Thread: Dentist in Managua

Default Dentist in Managua

Greetings, all! My husband & I are planning a first time trip to Nicaragua and want to have dental work done. The two primary names that I came up with are Dr. David Madriz & Dr. Marco Monalgo. Dr. Monalgo seems to have the most up to date equipment that I am used to here in the states, tons of web presence but can't find any reviews on this guy. I researched Costa Rica and that is obviously a more popular destination for medical tourism. I would appreciate any input here. Thanks much~
    jan

Default Re: Dentist in Managua

I have also travelled to Nicaragua and when in country, I have dental work done
    in Esteli. The work is excellent and can be inexpensive. The reason that I say
    this is due to the fact that I have used two dentists there; one which speaks perfect
    English and one to which doesn't.
    You can guess as to which is the costlier.
    My work was and included several root canals, two permanent porcelain bridges, and
    one porcelain cap.
    I found that the non-English speaking dentist was equal on the work, as they both
    used the same lab for the bridges, but he was 60% less expensive. At any rate,
    the dentist understands upon the examination as to what must be done; all I had to
    do was to keep the appointment and make payment upon completion.

Quote Originally Posted by robertharvey View Post
    I have also travelled to Nicaragua and when in country, I have dental work done
    in Esteli. The work is excellent and can be inexpensive. The reason that I say
    this is due to the fact that I have used two dentists there; one which speaks perfect
    English and one to which doesn't.
    You can guess as to which is the costlier.
    My work was and included several root canals, two permanent porcelain bridges, and
    one porcelain cap.
    I found that the non-English speaking dentist was equal on the work, as they both
    used the same lab for the bridges, but he was 60% less expensive. At any rate,
    the dentist understands upon the examination as to what must be done; all I had to
    do was to keep the appointment and make payment upon completion.
    I you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for a porcalain bridge? My cost in The USA out of pocket with my insurance is over a 1,100 when I priced it 2 years ago..

Quote Originally Posted by Richit View Post
    I you don't mind me asking how much did you pay for a porcalain bridge? My cost in The USA out of pocket with my insurance is over a 1,100 when I priced it 2 years ago..
    Both were three tooth spans and from the English speaker, including root canals, was $1200.00 and the none English speaking dentist was $400.00. Recently had a cap replaced with a procelain cap for $C1,000.00 or $50.00.

Blog Entries

I wish I were there right now... I need some work done.
    Survivor

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

I had a tooth refilled lately, it was something like 400 cordobas...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

The one bridge I need has a broken toothe (stump) that would have to be removed. Has any one had oral surgery in Nicaragua? can these same dentists do the surgery? Damn I'm getting old talkin about bridge work and crowns (44) The savings would pay for the R/T plane ticket

Blog Entries

I can say this, I think anything done anywhere else can be had here, just a matter of asking about. I got several crowns and fillings, a root canal done and a impacted wisdom tooth that had to be busted and taken out in pieces right here in Port.

I don't see any problem with a dental vacation (Laughing as I wrote the word "vacation", I ain't never liked a trip to the dentest anywhere I have been)
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    I can say this, I think anything done anywhere else can be had here, just a matter of asking about. I got several crowns and fillings, a root canal done and a impacted wisdom tooth that had to be busted and taken out in pieces right here in Port.

I don't see any problem with a dental vacation (Laughing as I wrote the word "vacation", I ain't never liked a trip to the dentest anywhere I have been)
    Yup, I fear dentists, they had to hold me down in the chair because I'd fight with the dentist when I was a Little boy. I also feared the barber in the 70's when I was a boy I wanted my hair longer but the barber always gave me a crew cut with my mother secretly telling him "shorter....shorter..."

I need a root canal. Does anyone know of a dentist in Rivas? If not, I'll drive to Managua. Need not speak English, just need low price and above all competence. Thanx!

Quote Originally Posted by augman View Post
    I need a root canal. Does anyone know of a dentist in Rivas? If not, I'll drive to Managua. Need not speak English, just need low price and above all competence. Thanx!
    Stop by BAC and speak to the Branch Manager there. Tell him his brother sent you, and to give you the address of Maria Auxiliadora Viales. She is a great dentist. If you have any problems, PM me.

I have a couple of posts on my blog about a really good dentist office in Granada...really cheap cause it's subsidized by a U.S. based dentist.

Here are my thoughts on the place:

First post

Second post

Dr. Mongalo has been my dentist since I was a boy, He is very well respected in Nicaraguan society.
    Dios es Amor!

Dr. Kenneth, and I forget his last name but I can get it if it is really wanted, in Villa Fontana in Managua is excellent. He practices about 2 weeks out of 6 in Miami, and the rest in Managua. He did a very complicated procedure on my wife, with great results. Never have to wait and he has his sheet together.

TRN Member

Hi! Please, can somebody give me an advice? I have a small problem, just a cavity (hopefully!). Can I find a decent dentist from Puerto Cabezas or is it better to get the thing done in Managua? Puerto would be much more convenient, but if it's too risky, maybe it would be betterto get it done in Managua? Thank You!

Blog Entries

JW will know one there in Port, we even have 2 Here. sure he will jump in soon if not I will give him a shout.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Member

Thank You! I'm not in a rush, got to kill 3 weeks before I get there.

Blog Entries

Hell....JP will probably do it himself for you ....He has a rebuilt rototiller now.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Some FDC, a Dremel tool, ten bucks max.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Some FDC, a Dremel tool, ten bucks max.
    I'll provide the Dremel tool, if I can watch.

I think he might be able to sell tickets, not too much entertainment down here.

Just the one cavity ? (I'm calculating our potential gate)
    Last edited by KeyWestPirate; 06-15-2014 at 07:31 AM.

Blog Entries

I know a good dentist or two..

One is VERY rustic that I like the best, and the other is a female that has a rather NICE office if that is what ya call it where that chair sits with all the lights in ya face and an array of things made out of Stainless..

I take my children there to either one and I go myself.....

The rustic dentist put me a crown on for like 200 cordobas. I am happy with it, I have one he did 10 years ago and it still works even with the beef here that is better to eat the outside than the inside of...

TRN Member

Thank You very much. Will ask directions on the second week of july. In return I can suggest real good dentist in Sinai. Implants for something like $ 400.- etc.

Quote Originally Posted by tomfromsinai View Post
    Thank You very much. Will ask directions on the second week of july. In return I can suggest real good dentist in Sinai. Implants for something like $ 400.- etc.

Do we have a $400 implant guy here in Nicaragua?