Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Season of the thieves

Active TRN Member

Default Season of the thieves

This is the time of year when scumbags in Nicaragua become especially active. The crime wave has already begun (as I have just discovered) so I am telling my friends to think carefully about what they do to protect themselves and their property, identify any gaps, and fill them right away.

This includes testing your defense systems. For example, if pepper spray or wasp spray is your weapon of choice, give it a squirt to make sure it's still working.

The crime wave will build until X-mas day when the most of the trash will head to the beach with the rest of the country. But some will stay behind for a few days to B&E undefended houses and mug people on foot, and these are the most dangerous, because they tend to be more professional.

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Default Re: Season of the thieves

Yup, definitely an increase in petty crime this time of year. For us, the dogs keep all but the stupidest among them away from our place, but since it's almost time to cut the cane fields around us again, it's time for extra precautions against the thieves that are the temporary hire, the ones that come out of La Paz.

Every time we have cutters anywhere near the property, there's always one fella who gets it in his head that he can get over the fence, get in and get out, before the dogs can reach him. We've had a few issues with some that were not quite quick enough. Got too much to do this holiday season to deal with any legal hassles, so we're trying a different approach. Hired my neighbor's worker for 2 days, an hour each day, and he cleared a 3' swath on either side of the fence, all around the property. This should let the thieves know that we are waiting, and should deter many of them.

For the especially thick-headed, Roger took apart an old TV and scrounged parts for an electric behavior modifier. We're wishing for a quiet and peaceful Christmas, what's your Christmas wish this year?
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

It's high season for thieves
    Dios es Amor!

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Mil, I just love the name Electric Behavior Modifyer, it tickles me to no end...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Mil, I just love the name Electric Behavior Modifyer, it tickles me to no end...
    My EBM (electric behavior modifyer)...is a rechargeable 3500 volt TW-800TYPE, once they just see the arc-ing of the current...there are no problems....is that sort of like going-green? maybe I need to go to the "peace" seminar at the Laguna

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Playa Pete View Post
    My EBM (electric behavior modifyer)...is a rechargeable 3500 volt TW-800TYPE, once they just see the arc-ing of the current...there are no problems....is that sort of like going-green? maybe I need to go to the "peace" seminar at the Laguna
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I'm considering using an EBM on my ten month old when she screeches at 93 dB at the dinner table. Is that wrong of me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I'm considering using an EBM on my ten month old when she screeches at 93 dB at the dinner table. Is that wrong of me?
    is cps at the door yet? (Big Luke Grin!)
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Child Training Collars

More than 30 years ago, electronic child collars made their way into the potty-training scene. However, because the first generation of toddler training collars were only capable of delivering one level of stimulation to the little angel, they where appropriately nicknamed shock collars. Recognizing the limitations of the first generation of electric collars, manufacturers worked with Parent-Teacher Association members to refine their design. Within the last 5-10 years, the technology of child training collars was replaced, giving the parents and Sunday School Teachers the ability to select multiple levels of intensity from the transmitter. This single advancement combined with customer education has done more for the widespread acceptance of electronic collars than any other advancement with electric adolesent training collars. If you are unfamiliar with the proper use of the Electronic Behaivor Device (EBD) training collars we recommend the Total E-Collar Conditioning with Mike Lardy - Video or DVD. We only sell electronic child training collars from the top 5 manufacturers to parents of offspring that truly love the little devils: Tritronicas, SportDont, Donotcraptra, thatisanonotek, and DontTouch Systems. If you are new to electric Munchkin training collars, please read the following Electronic Training Collars - Buyers' Guide. UL and Republican Party approved.

Blog Entries

Child Training Collars

More than 30 years ago, electronic child collars made their way into the potty-training scene. However, because the first generation of toddler training collars were only capable of delivering one level of stimulation to the little angel, they where appropriately nicknamed shock collars. Recognizing the limitations of the first generation of electric collars, manufacturers worked with Parent-Teacher Association members to refine their design. Within the last 5-10 years, the technology of child training collars was replaced, giving the parents and Sunday School Teachers the ability to select multiple levels of intensity from the transmitter. This single advancement combined with customer education has done more for the widespread acceptance of electronic collars than any other advancement with electric adolesent training collars. If you are unfamiliar with the proper use of the Electronic Behaivor Device (EBD) training collars we recommend the Total E-Collar Conditioning with Mike Lardy - Video or DVD. We only sell electronic child training collars from the top 5 manufacturers to parents of offspring that truly love the little devils: Tritronicas, SportDont, Donotcraptra, thatisanonotek, and DontTouch Systems. If you are new to electric Munchkin training collars, please read the following Electronic Training Collars - Buyers' Guide. UL and Republican Party approved.
    I thought that was serious at first. Reminds me of the tennis racket bug zapper.

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

I thought that was serious at first. Reminds me of the tennis racket bug zapper.
    I have that Tennis racket and it gives u a very good sting!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by anna View Post
    I have that Tennis racket and it gives u a very good sting!!!
    Sounds like it could give new meaning to "backhand."

Republican Party approved.
    (Big Luke Grin!)
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

I'm going to put an EBM collar on Luke.

This too tight?

Now where's that remote...

This too tight?

Dragline: He was smiling... That's right. You know, that, that Luke smile of his. He had it on his face right to the very end. Hell, if they didn't know it 'fore, they could tell right then that they weren't a-gonna beat him. That old Luke smile. Oh, Luke. He was some boy. Cool Hand Luke. Hell, he's a natural-born world-shaker.

I love the movie Christmas vacation with Chevy chase.

I love it when Eddie said that at one time he had a metal plate in his head and every time his wife would rev up the microwave he would piss in his pants and forget who he was for 30 minutes.
    my little girl

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

This too tight?

Humungus: I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Humungus: I am gravely disappointed. Again you have made me unleash my dogs of war.
    i like it.... but i didn't see the movie... so off to google i go... (Big Luke Grin!)

mad max 2..... off to red box to rent it.....

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    I love the movie Christmas vacation with Chevy chase.

I love it when Eddie said that at one time he had a metal plate in his head and every time his wife would rev up the microwave he would piss in his pants and forget who he was for 30 minutes.
    Tht is a good one Vern, to good for me not to make an office "Joke of the Day" out of it....

Morn'in!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    Morn'in!
    Now that is funny. Classic
    my little girl

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    Oh NO!!??? .. If "Luke" becomes MadMax...I am going to forget my EBM; I am going to just get a rope and hang him...

Quote Originally Posted by Playa Pete View Post
    Oh NO!!??? .. If "Luke" becomes MadMax...I am going to forget my EBM; I am going to just get a rope and hang him...
    Fifi: They say people don't believe in heroes anymore. Well damn them! You and me, Max, we're gonna give them back their heroes!
    Max: Ah, Fif. Do you really expect me to go for that crap?
    Fifi: You gotta admit I sounded good there for a minute, huh?
    Share this quote

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    When you can quote it line for line beginning to end you can move up to blade runner...
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast