Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Welcome to Corn Island

Blog Entries

Default Re: Welcome to Corn Island

Glad to see your back on line. Good shot of the van. Has the situation calmed down? How's Max doing? Is he back to normal?
    It's all part of the adventure!!

Blog Entries

The Dogs are looking better, brought back some medicine from MGA and have them all taking vitamins daily. Some Dog sickness going around, lots of dogs around me sick.

Max is still not eating great but is putting some weight back on, been buying him meaty bones from one of the butchers when they kill cow.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Glad to her about the dogs. How many dogs do you have and what are their weights?
    It's all part of the adventure!!

Blog Entries

How many dogs do I have, a good question, one I am not sure I know the answer to.

Officially only Max, 80-100# I estimate, same size as Amos, but a little lighter.

There is the "pitbull" puppy, still undecided if I will keep her. she is a few pounds, puppy size. She was named Chica while I was gone. She is kinda like Mr Box in that she is not a people dog, she mostly plays with the other dog and seldom looks for attention. I was reluctant at first to keep her, fearing she would be a big dog and eat like Max but I don't think she is going to be that big. She will be easy to find a home for if needed, people are more than happy to get something besides a sickly puppy.

Then there are Latisha and Lamont, the brother and sister. I gave them away but Latisha spends more time here than at her new home, she plays with Chica all day and does not eat too much so I just let her hang around. She also shuns people mostly. She is probably 8-10#.

I know it sounds like I am running a half-way house for wayward dogs. Believe it or not in my adult life I never had a dog until I moved here. I have had dozens of dogs come through here in the past 3 years, some died, a few went missing, most I get healthy and give away. I really wish I did not need more dogs, I would be happy with just Max, but one dog is not enough and with the constant threat of poisoning you have to have a replacement in the wings.

What I am trying to achieve is a 3 dog "team" I have seen this in action here and it works. 1 monster dog and 2 smaller dogs, the smaller dogs seem to be more sensitive to their environment, they sound the alarm and the big dog handles the situation. The problem is finding 3 dogs that can work together and that you can live with. Mr Box was a garden destroyer but Max really liked him so I overlooked that. Latisha is a barker, which seems like something you would want, that is until it is all night, every night.

No kidding I have really gone to the dogs.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12