Thread: I guess we got to do it again

Blog Entries

Default I guess we got to do it again

Details are few, I have been waiting a few days before making this post. A very early member and friend to many here passed a few days ago.

Bobby died a few days ago. Bobby was a man that was passionate about Nicaragua, He loved the Country and the People.
    Last edited by cookshow; 12-24-2011 at 07:51 PM.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Default Re: I guess we got to do it again

Very sorry to hear that. Nica is a great country, a country that one should be proud of. All the best to his friends and family.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I am very sorry to hear that.

May you rest in peace Bobby, your presence among us was most welcome. You will be missed by many.

My condolances to the family.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN's fiesty redhead catahoula fan's Avatar

Bobby was one of Nicaragua's more colorful characters, and that's sayin' alot in this crazy place we call home. He was a friend of mine for the past 8 years, and was the original chap who started the Yahoo group on Nicaragua. I will surely miss him.
    "Patience is a virtue, but persistence to the point of success is a blessing."

My condolences to all of Bobby family and friends.

Blog Entries

I met Bobby in, I think, 2005 in Granada. He was kind of the life of the party, a colorful personality as has been said.

I am saddened and shocked to hear of Bobby's death. I rented a room from him for 3 months in 2007, and got to know him fairly well (I met @tacomasteve, & @kevincookshow, among others, as well as renewing friendships with @catahoulafan & @kitcarson during my stay with him). He was a very unique person/character, and I know that he will be greatly missed, not just by his family in CA, but by his many friends & acquaintances in Granada.

Rest in peace, Bobby Craig H.

Blog Entries

I just want to make a few comments about my dear friend Bobby. In 2003, my husband and I arrived in Granada to deliver school supplies to La Esperanza. We met Bill Parker ( or Harper...I still don't know what his last name really was) and he introduced us to Bobby. After meeting Bobby, I knew that we would forever remain close friends. Bobby's vitality and humor were infectious. His humorous outlook on daily life in Nicaragua always put a smile on my face. He was the life of a party, which could be aggravating sometimes because he never knew when it was time to go home. He lived life on the edge, with a dash of cautionary thought thrown in to keep him safe. Bobby loved to share advice and stories about living in Nicaragua. One of my favorite stories was when Bobby took Paxeos van to MGA to catch a flight. Around 4:30am, the van hit a pregnant cow. The cow's head smashed through the windshield and the airbag exploded into Bobby's lap. Not wanting to miss his flight, he caught a taxi to the airport, covered in blood from the cow and powder from the airbag. You can imagine the looks he got from the airline. They offered him free drinks and a change of clothes. Paxeos was very grateful that Bobby never sued them, and in turn they always offered him a discount when using their service. There are givers and takers, and Bobby was definitely a giver. He took in injured animals and compassionately mended their injuries. Every time I'd visit Bobby, there would be an assortment of stray dogs, cats, parrots, and even a tortoise laying around with an assortment of ailments, bandages, and stitches. That same sentiment applied to people, too. I never knew what or whom to expect when I stayed at Bobby's house. For those of us that live in Nicaragua, we know that there are many challenges. Life here can never be called a paradise, nor is it predictable. Bobby was diagnosed with throat cancer a few months ago. His twin brother had died an agonizing death with stomach cancer in 2003. Bobby often told me that if he were ever diagnosed with cancer, he would rather take his own life than go through what his brother suffered. I saw Bobby becoming more despondent over this past year and there was nothing that anyone could do to pull him out of his depression....no matter how hard we tried. I'm going to miss Bobby terribly. I have many remembrances of Bobby around our house on Ometepe Island. Every time I would go to Granada, Bobby would give me banana trees, flower cuttings, and fruit trees. The day after Bobby died, our banana tree blossomed with dozens of baby bananas spiraling upward. Yesterday, Bobby's tortoise, Cuba, came to live with us. Good times, good memories. Bobby was cremated and his ashes are in Granada at a friend's house. We're going to plan a celebration of life in February. Bobby loved Lago de Apoyo, so I think that is where he would like his ashes sprinkled. When the plans for Bobby's celebration are complete, I will let everyone know. R.I.P my dear friend.

Gypsytoes: Do you (or does anyone else) know what happened to Bobby? I lived with him in CA for 5 years in the late 80's. Heard from him about 2 and 1/2 years ago.

thanks for any info.
    jmh

Greetings JMH, Gypsytoes hasn't posted in a while since someone was rude to her. I believe she has a blog though.

Thank you kwah2249. I contacted Gypsytoes through her blog.

Kind of shocked to read that Bobby took his own life. That's not the B I knew.
    Que raro.

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    Greetings JMH, Gypsytoes hasn't posted in a while since someone was rude to her. I believe she has a blog though.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I get pissed off when somebody takes their own life...

But then again I can understand when a painful (Physical existance) comes into play...

My father asked me to bring him the gun to end it. He was eat up with cancer. I wanted to but yet I didn't, Couldnt.....

So I got down on my knees and I talked to the Lord for a bit, and I asked him Please, I know he ain't gone get no better, but he in My opinion does not deservie this shit....

If you are the Lord of Hosts and hear my Cry... Take him, take him right now....

And he did...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Life is like a business.

When there remains no pleasure in the service and the rewards cease to be; then the closing of the doors at times takes away the pain of remaining in the skeleton of yesteryears.