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami,Kendall
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    objection, no coffee alert!

    i plan to learn espanol in my retirement.... miles to go...
    With a pretty Senorita as a teacher
    Dios es Amor!

  16. #16
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by JackMcG View Post
    Do you guys really have to turn every thread into a political commentary? This is starting to suck!
    Yak and LCT, chill out, be cool, face piles of trials with smiles....

    The cut and pastes are only an extension of ones feelings.

    For example if I see one starting I don't care for, I just go on, it costs nothing but just a click or a roll of the dial on the mouse...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  17. #17

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    I agree wih Jack!

  18. #18
    Viejo del Foro El Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami,Kendall
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Yak and LCT, chill out, be cool, face piles of trials with smiles....

    The cut and pastes are only an extension of ones feelings.

    For example if I see one starting I don't care for, I just go on, it costs nothing but just a click or a roll of the dial on the mouse...
    you gotta make it funny and exciting, That's why TRN is the Shit
    Dios es Amor!

  19. #19

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    you gotta make it funny and exciting, That's why TRN is the Shit
    Wouldn't life be a bore if we all agreed?

  20. #20
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    you gotta make it funny and exciting, That's why TRN is the Shit
    A little typo there?

    Liver and onion's and gravy with smashed potatoes Today, I put ya name in the pot.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  21. #21
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    15,718
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Wouldn't life be a bore if we all agreed?
    No, dammit!

  22. #22
    Viejo del Foro El Greco's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Miami,Kendall
    Posts
    2,326

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Cheers to all My TRN Family
    Dios es Amor!

  23. #23

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    Wouldn't life be a bore if we all agreed?
    i agree with dsb! please consider his posts the same as mine... well except for my cut and pastes..... those are all mine.... well mine and the author.... well except for when i disagree with the author... but just posting for keeping my post count up .... and except for posting to upset the liberals on this site..... like.... well you know who you are....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  24. #24

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    Cheers to all My TRN Family
    exactly, nobody fights like family.... now where are the lyrics for, "we are family, i got all my sisters with me...."
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

  25. #25
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,263
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Another good reason to study spanish!

    Now you DO NOT want to mess with my Sister in law, no sir ree not in any shape form or fashion. she can be a basturd in the first degree and I love her for it...

    NO FEAR WHATSOEVER.


    Ripped the shirt off a Nicaraguan Female Police Officer to leave the tits hanging in the breeze and the officer was ARMED
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Looks like a good place to practice your spanish!
    By JackMcG in forum Español del día
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 03-04-2010, 03:30 PM
  2. How to get your kids to study
    By tresfrijoles in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-13-2009, 12:06 PM
  3. Winemakers aim to study microloans
    By Little Corn Tom in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-03-2007, 08:43 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!