Thread: Catch of the day 7-10-2012

Pinolero De Cepa!! FisherCigarman's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Catch of the day 7-10-2012

Warsaw Grouper on my mind.

This fella hit one of mine long line proto types baited with a whole Sardine.
    It's a 36 Pounder , unfortunately a Jew Fish fell to another hook(they are NOT protected in Nicaragua) they taste Great, this was a 38 Pounder. not bad huh?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries

Default Re: Catch of the day 7-10-2012

Not bad at all!

Blog Entries

Nice catch Felix.....
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    Nice catch Felix.....
    Yes it is.

Nice sign, while ya proto type is working, look for rocks and wrecks and lance them with the one armed bandit type rigs. Ya can do it by hand if you are not in too deep of water. Three to six or eight of them Warsaws or Chocolates to the lance will put the meat on ya boat at the end of the day. You will be the one with bugged all out eyes then...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

BTW how many bare hooks came up? I think you will fair better with squid for bait, it is tougher, the smaller fish will cause a scandle attacking it, and the bigger ones will hear it and the next thing ya know........
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

CONGRATS!
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

yup it was a proto type, 45 hooks, 20 baited with sardines and 25 with squid,we cought on 20 of them, the better catch was on the squid,we caught on only 8 sardine hooks. versus 18 on the squid,but we only let it soaked for 2 hours,sooner than I'd liked. we'll do an overniter sometime this week. with 250 hooks

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    BTW how many bare hooks came up? I think you will fair better with squid for bait, it is tougher, the smaller fish will cause a scandle attacking it, and the bigger ones will hear it and the next thing ya know........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FisherCigarman View Post
    yup it was a proto type, 45 hooks, 20 baited with sardines and 25 with squid,we cought on 20 of them, the better catch was on the squid,we caught on only 8 sardine hooks. versus 18 on the squid,but we only let it soaked for 2 hours,sooner than I'd liked. we'll do an overniter sometime this week. with 250 hooks
    Ok now youre' talking, If it were me on an over nighter or just a long soak I would have the leaders off the main line a bit lengthy 4 to 8 feet, I do that anyway to keep down shark attacks on your fish. Believe me it makes a difference. And it doesn't matter, day soak or night soak, it has to do with the tides. If your electronics has a feature to set a tide clock; set and watch that faithfully, you will see what I am talking about. It won't help ya a lot on a long soak. But you will notice it greatly when lancing a Rock or wreck that is fast work.

This is so you can time what ya want to do during slack feeding times. Right at Daylight and sunset has an effect as well, don't ask me why; I can't answer that but it does. After you get to a certain depth there is no light or dark difference.

An area can support only a certain amount of big fish otherwise they get weak from hunger and are targets for the sharks, or they move on, that drive/will to eat ya know. When ya thin out the bigger ones it leaves more food supply for the younger ones coming along. The "June Fish" as the Indians call them here, or "Garganuain Grouper" to others in these days of not wanting to offend anyone; are pretty much loners, you gone catch one once in a while, I wouldn't worry about it, I know it ain't gone go to waste. So I see no problem with targeting the big fish of the species that often school.

Tight Lines my friend.

Blog Entries

Thank Youuuuuuu my red neck partner!!! I am writting this stuff down..

Downhere these fish are working with the phaces of the moon,the silk snappers(the big ones) have began to spawn in mass school,every new moon,they tare out the squid,last month on the new moon,over 15K worth of big silk snappers were being caught EVERYDAY for 4 days. the moon changed,so did the bite,they are still there,but reluctant to bite,or the fishermen have not figured a way to catch them YET. sooner or later I will.
    so any pointers on these big fish,will be much appreciated.

BTW,right now my leaders are 6 feet apart :-) . you were right on on that one,so was I .

Felix

Ok now youre' talking, If it were me on an over nighter or just a long soak I would have the leaders off the main line a bit lengthy 4 to 8 feet, I do that anyway to keep down shark attacks on your fish. Believe me it makes a difference. And it doesn't matter, day soak or night soak, it has to do with the tides. If your electronics has a feature to set a tide clock; set and watch that faithfully, you will see what I am talking about. It won't help ya a lot on a long soak. But you will notice it greatly when lancing a Rock or wreck that is fast work.

This is so you can time what ya want to do during slack feeding times. Right at Daylight and sunset has an effect as well, don't ask me why; I can't answer that but it does. After you get to a certain depth there is no light or dark difference.

An area can support only a certain amount of big fish otherwise they get weak from hunger and are targets for the sharks, or they move on, that drive/will to eat ya know. When ya thin out the bigger ones it leaves more food supply for the younger ones coming along. The "June Fish" as the Indians call them here, or "Garganuain Grouper" to others in these days of not wanting to offend anyone; are pretty much loners, you gone catch one once in a while, I wouldn't worry about it, I know it ain't gone go to waste. So I see no problem with targeting the big fish of the species that often school.

Tight Lines my friend.

Blog Entries

Ok, now you see the relation, the moon controls the tide and a few human disires as well, ( I ani't gone get into that part)

Nice fish!

Blog Entries

Felix, where the hell you at you Cigarfishingthang....

I lost ya phone number...

Felix, where the hell you at you Cigarfishingthang....

I lost ya phone number...
    I tried to PM him last month have t heard back. Must be fishin with the young one