Thread: Tarpon Fishing on Rio San Juan

Blog Entries

Default Tarpon Fishing on Rio San Juan

A major TV Show to be broadcast soon all over the world upon Tarpon Fishing on Rio San Juan Nicaragua

From the 16th till the 21st of March 2011 we had the pleasure to host a Tv Show named Fishing with Marica
    a Major Fishing program broadcast on WFN ( World Fishing Network http://www.worldfishingnetwork.com/ ) and otherTravel/Fishing/Discovery Channel

This Production is the result of a colaboration between my Company San Carlos Sport Fishing, La Esquina Del Lago , BID ( Banco Interamericano de Desarolo ) and INTUR ( Instituto National de Turismo de Nicaragua ), Ruta del Agua.

All went well... As usual we had very serious Good Tarpon fishing and fun..
    According to rules now efectives on river fishing has strictly been CATCH & RELEASE.
    We provided to the journalist and Filming crew exactly the same dedicated service than we do with all guests, all year round..
    A special thanks to Jeanette and Gloria from intur who has been very seriously and profesionally involved.

I like to make public the comments of Mr Graig Fleming Producer of the show ( I got this email to day )

Thank You!!!

I meant to email you yesterday, but was rushed from meeting to meeting...
    WOW!!!, what an experience, the river, the families in their dug out canoes, we caught fish, we got suntanned(burned), a little rain to keep it real - and guaranteed a great episode for Season 4.
    Speaking on behalf of the crew, we had a blast!!!
    Personally, I had always wanted to go to Nicaragua, and this was an amazing way to see something special.
    Phillipe is a great tourist operator - the lodges were dreamlike.
    Jannette and Gloria were awesome - They even got up early to watch us shoot, you know - the glamor of 4am was not lost on them - tee hee!
    We won't be editing for a couple of months, and the show will broadcast later this year - Nov-Feb is when the next season debuts...
    Once it has aired, we'll send you a dvd....

Thank You for everything, the invite, the hook ups, the locations, and everything else.
    See the photos, I'm the tall guy in the group shot!!!
    Please forward this Jannette - I don't think I have her email address.

Again, Thank You Sharon...

Craig Fleming
    Producer
    "Hookin' Up with Mariko Izumi"

SAN CARLOS SPORT FISHING LA ESQUINA DEL LAGO
    PROGRAM 2011-2012 RIO SAN JUAN

ALL YEAR ROUND
    We receive all year round groups from 1 till 12 Anglers fishing the first 50 miles of Rio San Juan as we did with the WFN Team...We fish for Tarpon 90lb-200lb plus, There is no peak season fishing is good at all time witch at my knowledge is Unique in the world

NOTE SPECIAL TRIPS 2011 From Mid august till Mid October
    During a two months period we also will organise some Special Adventures Trips as we started to do last year
    Fishing will start on the usual first 50 miles of River then we will go down till the Caribean sea...120 miles of Fishing Adventures going through National Park ... and Impressive natural beauty of San Juan River... We then will also fish the mouth of River and at sea..This is the only time of the year when sea is flat....also the moment when there are Thousands and thousands of hungry tarpon at mouth of river in NICARAGUA WATERS... They are skinier than our Up river Giants but so many and Active

For information Upon my Jungle River Trips You are welcome to E mail me

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Default Re: Tarpon Fishing on Rio San Juan

They should do a hunting sharks in Lake Nicaragua
    Dios es Amor!

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    They should do a hunting sharks in Lake Nicaragua
    I had heard that the lakes were so polluted that the sharks were no more?
    Anyone know of any shark contact recently?

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I ain't put on my mask and fins for years DSB

And LCT the third from the bottom right is Twain ain't it? he did the river thing.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Yes Twain did the river thing....I think he went from California to SJDS, then across the lake to the river ...then caught a steamer to NYC. He did not mention tarpon fishing though.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

No but I will, I made the trip both ways, ALL THE WAY in other words twice and Tarpon rolling the water nearly big as a man, and plenty... I wasn't interested in the fish at the time just the experience of the trip....

I am a saltwater fish eater, you have to soak 'em fresh water fish in brine over night to have 'em come out fit to eat.....

Plus the Game Warden had shot and hogtied or captured in some manner two or three of 'em Iguanas in his boat when he checked us for fishing licenses, We wasn't fishing but stuck on a Blasted rock over night to be eaten by those jungle bugs....
    Last edited by Just Plain John Wayne; 03-24-2011 at 08:12 AM.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I did the river trip both ways a few years ago. What an amazing trip. At that time there were still sharks in the biosphere but I was told that they were catching them and cutting off thier fins and throwing them back to die. Seems the fins were worth a lot of money on either the Chinese or Japanese market. The enviornmentalist said it was really taking a toll on the shark population at that time. I'll keep an eye out for the show, I hope I get it on my dish networks.
    It's all part of the adventure!!