Thread: bath floor

Active TRN Member

Default bath floor

i mixed blue ochre with the mortar. stones, with thanks, from the local beach.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Active TRN Member

Default Re: bath floor

Beautiful job!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by marlies View Post
    Beautiful job!
    Yes, Indeed it is...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

I like it - who says the base of a wall has to be a straight line?

You sure you're not an architect?

Active TRN Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    I like it - who says the base of a wall has to be a straight line?

You sure you're not an architect?
    there is not one straight wall nor corner in the house. the house plans were submitted to the alcadia on a napkin.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bc_hombre View Post
    there is not one straight wall nor corner in the house. the house plans were submitted to the alcadia on a napkin.

I just got an email from our alcaldia. It's an info bulletin stating -
    All new residential building permits submitted for plan review after May 15th 2012 will be required to submit documentation based on the 2010 Florida Energy Conservation Code including the software approved through the State of Florida which is now widely available [for $89 a year]. The documentation shall include a completed Table 402.4 air barrier and insulation inspection component criteria form. This form shall be used for building and inspection process to ensure compliance with the mandatory requirements of this chapter using testing option 402.4.2.1 or 402.4.2.2. A copy of this form shall be placed with the job-site documents for reference during construction.

Another required document is a mandatory Manual D or other standard based on the requirements of section 403.2.5 of the Florida Energy Conservation Code...

...403.2.5 Air distribution system sizing and design (Mandatory). All air distribution systems shall be sized and designed in accordance with recognized engineering standards such as ACCA Manual D or other standards based on the following:
    1. Calculation of the supply air for each room shall be based on the greater of the heating load or sensible cooling load for that room.
    2. Duct size shall be determined by the supply air requirements of each room, the available static pressure, and the total equivalent length of the various duct runs.
    3. Friction loss data shall correspond to the type of material used in duct construction
    In other words, the cost and time to design and build a house just went up.

The house is looking great inside, nice craftsmanship. How far along would you say you are on it?

Active TRN Member

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    The house is looking great inside, nice craftsmanship. How far along would you say you are on it?
    inside primed and installing the floors today. spiral stairs almost done, just waiting for the wood dude to finished rough cutting the balance of material. started the house in december more or less. taking my time, so another two months. have another to start hopefully in 3 months up in iguana.

Blog Entries

inside primed and installing the floors today. spiral stairs almost done, just waiting for the wood dude to finished rough cutting the balance of material. started the house in december more or less. taking my time, so another two months. have another to start hopefully in 3 months up in iguana.
    And then another on Little Corn Island, right Tom?

Blog Entries

Are you using locals for your labor?

Looks like you have a good thing going over there. We can't feel your headaches here of managing a project like that, but there must be something? Seems everyone that is trying to get anything done on this sort of scale does a lot of complaining. It ain't any better here. I had a guy tell me he could build me a pole/barn garage in three days and it took him three month. And that has to be the most simple design that will pass code in my country.

Thanks again for your threads. Those are just the kind of thing this site needs.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    And then another on Little Corn Island, right Tom?
    Sure works for me...this guy has far more imagination than I do.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Active TRN Member

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    Are you using locals for your labor?

Looks like you have a good thing going over there. We can't feel your headaches here of managing a project like that, but there must be something? Seems everyone that is trying to get anything done on this sort of scale does a lot of complaining. It ain't any better here. I had a guy tell me he could build me a pole/barn garage in three days and it took him three month. And that has to be the most simple design that will pass code in my country.

Thanks again for your threads. Those are just the kind of thing this site needs.
    yes, all local yokels. i scored on all of them. they are a lot of fun and always give me over 100%. i treat them well and it all comes back i suppose. fenosa has been my only issue and the electrician. i decided a couple of days ago to flush the money i have spent and go another route. probably the best money i have ever lost.
    i have learnt that when they say manana, it means in a week or two and horita means sometime this week. if you are an A type personality, you are not going to make it here.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

yes, all local yokels. i scored on all of them. they are a lot of fun and always give me over 100%. i treat them well and it all comes back i suppose. fenosa has been my only issue and the electrician. i decided a couple of days ago to flush the money i have spent and go another route. probably the best money i have ever lost.
    i have learnt that when they say manana, it means in a week or two and horita means sometime this week. if you are an A type personality, you are not going to make it here.
    A self punished Missionanary and his wife years ago was here on their own nickel of all things.

But Bob used to say about doing things here, it tickled me then and still does. It is one of those things ya never forget....

John, he said... That's good enough for the girls we go with.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...