Thread: A Nice Little Shower

Blog Entries

Default A Nice Little Shower

Had 3.5 inches of rainfall yesterday. Since 6am this morning we have had 5 inches. Raining now and no end in sight. July is Here.

‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Active TRN Member

Default Re: A Nice Little Shower

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Had 3.5 inches of rainfall yesterday. Since 6am this morning we have had 5 inches. Raining now and no end in sight. July is Here.

does that satellite show it heading towards popoyo? my well is dry. only 5-10 minutes a day with the pump. never thought i would be wanting rain so much.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

That is good to know, I hope it is a frog strangler coming my way...

I dug a ditch on my property that I dug to binefit all as a road drainage. Mr, Steve continued it from mine on his to Mr. Dales and he done it on to a main ditch, all of it on our property.

Well since the wicked witch of the DAC run Mr. Steve's butt and put on the property a Bordel/Cantina the ditch started as is normal operating procedure for here to get full of and carrying trash down it to Mr. Dales place.

He tried being gentlemanly about it and called it to the attention of the business owner who promptly said it wan't her or her clients those rich narco traficantes don't do that.

BS, Most everyone here does that, there are only a few that don't..

So Mr. Dale stops up his part of the ditch, Well the trashing continued and was ganging up on the business owners end of the ditch.

So she stopped up the end of mine, but her trash problem continued. I have a place to burn mine and I am not raising my kids to be whitefaced monkeys.

Well here come the last rain, nobody could pass the road, I of course laughed, it soon will not be my problem anyway.

BUT I had a gift given to me of about 15 loads of beach sand, I have completely filled the 200 foot ditch on my property and will reclaim to the road where the line is. Screw 'em all, let it tear up the road so nobody can pass as before. (But I can) Actually I was laughing the whole time I was filling the ditch...

Come on Rain...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Just dumped the gauge, 6.5" in the past 24 hours, 3.5" the 24 hrs before that. 10" in 48 hours, nothing strange for this time of year. Radar and forecast show plenty more of the same until Monday.

‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Here in S. Alberta, we have had on average in the area 10" rain fall since April 1. This is about 2" more than the average for the entire growing season ( April 01/Sept 30) We are wet but the crops are doing great, although lots of disease showing up. the main crops here are wheat and canola, with some local areas producing everything from sugar beats to onions to sweet corn and other vegetables (under irrigation). It's turning hot and dry now thank goodness, otherwise we would have had a disaster. We haven't had rain for a few days but there is still water laying in the fields. I have said this before, but i cannot imagine anything growing with that amount of moisture ( on Corn Island) and not be full of disease. I realize plants have a way of adapting over generations but normally lower yielding. The idea with food production is to always strive for more yield. this is the way and the only way to feed the planet. Certain people will always disagree with this idea and insist that no one should mess with local varieties etc. If these people had their way we all be starving. it's a fact. that is why i am so appreciative of your (cookshow and mariles and others) experiments with different techniques, introducing other varieties and production methods etc. you are pioneers and someone should be paying attention. when people say that the world is running out of food all you have to do is look at India. Biggest food producer in the world and their production on a per hectare basis is less than a third of ours in Canada. It's all about land ownership and ....credit. if they owned the land they could get credit for seeds and fertilizer etc. their production would go crazy. they're not bad farmers. just can't afford the inputs. Ok my rant is over

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Just dumped the gauge, 6.5" in the past 24 hours, 3.5" the 24 hrs before that. 10" in 48 hours, nothing strange for this time of year. Radar and forecast show plenty more of the same until Monday.

11:49 PM Local last night

A puff of wind woke the woman.. John get up and check the house it is raining...

Ahhhh, (OK, look around) Yep, it's raining alright, what ya want me ta do? Stop it?

Go check the house, see if all the winders are closed...

I look around and guess what the mud hole in the street is? To the neck full and the stream from it tearing up the two ruts in the road in runoff...

I laugh like a crazy man...

And go back to bed. I don't need a Cayuco to get in and out... They do...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...