Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: 63%

Blog Entries

Default 63%

Canal 2 is playing all the highlights from last night.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: 63%

Well? 63% of what? I don't watch TV enough to kill a sick cat.

You been dipping in that FDC soon this morning and can't finish a sentence?
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

63% of the vote.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Dagnabbit, you Share Cropper, I guess I have to worm it out of you.

WHO got 63%? and if you tell me Daniel, and I tell my wife who is still sleeping, it ain't gone be a good day around this house this morning, and she is going to take on of those attitudes against me for it being the fault of mine, the Gringos, and every person on Earth and never vote again because it does no good, and it is still all my fault. And on, and on, and on...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Better you let her sleep, if she did not vote in the 2 as instucted she is not going to be a happy camper this morning.
    She wasted her taxi fare yesterday.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

64% of 16% of the vote, to be accurate as of this morning.

The other 84% of the ballots might be dissolving in Lake Managua by now.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Better you let her sleep, if she did not vote in the 2 as instucted she is not going to be a happy camper this morning.
    She wasted her taxi fare yesterday.
    My wife is certain there will be violence if "he" wins.

Our Everlasting Love ! doming00's Avatar

Just another day in Nicaragua with the same old Sh*t. Democracy has been wiped out in Nicaragua. The dictatorship of Ortega is getting stronger now that the FSLN also maintains the majority in the National Assembly. If you can beat these bastards, then you must join them. About the only good thing about Nicaragua is the rum and cigars.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Where do I line up for my free ALBA Ikea kitchen set

I wonder if they will still be doled out after the results are certified ???
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Only 63% ??? I thought 99% was the expected percentage in all the Peoples' Republics! I guess with the East German Stasi gone, such incompetence is to be expected! Daniel's girlfriend, Margot Honecker will be so disappointed!
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dixietraveller View Post
    Only 63% ??? I thought 99% was the expected percentage in all the Peoples' Republics! I guess with the East German Stasi gone, such incompetence is to be expected! Daniel's girlfriend, Margot Honecker will be so disappointed!
    They have to make it appear realistic. If they use the Kim Jong Il or Fidel Castro vote counting methods, it would be too obvious.

Active TRN Member dixietraveller's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    They have to make it appear realistic. If they use the Kim Jong Il or Fidel Castro vote counting methods, it would be too obvious.
    Maybe the next election!
    O quantum est in rebus inane! / A palabras necias, oídos sordos

Blog Entries

Maybe the next election!

Just like the Cubs!
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Maybe the next election!
    I don't think there will be any more Presidential Elections, the "New" Constitution will eliminate such formalities.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by doming00 View Post
    Just another day in Nicaragua with the same old Sh*t. Democracy has been wiped out in Nicaragua. The dictatorship of Ortega is getting stronger now that the FSLN also maintains the majority in the National Assembly. If you can beat these bastards, then you must join them. About the only good thing about Nicaragua is the rum and cigars.

Friend of mine who's old FSLN just was elected to the National Assembly. Europeans vote monitoring people (saw them in their marked SUV twice in Jinotega, once near a polling place on election day) said it was fair.

FSLN threw a parade that lasted for two hours in front of my house, and which went through every block in Jinotega.

Looks like the teen-aged kids who heard about the glory days of the FSLN voted for Ortega as they were certainly the majority of the people in the parade.

On election day, my visiting friend and I went up to the cemetery to see birds and let my little dog run. We met a woman who was there to visit her son's grave, killed in the war. She had tears in her eyes; we didn't ask which side.

I said before the election, if the Europeans found it to be a fair election, then I'd believe it was a fair election. My impression here is that the PRI supporters who marched a couple of weeks before the election were poorer (at least in appearance) than the FSLN supporters, and I didn't see anything much of Aleman's people other than their headquarters in town.

My block is mostly FSLN supporters judging by a couple of things, but not militant or discourteous about it. Some people I had had no idea until I saw them smiling and waving today. One woman has said they did some good and some bad. I know of some people who were seriously opposed, but the FSLN supporters I've met, including the new Assembly woman, seem to be sensible enough people.

Boss Tweed wasn't the worst politician ever.

wow! you are a brainiac! "On 19 July 2008, on the occasion of the 29th anniversary of the Sandinista revolution in Nicaragua, Margot Honecker received the order for cultural independence "Rubén Dario" from President Daniel Ortega. The award was in recognition of Honecker's untiring support of the national campaign against illiteracy in the 1980s.[5] This honor was the first public appearance of Margot Honecker since the fall of the Berlin Wall. Honecker was reported to have said she was grateful for the honor; but publicly no words were spoken. The left-wing heads of state of Paraguay and Venezuela, Fernando Lugo and Hugo Chávez, also took part in the celebrations in Managua.[5]"
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    Friend of mine who's old FSLN just was elected to the National Assembly. Europeans vote monitoring people (saw them in their marked SUV twice in Jinotega, once near a polling place on election day) said it was fair.

