Thread: Our Trip to Knotts Berry Farm

Our Everlasting Love ! doming00's Avatar

Default Our Trip to Knotts Berry Farm

To all my TRN friends residing in Nicaragua and beyond:

Here we are residing in Southern California and we decided to take a trip to Knotts Berry Farm with the family for this labor day weekend. Unlike those beat up looking rides that you find from those traveling carnivals throughout Nicaragua, this amusement park is top notch. Below is a utube video link and attached hereto are some photos. We are still in search of our new home. We are currently staying in a rented out townhome in the city of Downey which is about 19 miles southeast of Los Angeles. My wife is attempting to get her driver´s license so she can also be on the road along with the millions of other drivers here in Southen California. Once she gets her drivers license a used vehicle will do for her until she gets a job. More postings to follow.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lJnp87Fq3TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Default Re: Our Trip to Knotts Berry Farm

OMG!

I remember going to the Bird Cage Theater....... in 1958.

Jeeez.....Time fly's.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by doming00 View Post
    To all my TRN friends residing in Nicaragua and beyond:

Here we are residing in Southern California and we decided to take a trip to Knotts Berry Farm with the family for this labor day weekend. Unlike those beat up looking rides that you find from those traveling carnivals throughout Nicaragua, this amusement park is top notch. Below is a utube video link and attached hereto are some photos. We are still in search of our new home. We are currently staying in a rented out townhome in the city of Downey which is about 19 miles southeast of Los Angeles. My wife is attempting to get her driver´s license so she can also be on the road along with the millions of other drivers here in Southen California. Once she gets her drivers license a used vehicle will do for her until she gets a job. More postings to follow.

<iframe width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/lJnp87Fq3TE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>
    Great pics of those happy faces of kids...thanks for the posting
    pp

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Looks like everyone is having a great time
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Carretera Masaya km 10.5, approx 2 k al Sur
    Blog Entries

I like the look on your little boy's face when the train robber asks him to fork over the $$$ = classic!

Knott's was the first amusement park I took my bride to when we were living in SoCal. Being not a big $isney fan...what I didn't remember about KBF is that a couple of their roller coasters (I think Montezuma's Revenge is one) are really crazy ones...we vowed afterwards to stick to tamer rides

We really enjoyed going to Universal Studios; more fun less scary rides and I think more interesting than KBF...also getting there is simpler...take the Metrolink train, then the Metro subway...stopping at Olivera Street before getting back on the train...good times!
    Doors of hope fly open when doors of promise shut. -Thomas D'Arcy McGee

Blog Entries

Last time I was at Knott's I was about your kids age.

SoCal has a lot of neat things for this kids. All it takes is money!

I have family in Downey, some in Santa Fe Springs, Bell Gardens and Norwalk. I guess I have friends and family all over the place from Long Beach to Gendale.

Lots to do there. Surprising you didn't go to Disney first. That is what everyone else does.
    Survivor