Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Just Ain't Right

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Just Ain't Right

I have a friend here from Bluefields, a Creole man pushing the hell outta 80 something, Swears he been on his own since 8 years old...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    He is probably better off without either one, but shit man 7 yrs old, that is tough.
    Serious stuff.

Yeah, it's tough for him but he'll pull through if he can avoid the guilt and loyalty feelings that's going to ravage his mind. The kid will need a home where he is loved else he's going to crash and burn. It's remarkably to see an abused kid's scars heals over time. A place to sleep, food and somebody that loves/likes him for what he is, is enough to get him on his feet over time.

Sorry for intruding but what options has Maxito?

PM me

Blog Entries

These stories sound like key elements in repeating the cycles of bad behavior and parenting. These parents must rely on the good hearts of neighbors. Does this happen to little girls too, or just the boys?
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by el Cid View Post
    Serious stuff.

Yeah, it's tough for him but he'll pull through if he can avoid the guilt and loyalty feelings that's going to ravage his mind. The kid will need a home where he is loved else he's going to crash and burn. It's remarkably to see an abused kid's scars heals over time. A place to sleep, food and somebody that loves/likes him for what he is, is enough to get him on his feet over time.

Sorry for intruding but what options has Maxito?

PM me
    He is actually pretty well off, 2 aunts will raise him along with their kids, like I said I think he will miss his baby brother more than the parents. Large families are pretty common here so there is usually someone willing to pick up the slack.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Good

Well, this life story of being left behind reminded me of something that happened within my own family. At the time in 1946, there were already 8 of us children and we were in the process of moving from Titus County to Red River County Texas in pickup trucks and farm tractors and trailers.

Now this was no long distant move or anything like that as the trip was only 40 miles between locations, however, upon arrival at the new place, Bugskuffle, it was noted that one of the eight children was missing. Yes, everyone thought that he must be in one of the other moving vehicles, but was untrue.

He was later recovered, but forever was tarnished mentally, quiet possibly by this error of forgetfulness, because today he lives in a sissy state and is a democrat.

TRN Member

....and I recall the comment of a young woman in Bluefields apparently upset that I was taking care of a dog: "In Nicaragua, we take care of children instead."

Quote Originally Posted by ann View Post
    ....and I recall the comment of a young woman in Bluefields apparently upset that I was taking care of a dog: "In Nicaragua, we take care of children instead."
    Reply to her with the famous words of our President: "Please proceed ...'with taking care of your children' -- or perhaps with the phrase one of my Russian instructors (an old KGB major who somehow made his way from East Berlin to Monterrey California in the late 50's) was fond of saying:

Не окунуть пенис в чай or "don't stick your dick in th tea"

What he meant to say is, Mind your own business, or, If you don't know what you are talking about, shut up.

Neh tooey hooey iv chai - - is how it sounds in English . . . .the coarser version.

A surprising number of Nicaraguans speak some Russian, but probably not in Bluefileds.

Blog Entries

I guess we gringos have something up on the Coast People, we take care of both our dogs and our chillun.

If they kept their dick in their pants instead of the tea, they'd have fewer feral chillun to worry about.

Blog Entries

Went to see Kevito this morning as I had heard a rumor. Few minutes ago the cab passed with he and his mother. 7 yr old Maxito was on his way to school this morning and he stopped to ask me a banana, don't think he had a clue. His Mama and little brother are hauling ass on the next boat out and left him to fend for himself. He has a home and some decent family but his father has taken up with a woman down the road. Father takes up with another woman and your mama hauls ass on you, gotta love it.

Maxito spent most of yesterday afternoon on my porch working on his slingshot, I have tools and supplies, he begged me 5 cord to go buy some "rubber", guess he knew something was brewing, he was taking way too long fixing that slinshot.

One day I will learn. Few minutes ago Maxito passed carryin a bag, I said what the Hell, mama going he said, I said is she taking Kevito, he said yes. 6 months ago I paid a small ransom to get the baby back here, he was sick as shit and hungry, the mama was part of the deal. Both parents are trash.

I can't blame the woman for leaving, but she knows the boy is better off here and also knows I will pay the ransom again, smarter than me. She can haul the baby, Maxito is big enough to cal Bullshit on her.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

The woman did have kindness to bring the boy by, he jumped in my arms like he always does, gave him a kiss on his head. I went in the house, tears on my face. Heard a commotion, went back out and the woman (the Mother) was telling Maxito to haul ass, leave his little brother. I called for Maxito to come to me and he did, I told him true words when I said we will fix this.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Telenovelas ain't got nothing on you.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jonh View Post
    Telenovelas ain't got nothing on you.

