Thread: PIE SHELLS!!!! (ready made)

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Default PIE SHELLS!!!! (ready made)

I can't recall the thread, but the Stop & Go on Masaya Highway (8.5km) has graham cracker pie crusts. No frozen ones though.
    Scott

Blog Entries

Default Re: PIE SHELLS!!!! (ready made)

Scott, keep up the good work. First you spotted beers, then you priced TV,s (and ate a Pricesmart Hotdog or 2), now Pie Crusts.

You are the Man..
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I love to cook, but not a baker by any stretch of the imagination. For Christmas I am going to make a "pumkin" pie from home grown Ayote, and the crust is going to be crushed coconut cookies, seems a little ambitious, but stop n go is just too long a walk from here.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    I love to cook, but not a baker by any stretch of the imagination. For Christmas I am going to make a "pumkin" pie from home grown Ayote, and the crust is going to be crushed coconut cookies, seems a little ambitious, but stop n go is just too long a walk from here.
    If we ever make it to Little corn Island, I'll bring u a few!! Wont even consider it a loan! lol

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Yup, saw them while I was filling my cart with beer. I've been waiting for someone to bring in Keebler graham crusts as they make the easiest jello/whipped cream pies...I could not believe that they were all SUGAR FREE. That is just wrong! Maybe, Scott, you could tell them to bring some regulars ones in, for us food-loving folks. Sheesh!

I never could find any frozen crusts that day, but did pick up a box Betty Crocker pie crust mix for something like 50 cords. I believe it was the La Colonia on Carr Masaya, maybe Km 12. Made Roger an apple/peach pie this evening and the crust was really flaky.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

Alright, now stay on the look out for an oreo crumb pie crust... ice cream mud pie is on my mind!

We use the "Animal Crackers" add a little sugar and butter...it makes a GREAT Crust. Any Popparia has them.