Thread: Dentists in Granada

Default Dentists in Granada

I was back at my favorite dentists in Nicaragua - in Granada. Had a couple fillings re-filled. As good as ever this team of fine dentists!!! Click on the bottom two pictures for prices and instructions.

Fui de nuevo a visitar a mis dentistas favoritos en Granada, Nicaragua...para cambiar dos calzas. Este equipo de dentistas...pues bueno como siempre!!! Pinchá las dos fotos últimos para ver precios e instrucciones.

http://www.nicatourism.com

Default Re: Dentists in Granada

Anybody have bridge work in Nica? Cost? I have a broken tooth (I call it a stump) that I would need to have removed first and then the bridge work.
    I have dental insurance(u.s.a) but out of pocket would be $1,200 which I cant afford........I have no pain because I had root canal Years ago on that tooth.

Quote Originally Posted by Richit View Post
    Anybody have bridge work in Nica? Cost? I have a broken tooth (I call it a stump) that I would need to have removed first and then the bridge work.
    I have dental insurance(u.s.a) but out of pocket would be $1,200 which I cant afford........I have no pain because I had root canal Years ago on that tooth.
    I had dental work done by a Dr. Garcia in Esteli and found him to be excellant and reasonable on the cost. I am awaiting my return to Nicaragua to have him do more work, in fact I have requested a friend of mine to make an appointment for me with him on the day that I land. I have lost his card but he is very close to the banks in downtown central.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had one like that and I did this, or rather asked if it could be done and it was.

He put a pin all the way to my jow bone and cleaned up the stump and then made a cap and installed it. He had to take 3 of them silly puddy molds till he got one he was satifysied with made the crown and I went back and he installed it.

Been in rough service ever since had it done about 5 years ago and it is still going strong.

Cost about 25 dollars US here in Puerto Cabezas in one of the most rustic dintentist offices I have ever been in in my life. I did NOT want a good root pulled out and a bridge put in it;s place. I am very happy with the decision I made.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

We have a family friend who had what was $2200 worth of Canadian dental book value done down there for $200

My wife chipped a tooth in '03 and it was partially covered. IIRC we paid $300ish. Do not know what the book rate was for that repair BUT she chipped the same tooth while eating Nancite (sp?) on the Aug '10 trip. Repaired at local Masaya dentist $16.

During her dental check up here last spring she asked our dentist to check the tooth.. He was VERY impressed at the quality of work..
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??