Thread: cheles truck

Default cheles truck

i know that i look hard enough i could probably find all the information however i would still have questions so i feel that it would be better to come hear and ask first.

my brother in law chele came across a little Toyota truck. in doing so he was granted a license to have his own route in condega. wife calls it a line or something. anyway he is actually doing very good. he goes and waits on the busses to arrive and then he picks up people with their bags of rice and stuff then drives them to their houses.
    seriously i think that he is on to something hear. he can carry a little more that a taxi and he is picking up little trips on the side too.

anyway his truck is diesel and he said that it has allot of different parts from other trucks. not really sure what that means but still i am not really good with working on a truck like this.

so the question is what would be the chances of sending my 1991 Toyota to Nicaragua?

the reason for this is because i have had the truck for so long that i know it inside and out. i drive it everyday to work and to me it is very well maintained.
    i have replaced timing chains every 100k as well as the oil every 5000k. always put a new air filter in every year. everything on it is or has been replaced or taken care of.

also since i am in condega every 6 months i could take oil filters down and what ever else it needs to keep it up.

i normally don't go around and give trucks away but in this case i feel different. my wifes family never ask for much. they have been really good to me and they for the most part don't try and hit the gringo up for money. they all work very hard and take care of their selves with out me. for this reason i cannot help but offer help from time to time.

what i am thinking of doing if this will work is putting the truck in my wifes name since she is from Nicaragua.
    then i would drive the truck to Huston and give it to my brother in law and let him load it onto his 18 wheeler. he would then take it to Nicaragua.
    now i am wondering what i would have to do for it to stay legally in Nicaragua?
    my little girl

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: cheles truck

Vern, we have been over this viechkle thing on several threasd so far. and in all of it I glean that older cars and trucks are verbotton...

Perhaps you can send it in parts and pieces without trouble at all, Damn if I know, but some others might..
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by vern View Post
    what i am thinking of doing if this will work is putting the truck in my wifes name since she is from Nicaragua.
    then i would drive the truck to Huston and give it to my brother in law and let him load it onto his 18 wheeler. he would then take it to Nicaragua.
    now i am wondering what i would have to do for it to stay legally in Nicaragua?
    There are (were?) laxer rules for pickups as my Mazda B2200 (93) made the trip in 2008.

$1600 in fees had to be paid, and it took 5 months total. ( a shipping container was involved)
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Active TRN Member

hi vern..have ure wife call a nica. consulate near u..u might be able to transfer the truck in her name..and she bring it in country..but..the truck might be to old..good luck

Thanks that is a good idea. I have their # too
    my little girl

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

vern.

Other than the cost of shipping it, if sent in your wife's name,whom you said is a Nicaragua,as long as she has been leaving ABROAD for more than 3 years, she IS entitled to import a vehicule worth a total value of $25K, the age does NOT apply if your wife has never imported a vehicule, so a 1945-1969-1991 would be fine. Good luck.

P.S. could someone PLEASE save this freaking response.

Thanks that is a good idea. I have their # too

No cost for shipping. I will just take it to huston. My brother in law drives down every month or so.

Will the truck need to pass an inspection?
    my little girl

Active TRN Member

No cost for shipping. I will just take it to huston. My brother in law drives down every month or so.

Will the truck need to pass an inspection?
    yep..but should be no problem..a couple bucks goes a long way

I wonder if the truck will need to be inspected once in Nicaragua?
    my little girl

Blog Entries

The truck,will need the inspection once cleared by customs,you will need the inspection in order to get the truck's registration,then that's it.

I wonder if the truck will need to be inspected once in Nicaragua?

I wonder on the inspection if it is one that you Pay extra to pass?
    my little girl

Blog Entries

extra being as little as $500 cordobas.

I wonder on the inspection if it is one that you Pay extra to pass?

Wife called miami yesterday and the lady said the truck should be 2005 - 2012
    my little girl

well after my wife has made a couple of phone calles to the same place and every time she gets a different answer i feel that maybe i should pass on this one.

i feel that malybe i would end up paying more to get the truck than what i paid for the truck.

i guess i am just going to help chele keep his truck up and maybe look for one in nicaragua to buy when i get a chance
    my little girl

i was reading this just now.

thought i would follow up. my brother in law ended up finding a 92 toyota just like the one that i have.

their was something wrong with the rear end. may the previous owner went into it and did something. it made a very bad sound when driven.

he still drove it like that a year.

still i could not get the idea out of my mind as to how to help him.

them about two years ago while i was their for new years, we went and looked around and found a guy that had a toyota that he brought from the states down in parts.

we haggled around and i ended up giving him 150 for the rear end and i would give him the old one.

every one laughed at me cause they thought it was a bad idea and it would take to long.

the guy delivered the rear end around 6pm and by 10 pm that night we were out riding around in condega. without the grinding noise.
    my little girl

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Rear ends appear to be one of the two demons of the gen 1 Tundra's as well.

Issue #1 is the frame which had rust issues - THat was made worse with Toyota's fis beings a moisture sealing coating which just sealed the moisture in and made the rust even faster.

Issue #2 is where the pumpkin on tht rear axel would rust and have pin holes and allow the fluid to drain, destroying the rear end.

Once the Hy-N-Dry Santa Fe heads down to Nica (Summer or Fall 2020) I will probably replace it with a mid 10's tacoma - Hopefully my last vehicle.
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Quote Originally Posted by bill_bly_ca View Post
    Rear ends appear to be one of the two demons of the gen 1 Tundra's as well.

Issue #1 is the frame which had rust issues - THat was made worse with Toyota's fis beings a moisture sealing coating which just sealed the moisture in and made the rust even faster.

Issue #2 is where the pumpkin on tht rear axel would rust and have pin holes and allow the fluid to drain, destroying the rear end.

Once the Hy-N-Dry Santa Fe heads down to Nica (Summer or Fall 2020) I will probably replace it with a mid 10's tacoma - Hopefully my last vehicle.
    this was a small toyota pickup 2wd has the 22re. the rear ends always seem to hold up pretty good but i never did find out what was wrong with the old one.
    my little girl

Viejo del Foro el duende grande's Avatar
    Blog Entries

When I registered my pickup the think that amazed me most was that they were very picky about matching up the vin numbers in various places, even though it was new bought directly from Casa pellas.

"Support mental health or I'll break your head"

Quote Originally Posted by el duende grande View Post
    When I registered my pickup the think that amazed me most was that they were very picky about matching up the vin numbers in various places, even though it was new bought directly from Casa pellas.
    same with us. we purchased a new one in 05. i was surprised at all the test they did on the truck to have it registered even though it was purchased from casa pellas. who knows
    my little girl