Thread: How to grill out in Nicaragua

Default How to grill out in Nicaragua

I am looking for some tips for a place like Condega
    Hear I buy charchoal and have a grill
    But I am looking for some tips for Condega
    Now I don't want to do a hog but if I can find charcloal I think I make a grill with some bricks and some thin wire or metal rods
    Any way send me some tips. Thanks in advance
    my little girl

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: How to grill out in Nicaragua

Vern, get thee an old oven rack, or lookest thou the finger protector offin a fan what ya use when they ain't no wind, or if that fails swipe ya one of them nice Stainless Steel shopping carts from Walmart.

A little fat pine liter wood splits wrapped in the Car-Bone and you in business.

I have used an old wheelbarrow. Creativity man, Hell out in the jungle we used green Nancite sticks right over the coals for shishkabob.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Vern, get thee an old oven rack, or lookest thou the finger protector offin a fan what ya use when they ain't no wind, or if that fails swipe ya one of them nice Stainless Steel shopping carts from Walmart.

A little fat pine liter wood splits wrapped in the Car-Bone and you in business.

I have used an old wheelbarrow. Creativity man, Hell out in the jungle we used green Nancite sticks right over the coals for shishkabob.
    i thought you had to have the right type of metal to grill on..... heard about a whole family dieing grilling off a shopping cart or something....

All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

What is car-bone?
    my little girl

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    What is car-bone?
    Charcoal
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    i thought you had to have the right type of metal to grill on..... heard about a whole family dieing grilling off a shopping cart or something....

(Big Duke Grin)

DDT ya cannot gril on one of them plastic shopping carts stolen from the local Pali store no wonder they all got dead...

Kinda like several years ago when the bricks of Cocaine started driftin ashore here and the Indians didn't know what it was and cooked and ate it and a whole family dropped dead.

Use the fire to clense the metal first and if there is anything left ya kin cook on that...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by just plain john wayne View Post
    :d (big duke grin)

ddt ya cannot gril on one of them plastic shopping carts stolen from the local pali store no wonder they all got dead...

Kinda like several years ago when the bricks of cocaine started driftin ashore here and the indians didn't know what it was and cooked and ate it and a whole family dropped dead.

Use the fire to clense the metal first and if there is anything left ya kin cook on that...
    :d (big luke grin!)
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

I wouldn't grill on lead, aluminum, or galvanized steel. Obviously not plastic, as the fumes from burning plastic can be toxic.

Owners of older Land Rovers (3F, where are you?) talk about removing the front grille and cooking on it over a fire.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I wouldn't grill on lead, aluminum, or galvanized steel. Obviously not plastic, as the fumes from burning plastic can be toxic.

Owners of older Land Rovers (3F, where are you?) talk about removing the front grille and cooking on it over a fire.
    this

Blog Entries

OK here is one of my better designs...

If you will notice this quality out door devise is equpped with a lid for your smoking or slow cooking recipes.

The inside meat and veggie rack is of modifyed steel that had been chromed over and sanitized real well to remove any harmfull heavy metals leaving only that rustic flavor of oxyidized iron to add not only flavor but 17 trace minerals and vitimans in the finished ediable meats wheather it be Possum, Iguana, a mess of tree squreels or just your every day garden variety chicken off the yard.

You can get that real home cooked Walmart flavor by using a distilled Hydro Car-Bone fluid or the natural pine light wood sticks for those that cannot afford the luxyery of jumping in ya car and running down to the local 7/11.

Ya'll be good now hear?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    OK here is one of my better designs...

If you will notice this quality out door devise is equpped with a lid for your smoking or slow cooking recipes.

The inside meat and veggie rack is of modifyed steel that had been chromed over and sanitized real well to remove any harmfull heavy metals leaving only that rustic flavor of oxyidized iron to add not only flavor but 17 trace minerals and vitimans in the finished ediable meats wheather it be Possum, Iguana, a mess of tree squreels or just your every day garden variety chicken off the yard.

You can get that real home cooked Walmart flavor by using a distilled Hydro Car-Bone fluid or the natural pine light wood sticks for those that cannot afford the luxyery of jumping in ya car and running down to the local 7/11.

Ya'll be good now hear?
    objection, no coffee alert and bathroom alert.... i laughed so hard i cried 'til i noticed my pants.... (Big Luke frown!)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    objection, no coffee alert and bathroom alert.... i laughed so hard i cried 'til i noticed my pants.... (Big Luke frown!)
    So ya see folks, I knew it would take some doing on our part to squeeze an original posting out of DDT.

But ya'll can pat me on the back for this one, DDT go change ya pants before going to work.

(Big Duke Grin)

Blog Entries

Attaboy, JW!

Super Meditator

some options
    Attached Images Attached Images
    "Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance." - Albert Einstein. - Politics may not be the oldest profession but the results are the same.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Seybonazo View Post
    some options
    I happen to like them all, but the FORD is a bit out of my reach here, is there one in TOYOTA?

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Ran across this one today...

==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Ran across this one today...

Yes this particular model one will find throughout the Country in wide use. It is famous on this side as well for "Roasting Ears of sweet corn on the cob" to even IguanaBob meats of the local eddible reptiallian species that in this manner does "Taste like Chicken"