Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Argentine Steaks

Blog Entries

Default Re: Argentine Steaks

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Some people say that there is a woman to blame....

But I know....

It's my own Damn fault....
    Perfect!

Blog Entries

Something I may have failed to tell all you good friends.. I have just graduated Intensive Out Patient therapy for drugs and alcohol (court ordered) and I have been going to AA a couple times a week. I have not had a drink in almost a year, and I have I not been drunk in over a year. Before that I only drank about once a week, if that. Since I left Louisiana I have been seriously cooling my jets.

Don't get me wrong, I only go to AA because it is court ordered. I do not have or want a sponsor and I am not participating in the 12 steps. I just attend and get my court slip signed. I do know I will not party as much as I did in the past anymore once I finish all this crap though. I think I have about 2 1/2 months to go.

So I have been getting all my depts paid this past year. And if I really had a habit that required drinking I would have been drinking a lot. This loss of my hand has been a huge problem. I can take my cast off at will, and it is off now. For the first time in two months my hand has not felt as bad as a toothache. I may be on the road to recovery for that as well.
    Survivor

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dixietraveller View Post
    As usual it looks delicious! (I'll refrain from asking how many pounds you've put on! Besides you're probably walking off the calories!)

What about a first-hand report on the reaction to Cabral's murder?
    Think I forgot to respond, sorry. The general feeling of course was sadness. After the first couple of days playing his music and recounting his life story, the rest of the story started to come out. Seems the concert promoter had a drug history with the Mexican gangs and the speculation is that Cabral was just a victim of the attack on the promotor.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

amsutton

Randude: I sincerely wish you all the best in the road to recovery. Hang in there and stay tough!

Blog Entries

Thanks Anne, I have not exactly felt like bragging all this to my online friends. I had a bunch of problems in the past couple of years including a couple of divorces and DUIs. One of which happened in the Virginia Beach area. Seems we are all connected in some way, and especially since the internet age.

Sorry I joked about your plight, but really, we all have our own things going on. The usual course of delivery for your average man is to make friends with each other. Some time after that you are allowed to bitch about something that is bothering you and the friend is obliged to help out at all cost. Usually when a woman comes into the picture sex takes over. Men are so distracted by the possibility of sex that normal reasoning can me thrown out the window. They may not say it, but you know it is true. And if the woman is not attractive sexually then she has no chance of getting a man's attentions whatsoever.

Don't shoot me, I am just the messenger.
    Survivor

amsutton

So is that a subtle way of saying I'm pretty? My only original intent was the post on the lovely meat pictured in this thread....not become part of the meat market

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Hey we often get a bit off topic here, but the original poster can get straight faced and pull it right back on topic to continue the discussion.

I still think that side on Dan's plate is some kind of Fancy mashed potatoes, and I like a Rib Eye, it is not so much meat that I can't enjoy all the trimmings that compliment it.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

amsutton

Have you ever had quiquiste mashed? Delicious. The first time I had it was in Nicaragua...not generally a vegetable you encounter in the U.S. unfortunately.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by amsutton View Post
    Have you ever had quiquiste mashed? Delicious. The first time I had it was in Nicaragua...not generally a vegetable you encounter in the U.S. unfortunately.
    Oh yes, I like them too, but they if you eat too much will constipate you, and I also like taters with the national salty cheese mixed in.

And split ripe Plantains with the national cheese in them, but I want the cheese cooked some what and I don't buy it from just anyone. Why you might ask?

Two or three times here people here were hospitalized for some unscrupulous producer using Formaldehyde in the production giving the consumers liver problems, I cannot remember if deaths occurred, but to me it won't too cool to hear about it.

So for that I only buy from a known vendor that can tell me and I trust their word the cheese is without risk. this is after he and his family have eaten some of the same batch.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

amsutton

Plain Old John Wayne: Oh just eat more gallo pinto...those beans will clear up that constipation.

Plain Old John Wayne: Oh just eat more gallo pinto...those beans will clear up that constipation.
    it sure will, beans are high in fiber
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

This message is brought to you by Radio Bahamas and the Great Bahamian Shoe Sale Store, and Doans Pills. they stop WIND....

Any 'ole Horse can fart once in a while, but it takes a Good Mule to Fart all Day...

Blog Entries

I have lots of quiquiste on my place (it is called Coco Yam here). I am not crazy for it, but since I grow it I eat it, starchier than potatoes.

Keep up the good fight Randy.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I have lots of quiquiste on my place (it is called Coco Yam here). I am not crazy for it, but since I grow it I eat it, starchier than potatoes.

Keep up the good fight Randy.
    I like it Cookshoe, specialy in a soup where I can smash it up to thicken the gravy a bit.

It ain't stringy like Yucca is at times. and if ya got the trots it will put an end to that with enough consumed....

Blog Entries

Soup is how I usually eat it. I eat it, just not my favorite. Yucca when good is nice, seems like mine is always stringy like you mention.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Have you ever had the cake the locals make out of it? I swear it is nice...

Blog Entries

I gave a neighbor a bunch the other day and got cake in return, several neighbors make the cake real nice. Cassava cake too.
    Ernie K Doe

amsutton

I know you're a bunch of "macho" guys, but if you have that cake recipe, I'd love it.

Blog Entries

Thanks for the words of encouragement Kevin. I go to group therapy once a week now. I just come out of one of those. I swear it is like being in jail. All these messed up people yakking it up for an hour and a half. I would prefer a visit to the dentist.

I am glad to see you online. I was wondering what happened to you.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

I know you're a bunch of "macho" guys, but if you have that cake recipe, I'd love it.
    ASAP I will get my wife to tell me and I will put it in print for all I guess we have a thread for things like that, but anyway give me a chance and I will get it.

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Geez, we're completely off topic here...sooo, here's my 2 cents. As W C Fields said, "Once, during Prohibition, I was forced to live for days on nothing but food and water." Sounds like rough times for sure! And my fav way of eating the quequisque tuber is thinly sliced and fried up with just a pinch of salt.

"Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Another day another steak

Blog Entries

Sorry bastard, I just had rice and beans.
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Sorry bastard, I just had rice and beans.

Blog Entries

I hope that ain't bacon on top of the beef, that makes you a double sorry Bastard.
    Ernie K Doe

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast