Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's up with Tomatoes

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: What's up with Tomatoes

Must be one of them Corn "Pone" maters....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

The Bluefields Tomato seeds I started had great germination, will leave them in the start tray for another week or 2, then put them in individual cups for 4-5 weeks,then put some in the ground and see how they do.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

I was at UCATSE this morning, an upscale private agronomy university between Estelí and Condega. Big place, their own print shop, did I mention private as in no Sandinista affiliation? Clean, well kept buildings, and they have their own working farm. Catholic. Did I mention that the Sandinistas have nothing to do with the place ?

Anyway, to my point, I noticed that they were using burlap sacking in their nursery to germinate seeds and grow the plants in. My foreman is starting there Saturdays, he had gone to a low end agronomy school in Estelí for three years, some time back. The matriculation is $20, the monthly nut is $30, and I pay Jaido $8 for the Saturday he would normally work anyway. They have a daily program, really long day, 7 to 4 PM, and the Saturday thing.

In exchange I get this great connection to a school well known throughout CA for the quality of its instruction:

https://www.google.com.ni/search?q=U...w=1600&bih=835

I'm not smart like CookShow, I'm going to need the help

just diggin' it Outstanding in the Dirt's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    The Bluefields Tomato seeds I started had great germination, will leave them in the start tray for another week or 2, then put them in individual cups for 4-5 weeks,then put some in the ground and see how they do.
    Good luck with your Bluefields tomatoes. If they do well for you, I would like some seeds also.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Outstanding in the Dirt View Post
    Good luck with your Bluefields tomatoes. If they do well for you, I would like some seeds also.

The seedlings look real promising, will move them to individual containers (6 ounce cups) next week.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12