FSLN threw a parade that lasted for two hours in front of my house, and which went through every block in Jinotega.

Looks like the teen-aged kids who heard about the glory days of the FSLN voted for Ortega as they were certainly the majority of the people in the parade.

On election day, my visiting friend and I went up to the cemetery to see birds and let my little dog run. We met a woman who was there to visit her son's grave, killed in the war. She had tears in her eyes; we didn't ask which side.

I said before the election, if the Europeans found it to be a fair election, then I'd believe it was a fair election. My impression here is that the PRI supporters who marched a couple of weeks before the election were poorer (at least in appearance) than the FSLN supporters, and I didn't see anything much of Aleman's people other than their headquarters in town.

My block is mostly FSLN supporters judging by a couple of things, but not militant or discourteous about it. Some people I had had no idea until I saw them smiling and waving today. One woman has said they did some good and some bad. I know of some people who were seriously opposed, but the FSLN supporters I've met, including the new Assembly woman, seem to be sensible enough people.

Boss Tweed wasn't the worst politician ever.
    Hitler's election was fair, too. I wonder if the kids know they voted for a narcissistic child molesting rapist thug. I'm guessing they do, and wholeheartedly approve of such things, likely practicing them themselves.

Hitler's election was fair, too. I wonder if the kids know they voted for a narcissistic child molesting rapist thug. I'm guessing they do, and wholeheartedly approve of such things, likely practicing them themselves.
    Wait a New York second

Ortaga wins AND the Miami Dolphins WIN......Did the "Fish" hire Roberto Rivas to supervise the refs ???

pp

Blog Entries

If your cartoonist disappears or starts praising DO, then I'll get worried. Or if the people who aren't FSLN in town stop telling me what a jerk Ortega is (the local Communist Party guy leafletted summer of 2010 that Ortega was a fascist). Blacks when I was growing up in Clemson were more scared than anyone I've seen here.

The step-daughter thing -- yeah, seriously problematic. The biography of Ortega says it happened and that Ortega sleeps around with adult women, too. I also know that fake accusations of things like that are not uncommon, and exaggerations of real things are also not that uncommon. I rather suspect exaggeration of something real, but then I know of such an incident where what happened got exaggerated, though what happened was bad. I also had an ex-sister-in-law who made up a completely fabricated story about her boss. There are child abuse convictions that were totally bogus simply because doing to a child what the children said had been done to them would have left scarring (not to speak of the "Satanic Abuse" stuff which has never been matched with physical evidence).

The Nicaraguan people made their call; the European vote examiners said the vote was fair.

Blog Entries

You, the Euro-examiners, and the Nicaraguan people seem to have the lowest possible standards. That's the only conclusion I can make.

Blog Entries

You, the Euro-examiners, and the Nicaraguan people seem to have the lowest possible standards. That's the only conclusion I can make.
    I've pretty much concluded that people who live away from a place tend to have much more simplified views of it than people living in it, dealing with the complexity of the issues directly. I'd have more respect for what I've seen of the right here if the US wasn't its promised land.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    I've pretty much concluded that people who live away from a place tend to have much more simplified views of it than people living in it, dealing with the complexity of the issues directly. I'd have more respect for what I've seen of the right here if the US wasn't its promised land.
    Ah, the Fyl response. Does that apply to people who don't live in South Carolina too?

It doesn't explain the thousands of Nicas who have seen this all before and are thoroughly disgusted by this election.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

I could see Danny-boy actually garnishing a "Majority" of the votes.. By how much you believe the majority is, well that a matter of personal opinion(s), but I cant fathom how the PLI could actually have had this election stolen..

Results skewed? yes.. The boxes stuffed to a point that the PLI lost .. Ummm no..

Now the question is if Danny-boy can sustain it.. There is specter of Hugo's impending demise, the vanishing oil slush fund that fuels the growth, the drying wells of EU monies as their debt crisis dries up.. The lack of the reappearance of remittances from folks abroad and the list goes on and on..

Now on the flip side lets say that the 40 to 100bn (depends on who's cooked books you read claim on) is actually an ALBA grant (in the end) rather than a crushing IMF loan.. Well then it could be the spark that gets the wheels of prosperity turning again ...

Only time will tell
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Europeans vote monitoring people (saw them in their marked SUV twice in Jinotega, once near a polling place on election day) said it was fair.

Thanks for the chuckle this morning!
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by catahoula fan View Post

Thanks for the chuckle this morning!
    I guess 1 poll was fair!! lol I read online that the European monitors were not happy, were initially barred at some of the polls! I think they stated they would make their official observation announcement later on today.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast