Thread: Anyone seen the inflation as well??

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Default Anyone seen the inflation as well??

Aug 2010 Dec 2011
    FDC 4 yr 2L C$200 C$270
    Taxi C$15/psn C$20/psn
    3L Cola C$35 C$42
    Enchilada C$15 C$20

Only thing that seems to have held to the currency deflation is Tona @ $16.80 now Vs C$15. something last Aug
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Anyone seen the inflation as well??

You better believe I have in one year a flat of eggs from 90 to 120 Cordobas.

The price of rum made me sharply curtail my consumption of it, I do still have a couple of brews with pizza, Excuse me my Itiallian friends but I like it that way.

Gree Turtle meat has bone for a "Mixta" of it from 20 to 30 and 35 Cordobas a pound.

Ground beef has not gone up as much that I can see but the quality has gone down to make up for it.

Cheap chicken meat imported from the States has caused big problems for Tip Top and Pollo Estralla, but they were screwing the public anyway with added water weight to the finished product, I guess what goes around comes around but even so Chicken has jumped from 22 to somewhere between 25 to 30 Cordobas a pound depending where ya buy it and how much ya buy..
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

I bought a 3L Rojita for 35 cordobas a couple of days ago
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    I bought a 3L Rojita for 35 cordobas a couple of days ago
    I think that was 20-25 Cordobas a year ago.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I think that was 20-25 Cordobas a year ago.
    33% increase! That really sucks... Gas prices are too high, The world is making these Arabs too rich, there´s gotta be another source of energy
    Dios es Amor!

Blog Entries

Nothing like leaving a country and returning after a length of time to get a snaphot in time on a price. Most of us are like being boiled alive with the small increases that just occur every day. I went to buy some potato chips they other day and they were $4 a bag. Lots of things seem high to me. Gas is going down. I have seen gas for $3.20 gallon here. Many things that we consume go up and down in price based on fuel.
    Survivor

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Don't know about Nica but there are other alternatives for energy in personal transportation.

LNG/LPG was quite the deal when I was living in Thailand. Of course the setup in the car costs but it doesn't take long before it has paid itself. They didn't attach the fancy lube system for the valves so a decrease in the life span on the engine was expected with 10-15%

The consumption of gas was 30% higher than on gasoline but nobody cared. The price for LPG/LNG was under a third compared to regular gas. And you removed the evaporation factor that's on fuel.

There are some other drawbacks when running in a cold climate but it isn't applicable in thailand or Nica.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by El Greco View Post
    33% increase! That really sucks... Gas prices are too high, The world is making these Arabs too rich, there´s gotta be another source of energy
    There is, for instance the USA has the known largest most Carbon and Hydro Carbon resurves in the world unless I have been getting my facts from the National Lampoon magizine. There is no need to make Chavez and Muhamud and the likes rich from buying there just to see that money used as they do against the free world.

What stands in our way of independance from this maddness is the God D**N EPA and their useless and counter productive REGULATIONS (May all them basturds choke if I care) 500 years of Coal Resurves alone and we cannot clean up it's use? Kiss My Irish A** Oil resurves in Montana and Alaska, and Canada larger that all the Arab world combined? again Kiss My Irish A**

BP dumping one of the least sized oil spills on the Gulf of Mexico on a World Scale, Oh yes I saw all the hype and then the FACTS of other spills in the world BP's was a drop in the bucket. Don't get me wrong, I don't approve of that, but meanwhile AMERICAN companies have on a world scale the least problems with that kind of thing happening. OK I have spoken my peace on a Worldly International scale.

In Nicaragua several years ago on a trip to MGA I smelled something funny in a taxi, and I knew right away what it was. The internal Combustion Engine had been rusticly adapted to use "Tropi Gas" Ain't nothing wrong with it but Come on a cylinder not properly mounted in the trunk of the car and who knows what kind of jerry rigging with the hoses and regulators, OH God can you imagine the first class installations in a 3rd world country. To me it was like riding in a Car Bomb, all we lacked was to put sheets over our heads like the Palistinines do.

But what that does is cheat the Powers that be out of taxes becaus for the tax difference alone is what prohibits it from being done. There is little difference in the energy harnessed and released into motion in a pound of LP gas and Distilled Gasoline. They get ya with the tax applications. TO MY KNOWLAGE in MGA it is unlawful to do that and for a while the Transito's were on the look out for those doing it to curtail the it's growth.

Blog Entries

The talk over here is that we will be seeing a big jump in fuel prices after the first of the year, not sure if this has been in the paper or on TV, I have been lax on keeping up with news, but it seems like everywhere I went in the days leading up to Christmas people were discussing it. Fuel goes up and then Electric, one of the taxi men i know said he had started his life under a Kerosene lamp and that it was looking as if he would go out the same way.

Cooking gas is 360-370 cords for 25# tank, a sack of "coal" (charcoal) is up to 140 cords, was 100 last year this time, chicken is 25-30 cord #, cooking oil (Regia brand vegetable oil) was 90 cord for 1/2 gallon last week and the stuff they dip from 5 gallon buckets is only marginally cheaper.

Avocadoes have been real cheap (free), few more months and we will have mango like rice, and in the coming weeks the weather should calm down a bit so that I can get a few things in the garden, until then I have plenty of plantain, ayote, cassava, and of course black eyed peas.

Things could be worse.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe