Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Ain't Right

Blog Entries

Default Just Ain't Right

Been on the straight and narrow the past few weeks, something this morning was eating at me to get "normal" so I did. Sober or Drunk what came at me was hard to swallow.

Some neighbors are having some sort of marital problems, I could elaborate a great deal, and did today, to the husband and wife, but this ain't the place for it.

A 7 yr old and a 7 month old involved. The 7 yr old told his parents he was coming to live with me. I got room and he knows he is welcome. He half lives here anyway.

Now the baby, I am handy but a baby is over my head. I spend a few hours a day babysitting him, and I hate to see either the mother or father take him, neither really want him anyway.

People are f++king crazy, like to enjoy the good feelings, but too lazy to mind the results of their enjoyment.

Kevito napping yesterday.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just Ain't Right

That is sad Cookshoe. Damn I know the feeling.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Guess I better add one more thing before I go to bed, so I don't wake up and have to read a bunch of Bull Shit. Mizz Brown I am not a Gringo Pedophile, my thing is actually for old chicks, and Dark Skinned. I can provide testimonials if you feel the need to vet me.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

miz brown is an older brown chic!

good on you for taking care of kids....
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    miz brown is an older brown chic!

good on you for taking care of kids....
    D I am talkin about a few a shades darker than Brown.
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Guess I better add one more thing before I go to bed, so I don't wake up and have to read a bunch of Bull Shit. Mizz Brown I am not a Gringo Pedophile, my thing is actually for old chicks, and Dark Skinned. I can provide testimonials if you feel the need to vet me.
    Get some rest, knowing that you are trying to go the right thing..

I do not think anyone, including the lady from the North, is thinking anything negative regarding your post

Maybe a couple of the church's on Big Corn and assist them in resolving issues.

PP

Blog Entries

The 7 year old, Tom has seen him plenty. He is part of my house and knows he has a home here, get a belly full and a bed to sleep in. He is ok, but old enogh to catch some of the banter betwen his parents. Both of the parents are less than trash, would not piss on either if they were on fire.

Not my Rodeo.
    Ernie K Doe

I hate to see or.read about stuff like.this
    I have always liked kids but never wanted any till I or we had the one on my aviator.
    Now I an crazy about this little Punkin
    Sometimes I guess if I can not change the world then at least I can try to give this one the best start in life.
    I love making her laugh and I hate having to punish her but it is only in love.
    I am always very proud to take her places cause she acts.so good.
    All the other brats are acting up but she always is on her best behavior

Hats off to you cookshow. Your doing a good thing.
    Old fart has a big heart.
    my little girl

Blog Entries

I am sort of getting into my grand parent years, 51. I have a couple grandish kids of my own and these kids have multiple grand parents and young great grand parents. The reason I say this is because the age of the kids having kids in our family is pretty young, or at the least pretty immature. Good kids, but they are ill equipped to raise these kids on their own, although they are in their early twenties. They are lucky they have a close extended family. I think it is necessary for young people to have help and is the way it has always been.

It is sad to hear of children suffering at such innocent ages. Jack McGee buys strange kids ice cream cones, Kevin always helps his neighbors and I seem to remember LCT bringing things to the children in his travels. It has to provide a lot of joy to give so little and be able get such appreciation. You have always been out in the open Kevin, the pinatas, the jam and sometimes just basic food. That coupled with acting as a mentor and teaching people like Ismael has always made you an exceptional person. I don't think anyone would suspect anything underhanded in your motives, and frankly, it is not even worth mentioning.

I hope you keep up the good work and follow your heart.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

The norm here, Well, much of it anyway as I have seen is the younger ones have the babies, and a grand parent or Aunt, older cousin, or sister raise the child. Often another family which then becomes an extended family. This occurs mainly in the lower social stratta.

It is a piece of sh*t way to do it IMO because more often than not they come up completely wild often repeating the cycle. But it ain't just here this happens. City life is a bitch in any country.

Taking on children means ya gone have to have a full time woman in the house to not only help out, but to act as a chaperone. Just that simple. This I know because some peoples minds are so in the gutter they think everyone else is as well.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

The one saving grace here as well is large extended families. Large families are the norm here 5-10 siblings is normal. Nowadays most people are having fewer kids, but the people my age all come from large families.

Birth control is easy and free here, they give injections for 3 months protection, takes a minute to go and get, or if you want any # of stores sell the injection and you can do it yourself.

Neither of these parents work nor do either have any intention of ever doing so. Diapers are 2 for $1 here, baby food is nearly $1 a jar. Babies are expensive, a 3 month injection is free.

I have spent a lot of time here and my neighbors would tell you I am more like them than like a White Man, but there are parts of the culture that are hard to get used to.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

The only person I've accused of being interested in pubescent girls too young to know what they were up against (as in whoring under age 18) had defended the practice as a way to provide money for poor families. Another person was spreading bad information about Costa Rican law -- it's 18 to be a whore either country. Costa Rica doesn't seem to catch everyone coming in for 15 year old rent girls and boys, but nope, it's not legal.

Whoring is a whole different thing than sleeping with people voluntarily. I think age of consent for sex between consenting minors should be two years beyond puberty (and can see banning 20+ age differences for under 18) but the girl should have long term contraceptive injections until she knows how she's going to raise her children.

As for raising the boy, if he's chosen to be with you most of the time, it's probably a good thing. As for the mother, I'll chip in $10 to the cost of getting her tubes tied.

If you want to know what I think about something, ask me, not some goofball exaggerating or lying about what I said.

First thing I thought when I read your post is that it sounds like the boy knows his own mind. Some children are amazing resilient and do things like find new homes for themselves when their natural parents don't work out. Even some dogs (one of the collie pups I sold didn't like her first owners and found another home for herself and the first owners were decent enough to let her go with the home she picked).

Blog Entries

You are So right. and the "Parts of it" Don't think I will ever get used to it... I guess I just kinda fade it out, because it does still bother me.

Blog Entries

The difference in cultures is extremely different.

I see a lot of women have children for attention and support.

In the USA young women can have babies at any age, get on welfare, and gain independence from their parents. For a girl in her young teens, she can get her own house and get on a long list of benefits by just having a baby. Society says to not blame the baby and we can't. The girl can use the baby as a credit card to get anything she wants. Indeed there are generations of women that have done just what I mentioned.

I know a girl (21) that has a cute little baby girl. This young mother has No Problem telling any of us how tough her life is financially and we always do whatever she needs (for the baby 2 1/2 years now). I have gotten this baby to love me by showing her how to use the computer to play her favorite videos. When I come over she climbs on my lap and says, "Happy". That is short for playing the video on a laptop of children singing the song, If you are happy and you know it clap your hands. There are thousands of videos on youtube for children. We also take her walking and buy her pretty much Anything she wants. She is starting to call me grampa or papa now and it makes my heart melt. But the mother is a piece of shit. She plays the baby like a chess piece for us to do things for her. The girl has no plan to ever work and her man is in school. He skates around when he is not in school and just hangs out. I didn't have any kids until I was nearly 26 and the reason was so that I would have enough money to properly take care of them. I think the attitude of a lot of young people is that if you have the baby the money will come. But we really try to do stuff just for the baby. There are rumors that some of the things people buy for the baby are returned to the store for a cash refund. And the mother tries to play cool with us unless we do stuff for her personally. I now I am ranting, but this really pisses me off.

I am with JW on this and it may do you well to hire a nanny or something. I always worry when I am around young girls. I worry that if I do not give them something they want or we have an argument they can always say that I did something wrong with them. It would be impossible to prove something that didn't happen, but once people throw accusations out there you may never live them down. And some people would promote the idea that you got away with something. I have never known anyone personally that did something strange or perverted, but the news if full of them every single day. Watching the news you would think that every man out there has a perverted streak. Well I have my streaks, but they never involved anyone underage.