They have hotter Chicas and real food, got me beat in all departments except drama.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

How do these stories never end.

Was closing down the house last night, dogs went nuts, someone was walking up my road and it was too dark to make them out. Kevito and his Mama, boat no go she say. Guess Kevito has a few more days with his brother and cousins before she pulls this shit again.

Same time, same channel, tomorrow...
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

9am and rainy, usually Kevito steps out by now, only a tyke and like clockwork he usually shows around 9am, lives about 100 yards away and he has a trail blazed. Comes get a bite to eat and make me laugh. I guess there is some good in this World, where else you going to let a 2 yr old wander around on his own and not worry about him.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

From what I understand, MIFAMILIA up here would have kittens over this and have them in the local church sponsored orphanage as quick as you can say scat.....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    From what I understand, MIFAMILIA up here would have kittens over this and have them in the local church sponsored orphanage as quick as you can say scat.....
    His Aunties will mind him, stupiid ass parents are the problem.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

I may have to hire a woman to mind him, damn sure no orphanage is in this boy's future.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Guess I better add one more thing before I go to bed, so I don't wake up and have to read a bunch of Bull Shit. Mizz Brown I am not a Gringo Pedophile, my thing is actually for old chicks, and Dark Skinned. I can provide testimonials if you feel the need to vet me.
    We gringas are not all the same, and I think we've been over this before.

My impression is that the Nicaraguan social service people will do what's right for the baby, including leaving him in the hands of people who do a decent job of raising him whether or not there was Official permission given.

Haven't been reading this recently. Joined the FB group, killfiled one whacky anti-Obama paranoid delusional fool and everyone else seems sane enough other than they have more money than me and live in Granada.

Blog Entries

Actually, they can be more reasonable than you might imagine, as they've been here when a family of gringos tried to pass a Nicaraguan boy off as one of their own (US Embassy wasn't amused).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by MizBrown View Post
    Actually, they can be more reasonable than you might imagine, as they've been here when a family of gringos tried to pass a Nicaraguan boy off as one of their own (US Embassy wasn't amused).
    That is pretty common amongst locals not gringos. Children are often raised to calll all women Mama and all men Dada just in case.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Back in May when we got the boy back he weighed less than when I had seen him in October, he was skin and bones and in poor health, what the Aunties finally decided was that the Mother had been scared to take him to a Dr for fear of being jailed. Hell the Mama was skinny as a rail when she arrived. Her people live up North of Pearl Lagoon in one of the Indian Communities and judging by what I saw they ain't got much to eat.

First thing the Mother said to me was he will not eat, that was BS he would eat a slice onion if you gave him, kid was starving. When he got here he was too weak to stand on his own, within a month we got to see him walk. I was scared when I first saw him, he was in bad shape, anyway we fixed all that.

Don't blame the Mother for wanting to leave, she is in a bad situation The Aunties are a little kookie (religious sorts), but they will mind the boy and do him no harm except lots of walks to the church house.

It's Nicaragua, some how it usually works out, go figure.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

That is pretty common amongst locals . . . Children are often raised to calll all women Mama and all men Dada just in case.
    Perxactly the same on the West coast, except it's 'mami' & 'papi'. It may not be the it-takes-a-village thing, but no pueblo is going to let one among them starve. And old clothes and shelter from a downpour is generally no problem.
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

9am and rainy, usually Kevito steps out by now, only a tyke . . . Comes get a bite to eat and make me laugh. . . . where else you going to let a 2 yr old wander around on his own . . .
    "Kevito"? Named after you, I presume, Mr. Cookshow. Is there more to this story?
    I never met a Semite I didn't like.

Blog Entries

We had a domestica back in the early 90's, she was fat as a pig and almost as slothful.

She had an infant of about 6 months and giving the child only that powdered whole milk. The child was lethargic (Is that the right word?)

Just laid on the bed and even to weak to cry.

My partner and I saved that baby by getting it what it needed including Dr.s visits.

Youngun started gaining weight and doing normal things.

The mother quit the job, and 4 months later the baby died...

Ya can't save 'em all....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast