Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Spirit On line check in poll

  1. #1
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    6,785
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Spirit On line check in poll

    It is refreshing to get an email from an airline that has such a clear question.

    I also like the tong and cheek last choice...

    Spirit email question ...

    1.* In our efforts to lower fares, customers have asked us if they can save by checking in online. After consideration, we wanted to ask your preference. Is your preference:

    A) I prefer only to use web check-in and lower my fare. This is similar to certain government processing initiatives that allow one channel for submission but retain efficiency.

    B) I don't mind paying higher fares by checking in online while subsidizing others who check in at the airport.

    C) I prefer to pay less for checking in online and let customers who check in at the airport pay for the convenience.

    D) I would rather just raise the federal debt ceiling and have taxpayers subsidize me for being lazy and not checking in online.


    I chose C) .

    I found D) funny.

    If anyone has seen the cattle line up at 6AM in Detroit I do not know why you would not want to check in on line ...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  2. #2
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll



    I wonder why they are implying that checking in at the airport is "convenient." Maybe it's a joke.

  3. #3
    Junkyard Dog randude's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    PNW
    Posts
    3,148
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    I have never really been one that can check in online as I have to check luggage. Now that they are charging $25 Each Way per bag I may just start traveling lighter though.

    Someone I know flew from Seattle to Phoenix a couple weeks ago. Her flight was $150 r/t, but the surcharge for her bags was $50. That is a 33% surcharge.
    Survivor

  4. #4
    Viejo del Foro Daddy-YO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Philly - León
    Posts
    2,081
    Blog Entries
    6

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    Spirit ran a promo two days ago, "Want To See Our Weiner?"
    "The Weiner Sale: Fares Too HARD to Resist!"

    Knocking NY's Anthony Weiner, whose "Tweetin' Heart" got him in big trouble.


    Low fares AND a sense of humor, I say SOLD!, even with their friggin' post-midnight flights into & out of Nicaragua's most dangerous city, Managua._
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

  5. #5
    House SOB Little Corn Tom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Pompano Beach, Florida
    Posts
    10,490
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    I flew Spirit to Tampa and sent my luggage via FedEx. It was cheaper.

    The next time I took the train and that was a much more pleasant experience. It cost less than the gas to drive there and allowed 2 big bags. The dining car had snacks, drinks, and tables to sit down. All for $54.40 R/T.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

  6. #6
    TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Posts
    6,785
    Blog Entries
    5

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    Best line I ever heard was on Southwest between SFO and LAX...

    Attendant...

    "There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but only 7 to leave this aircraft... "

    I am looking forward to the upcoming trip to see if Spirit lives up to the good and the bad. It is still one half of any flight out of Toronto and 70% of Buffalo. One of the reasons for the Aug trip is to see if a Gaggle of 5 (us) and maybe a couple other tag along can work the restrictions of Spirit and remain sane.

    Surprised to see there is no MGA connection offered out of Buffalo.. Wonder why..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

  7. #7
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    I wonder if Anthony Wiener drives a woody?

  8. #8
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I wonder if Anthony Wiener drives a woody?
    I know it is a bit off key, but perhaps a " Woody" drives him?
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



  9. #9
    Para aquí para acá Jonh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    La Florida
    Posts
    16,854
    Blog Entries
    15

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I know it is a bit off key, but perhaps a " Woody" drives him?

  10. #10
    Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Casares/Estelii, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,073
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    most of the times I'll fly with AA,unless the fares are ridiculously high as in over $500,I can easily save over $250 on spirit.

    unless you're rich like daddy yo and snook breath ,I'd rather save $250 bucks,over a little inconvenient midnite arrival,afterall I always have someone waiting on me at the airport.

    Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    I flew Spirit to Tampa and sent my luggage via FedEx. It was cheaper.

    The next time I took the train and that was a much more pleasant experience. It cost less than the gas to drive there and allowed 2 big bags. The dining car had snacks, drinks, and tables to sit down. All for $54.40 R/T.

  11. #11
    Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Casares/Estelii, Nicaragua
    Posts
    2,073
    Blog Entries
    13

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    other than the savings,there is NOThING GOOD about spirit bro.
    Last time I flew for $180 RT,everything included. that's the ONLY thing to smile about.

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    I am looking forward to the upcoming trip to see if Spirit lives up to the good and the bad.

  12. #12
    Dog Whisperer cookshow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Right Here
    Posts
    5,673
    Blog Entries
    7

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Best line I ever heard was on Southwest between SFO and LAX...

    Attendant...

    "There may be 50 ways to leave your lover, but only 7 to leave this aircraft... "

    I am looking forward to the upcoming trip to see if Spirit lives up to the good and the bad. It is still one half of any flight out of Toronto and 70% of Buffalo. One of the reasons for the Aug trip is to see if a Gaggle of 5 (us) and maybe a couple other tag along can work the restrictions of Spirit and remain sane.

    Surprised to see there is no MGA connection offered out of Buffalo.. Wonder why..

    I used to fly SWA alot, so much so that one year I got a companion pass, I think that took 100 flights in a year. Every month or so I would rack up a free ticket, at that time no restrictions, I gave them as presents during the holidays, graduations, etc. The best part was the book of drink coupons that came with every ticket, I had stacks of them and if you want to make new friends, handing out cold beers at flying altitude will make them, quick.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

  13. #13
    Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Puerto Cabezas Nicar
    Posts
    13,264
    Blog Entries
    3

    Default Re: Spirit On line check in poll

    Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I used to fly SWA alot, so much so that one year I got a companion pass, I think that took 100 flights in a year. Every month or so I would rack up a free ticket, at that time no restrictions, I gave them as presents during the holidays, graduations, etc. The best part was the book of drink coupons that came with every ticket, I had stacks of them and if you want to make new friends, handing out cold beers at flying altitude will make them, quick.
    Hey I am not even going mount one of them things completely sober I can tell you that.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...



Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 12-30-2010, 03:05 PM
  2. Check your hammock ropes
    By Jonh in forum Miscellaneous
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 07:55 PM
  3. Can I cash a cashier's check in Nica?
    By Gypsytoes in forum Housing and Real Estate
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-13-2009, 07:30 AM
  4. Check ups
    By Little Corn Tom in forum Health
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-05-2009, 05:25 PM
  5. CPC to check how clean your courtyard is?
    By Jonh in forum Today, in Nicaragua...
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 07-08-2008, 12:49 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Also visit the False Bluff Blog!