Thread: Variety

Default Variety

At times it is hard to get variety in Nicaragua, and there is no competition to get the quality of some products up... Yesterday, while at Metrocentro I noticed that instead of just 2 Ice Cream joints, there are now 4 with another coming!

TCBY is coming according to a sign.

Yea! - Gelato
    Eskimo - Icy Crystal Ice Cream
    Pops - Decent but a bit pricy
    McD's - New Ice Cream Kiosk
    TCBY - Yogurt

Carretera Masaya km 10.5, approx 2 k al Sur
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Variety

we've tried the Yea gelato...not anything like real gelato but not too bad. I wish there was a yogurt place like Yogurtland, where you get your cup size, serve yourself different flavored yogurts (mix n match) then put in the toppings like fruit, nuts, reese's peanut butter cups, m&ms, and sauces. If they had that we'd be there at least once a week. I wonder if TCBY is like that? The Yogurtland setup might not work that well in Nicaragua though...usually it is a pay first setup here...Yea is like that.

Variety is one reason I actually like Managua...or at least parts of the city
    Doors of hope fly open when doors of promise shut. -Thomas D'Arcy McGee

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Fellas, I couldn't agree more on variety, it's the spice of life, por supuesto! Making homemade ice cream in Nicaragua was such a sore spot for me that I made Roger buy me a machine in Mga at Alke. Oddly enough, he ain't complainin' much, despite the crazy cost of the dang thing.

This week's 4oz containers are a caramelized golden pineapple, sauteed in butter and dulce, a bit of cream and milk, then some rum-soaked raisins to add a final tropical touch. From the way Roger's been at the freezer, I doubt any are gonna make it to market day.

More power to the yogurt place, as variety is exactly what this country needs but, honestly, takin' fat outa' any product is not gonna attract me to it, for sure!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post
    Fellas, I couldn't agree more on variety, it's the spice of life, por supuesto! Making homemade ice cream in Nicaragua was such a sore spot for me that I made Roger buy me a machine in Mga at Alke. Oddly enough, he ain't complainin' much, despite the crazy cost of the dang thing.

This week's 4oz containers are a caramelized golden pineapple, sauteed in butter and dulce, a bit of cream and milk, then some rum-soaked raisins to add a final tropical touch. From the way Roger's been at the freezer, I doubt any are gonna make it to market day.

More power to the yogurt place, as variety is exactly what this country needs but, honestly, takin' fat outa' any product is not gonna attract me to it, for sure!
    i have a 1960 electric ice cream maker.... barely used, looks brand new...

i wonder if it's worth anything as a collectible.... or will i be bringing it to nica:

looks similar to this one.....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    i have a 1960 electric ice cream maker.... barely used, looks brand new...

i wonder if it's worth anything as a collectible.... or will i be bringing it to nica:

looks similar to this one.....

Bring it to Nicaragua if it's still working and fits in check in luggage (you can put a lot of fragile objects inside it and get TSA's note if they want to check it out thoroughly). Eskimo does have pitaya icecream, but there are a lot of other fruits that are just waiting to be turned into sherbets and cream isn't that hard to come by.

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    Bring it to Nicaragua if it's still working and fits in check in luggage (you can put a lot of fragile objects inside it and get TSA's note if they want to check it out thoroughly). Eskimo does have pitaya icecream, but there are a lot of other fruits that are just waiting to be turned into sherbets and cream isn't that hard to come by.
    thank you, that was your best post ever! now if i can find caramel, pralines and pecans, i'll be in business....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/