I am sure this will all work out, but just make sure you make the extra effort to spotlight your intentions are in the best interest of everyone concerned.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    As for the mother, I'll chip in $10 to the cost of getting her tubes tied.
    Not only is birth control easy here, sterilization is as well, she got cut when she had this baby, otherwise she would probably be big belly right now.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Not only is birth control easy here, sterilization is as well, she got cut when she had this baby, otherwise she would probably be big belly right now.
    Well, glad to hear that. When I lived in rural Virginia, the local Social Services had an unofficial but highly important rule that if a woman was on welfare (and most get off in two years), she wasn't going to have another child as long as abortion was legal in Virginia and the county would fund the abortion, apparently. The only women who refused to cooperate were Hispanic Catholics, which pissed the local Social Services people off quite a lot. Everyone else did what Social Services told them to do -- and didn't have more kids at taxpayer expense. This would drive the religious far right into flaming hysterics, but it seems reasonable to me. The taxpayers will keep the mom and the children she had under better conditions alive, but wouldn't pay for new babies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Playa Pete View Post
    Get some rest, knowing that you are trying to go the right thing..

I do not think anyone, including the lady from the North, is thinking anything negative regarding your post

Maybe a couple of the church's on Big Corn and assist them in resolving issues.

PP

Um, only from the north of Nicaragua. I was born in a border state (Louisville, KY) and lived in South Carolina from age 3 to 15, and in NC from age 15 to 20. Dad's family is from the Virginia hills.

As for Cookshow, kids who at that age move out of bad situations on their own tend to be remarkable and resilient kids, with good judgment about people. Keep the kid in school, tutor him beyond what the school does, and if I'm still around and kicking when he graduates from high school, I'll pay for an application (circa $50 mas o menos) to an Ivy League college (if he's that smart at 7, he'll be flexible enough to do well anywhere at 18 and his story is unusual enough to get him a full ride at the schools with good endowments).

You might want to get the cedula now so you can legally adopt him (this won't give him US citizenship and you have to promise to live here until he's eighteen to adopt a Nicaraguan child in Nicaragua), but my understanding is that nobody really cares that much if he's being properly taken care of.

Blog Entries

Sadly the smartest kids here are ill equiped for a higher education in the sense most of us think about. Most are bilingual, many are trilingual, but ask them to spell (correctly) a word in any language and you will get a blank stare. Education is a real problem, the teachers do well with what they have but they can only teach up to what they know, and in some cases that ain't much.

My friend Ismael, I have wrote about him many times, he is an exceptional young man, and that is a problem, what realistic options does he have, not many. He is as well educated as you will find here but I am not sure it is enough for him to study (successfully) in the States.

Far as adopting, no interest in that, better I watch a guardian get to take his father to the Judge every month for the next several years to either have him pay support or sit in jail. Paying support would mean work, my guess, he will choose jail.
    Ernie K Doe

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    Um, only from the north of Nicaragua. I was born in a border state (Louisville, KY) and lived in South Carolina from age 3 to 15, and in NC from age 15 to 20. Dad's family is from the Virginia hills.

As for Cookshow, kids who at that age move out of bad situations on their own tend to be remarkable and resilient kids, with good judgment about people. Keep the kid in school, tutor him beyond what the school does, and if I'm still around and kicking when he graduates from high school, I'll pay for an application (circa $50 mas o menos) to an Ivy League college (if he's that smart at 7, he'll be flexible enough to do well anywhere at 18 and his story is unusual enough to get him a full ride at the schools with good endowments).

You might want to get the cedula now so you can legally adopt him (this won't give him US citizenship and you have to promise to live here until he's eighteen to adopt a Nicaraguan child in Nicaragua), but my understanding is that nobody really cares that much if he's being properly taken care of.
    Dear MizBrown;

Clearly, I meant "from the North of NicaLand"...and also know from your various posts your wonderful family history...and the connection with the South.

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Playa Pete View Post
    Dear MizBrown;

Clearly, I meant "from the North of NicaLand"...and also know from your various posts your wonderful family history...and the connection with the South.

PP

I'm a Manhattanized Southerner -- really wicked combination, actually.

Blog Entries

Sadly the smartest kids here are ill equiped for a higher education in the sense most of us think about. Most are bilingual, many are trilingual, but ask them to spell (correctly) a word in any language and you will get a blank stare. Education is a real problem, the teachers do well with what they have but they can only teach up to what they know, and in some cases that ain't much.

My friend Ismael, I have wrote about him many times, he is an exceptional young man, and that is a problem, what realistic options does he have, not many. He is as well educated as you will find here but I am not sure it is enough for him to study (successfully) in the States.

Far as adopting, no interest in that, better I watch a guardian get to take his father to the Judge every month for the next several years to either have him pay support or sit in jail. Paying support would mean work, my guess, he will choose jail.

I knew a family of exceptional kids in NC who overcame being the black boy children of a single mother with crappy taste in men, apparently. They did got out of the hole through sports scholarships. With any kid who is bright enough, you can give them extra added stimulus and tutoring or access to the internet that the local school doesn't give them. My escape from my situation was through books at the college library and a couple of college instructors with office hours whose own students didn't come to see them, then through a good city library in Charlotte, NC.

Also, the elite schools generally make sure that the kids they bet on will do as well as possible and have tutors for them. It's very hard to get into those schools, but once people are in, they get a rather large amount of help compared to most state schools. Some state schools work at helping people make language and cultural transitions more than others -- I had one student as a tutor who spoke North American Black Creole. She was smart so getting her into Standard English took a good chunk of her first semester tutoring a couple times a week, but when it was done, it was done (engineering major -- which is what kids from non-traditional life should do -- a bridge doesn't care who someone's daddy was).

Couple of accounts on line about Masai boys (I think more than one because the one I read about was in the 1980s or so when a friend was in graduate school at Harvard and there's another who seems to be a more recent graduate) getting accepted into Harvard. A friend who lived on Roatan said that some of the kids there who went to the local school that had shifts of classes (young kids in the morning, middle grades in the afternoon, and high school at night) went on to US colleges.

Hard, but not impossible. The irony is that the schools "everyone" thinks will be impossible are generally in a better position to actually help someone from a non-traditional background adjust and are more likely to have other international students from odd backgrounds than a less demanding school. You'd have to get his legal guardians/parents to sign off on it. Look at the endowments. A school in Miami would be closer to home, though. Or Cuba (and don't spit) if either of them want to be doctors.

I went to everything from a community college to Columbia University. Columbia was better, not because the students were all that much better but because the teachers were (not all, but the good ones were extraordinary).

There's a Harvard Club in Managua, I think (fair number of Harvard graduates among the upper classes of any number of countries), so you talk to them until you find someone who is sympathetic and they do the alumni interview. Don't know how many of the other Ivies have alumni here -- I don't think Columbia is well represented and I'm not sure an interview report from me would have any weight. If there are any NGO types in your neighborhood, ask them where they went to school and see if they can help.

The boys have to want to do this, but they may also not know that it's possible. Or they may want to stay with their home culture, which is also fine.

I heard that in the DAC you couldn't get a cedula unless you were taking care of at least 2 wayward children.

Blog Entries

Went to see Kevito this morning as I had heard a rumor. Few minutes ago the cab passed with he and his mother. 7 yr old Maxito was on his way to school this morning and he stopped to ask me a banana, don't think he had a clue. His Mama and little brother are hauling ass on the next boat out and left him to fend for himself. He has a home and some decent family but his father has taken up with a woman down the road. Father takes up with another woman and your mama hauls ass on you, gotta love it.

Maxito spent most of yesterday afternoon on my porch working on his slingshot, I have tools and supplies, he begged me 5 cord to go buy some "rubber", guess he knew something was brewing, he was taking way too long fixing that slinshot.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Went to see Kevito this morning as I had heard a rumor. Few minutes ago the cab passed with he and his mother. 7 yr old Maxito was on his way to school this morning and he stopped to ask me a banana, don't think he had a clue. His Mama and little brother are hauling ass on the next boat out and left him to fend for himself. He has a home and some decent family but his father has taken up with a woman down the road. Father takes up with another woman and your mama hauls ass on you, gotta love it.

Maxito spent most of yesterday afternoon on my porch working on his slingshot, I have tools and supplies, he begged me 5 cord to go buy some "rubber", guess he knew something was brewing, he was taking way too long fixing that slinshot.

A seven year old ... abandoned!

What kind of culture goes against normal human emotions?

How do you stop loving a kid?

Something is very wrong with this.
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Little Corn Tom View Post
    A seven year old ... abandoned!

What kind of culture goes against normal human emotions?

How do you stop loving a kid?

Something is very wrong with this.
    He is probably better off without either one, but shit man 7 yrs old, that is tough.
    Ernie K Doe

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast