Thread: Corinto Seafood Fest

Default Corinto Seafood Fest

I spoke with Domingo today and he reminded me that the Annual Seafood Gastronomic fair of Corinto was coming up. I do not know the details except for the fact that it is apparently on Saturday, April 30th through Sunday, May 1st. His hotel is just 10 minutes away and has very reasonable rates, but it fills up quick, so make your reservations quick.

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Re: Corinto Seafood Fest

Has anyone on here ever been to this festival? I'm curious as to how the seafod is prepared, is it lots of soups and ceviches, or are some fancy dishes included as well? How many vendors, anybody got pix?
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Our Everlasting Love ! doming00's Avatar

I was there at last year's festival and it was full of people. The area of the festval is near the old train station next to the central park of Corinto. Tents are set up everywhere and you can pick and choose whatever you want to eat. They have all different kinds of ceviche, sea food soups, There is even paella (Spanish dish) of rice and seafood. You will even see stuff like seafood in cookies, pies and so forth. There is also of course beer tents were they serve lots of beer and FDC, live music, shows, arts and crafts and so forth. Alot of Nicas from abroad such as from Miami show up for this event as well as foriegners. The seafood festival is set for Saturday and Sunday April 30th to May 1st which is the last two days of semana santa.

As for accomadations, I have a 21 room hotel with reasonable rates in Chinandega which is a short drive away from Corinto. There is a new hotel near Paso Caballos which is close to Corinto but it is much more expensive accomodato¿ions. If interested come check out our website at www.hotelcosiguina.net Come on down and see both Chinandega and participate in the seafood festival in Corinto.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dom I have never seen one, NOT one, of your posts I have not liked.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

And that goes for a few of you other Knuckleheads as well...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Our Everlasting Love ! doming00's Avatar

This post is a correction to my last post. The festival is set for next weekend Sat and Sun April 30th and May 1st. Great place to come down with family to walk the central area of Corinto and taste all of the seafood dishes available. For you beer and rum drinkers there will be plenty of tents selling it throughout the festival with live music, arts and crafts and so forth. Lots of foriegners show up for this event. This is not just a local event.

For accomodations, I have a 21 room hotel in Chinandega which is a short drive from Corinto. To any TRN member you will get a 10% discount on the already low rate that we offer to include a free breakfast. If you want more info on the hotel you can visit our website at www.hotelcosiguina.net Make no more excuses and get your asses over here !!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doming00 View Post
    This post is a correction to my last post. The festival is set for next weekend Sat and Sun April 30th and May 1st. Great place to come down with family to walk the central area of Corinto and taste all of the seafood dishes available. For you beer and rum drinkers there will be plenty of tents selling it throughout the festival with live music, arts and crafts and so forth. Lots of foriegners show up for this event. This is not just a local event.

For accomodations, I have a 21 room hotel in Chinandega which is a short drive from Corinto. To any TRN member you will get a 10% discount on the already low rate that we offer to include a free breakfast. If you want more info on the hotel you can visit our website at www.hotelcosiguina.net Make no more excuses and get your asses over here !!
    Uuu Wee wouldn't I like to join in.

But time doesn't permit me to join right now.

But I will be there with you in spirit Brother......