Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crazy ass day

Blog Entries

Default Crazy ass day

Was on my way to bury a guy I know, my phone rang, my phone never rings. Caller said come now,Pik Pik is dead. Excused myself and hauled ass to the other side of the Island. Sure as Shit, my old Indian was dead.

Preperations were being made, asked everyone to clear out, give me a minute with my friend, give us the room.

What a crazy day.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Default Re: Crazy ass day

Sorry man....
    Life's different here ... It's a whole 'nother pace.

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Very sorry to hear!!! Hopefully it turns around in ur favor soon!!

Blog Entries

Really I am relieved for Pik Pik, he was in bad shape, more gone than here. Doesn't have any family. Not even 4am and the rain has started, I hope this does not last. Will probably skip the church service, it is at the Moravian Miskito Church and I can only imagine the scene there, my 10 words of Miskito won't be nearly enough to translate.

I would rather be beat with a stick than go to a funeral.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Really I am relieved for Pik Pik, he was in bad shape, more gone than here. Doesn't have any family. Not even 4am and the rain has started, I hope this does not last. Will probably skip the church service, it is at the Moravian Miskito Church and I can only imagine the scene there, my 10 words of Miskito won't be nearly enough to translate.

I would rather be beat with a stick than go to a funeral.
    I know just what you mean my friend... I got a notice from my sister the other day, that our mother is not expected to last out the month, Damn, knew it was coming for years, but am never are prepaired for it's eventuality.

Life is a bitch, and then you die I guess. I don't like funerals either, been lucky I guess in a way...Alan's was the last I attended.
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Sorry, death is not good but the relief from suffering can be.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Blog Entries

In the States it was always easy, I was always working, had an excuse. Here everyone know I sit on the porch all day.

I would take a beating to not do this today.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Rain is about to start back up, this is going to be a long day, wet too.
    Ernie K Doe

TRN Lifetime Member
    Blog Entries

Has not rained much here in Managua as of late!! Which is fine with me!!

Blog Entries

Doesn't have any family...
    ...except for maybe this one crazy white guy.

It seems to me that family is less about bloodlines and more about a shared connection. Funerals are a drag, but can be a catharsis for those who were close to the departed. Sorry for your loss. Sounds like this has not been a good year for Kevin.
    "Find out what it is in life that you don't do well - and then don't do that thing." -The most Interesting Man in the World

Blog Entries

Only on Corn Island, funeral was postponed.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Sorry to hear bro
    Survivor

Active TRN Member

Pik Pik was "Marvin's Indian." He worked on the boats for Marvin then around the farm... for 30, 40, ? years. He was always chopping something down. He was like family to all of us and was always welcome. After Marvin died, Kevin took care of him; gave him a "paycheck" every week because he promised Marvin. He didn't have to do any work, but stopped by Kevin's weekly. Then he bacame "Kevin's Indian." Pik Pik did not know how old he was but he had a full life surrounded by people who loved him, including some special "gringos/as."

I will treasure knowing Pik Pik and all of our joking around.

Sorry for your loss, Kevin.
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Blog Entries

Was trying to explain Pik Pik to a friend in the States today and the best description I had is that he always made me smile. Don't think he ever came by that he did not ask when his sweetheart was coming (Marlies).

I have enough Pik Pik Stories to fill a set of encyclopedias. Before I moved here and was traveling back and forth Pik would give me his wish list, once it was a watch, bought him a Timex, and every Friday he would make me check to see if it was on time, he was getting blind. I looked for the watch yesterday, likely evaporated.

Pik and I were long lost friends the minute we met, he seldom called me by my name, always brother.

He had been ready a long time, last time I visited him he was more gone than here, took about 10 minutes for him to recognize who he was talking to, we shot the shite, he was still of good mind, but a tired body.

My life is better for knowing him, and I guess he would have said the same about me.
    Ernie K Doe

Active TRN Member

Made me smile, Kev.

I'll never forget the evening of unlimited "bombas" and what a mess we made of Marvin's yard, and Pik Pik just shaking his head...

He's chopping in heaven with a machete that will never dull - or with a file that cannot be lost!
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

He sounds like he was a very nice person. You should show up to the funeral. Better to spend an hour or so uncomfortable in a church than spend spend several hours laying awake at night second guessing yourself later. Sometimes you just have to do things without analyzing why.

Blog Entries

Was trying to explain Pik Pik to a friend in the States today and the best description I had is that he always made me smile. Don't think he ever came by that he did not ask when his sweetheart was coming (Marlies).

I have enough Pik Pik Stories to fill a set of encyclopedias. Before I moved here and was traveling back and forth Pik would give me his wish list, once it was a watch, bought him a Timex, and every Friday he would make me check to see if it was on time, he was getting blind. I looked for the watch yesterday, likely evaporated.

Pik and I were long lost friends the minute we met, he seldom called me by my name, always brother.

He had been ready a long time, last time I visited him he was more gone than here, took about 10 minutes for him to recognize who he was talking to, we shot the shite, he was still of good mind, but a tired body.

My life is better for knowing him, and I guess he would have said the same about me.
    AMEN...
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Sorry for your loss sounds like he had many friends and our thoughts and prayers are with you JW...

Blog Entries

Mine was yesterday, uuu, Glad today is a new one.

My mother passed away yesterday about 4 in the afternoon. Ya know, even though you already know it's going to happen sooner or later, even for years you can know. But still when it happens it is still some sort of a shock, a numbness or something like that sets in.

Actually I am not quite so sad about it right now, but in a way as my sister said, Relieved about it is more the word. I think most of you understand where I am coming from with this to have perhaps seen someone ya care about more than life itself slowly waste away with something eating on them.

My mother had something of degenerating brain thing which over a period of time her mind slowly lost control over her muscles. She could tell her body what to do but no responce came of it. Well she finaly could not eat and she had asked us and also put it in writing she wanted No Heroic Measures, or to be hooked up to a machine when she was in I would say good enough shape to know what she was getting into.

That is a hard one to deal with when you in good shape and someone ya care about is on their death bed. So if ya have any religon at all ya have to trust in it. My sister and I both asked God Almighty to go on and take her. Man one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.

Well our prayers were answered within 24 hours, so now my mother is asleep in Christ and I am not as sad as I was with the news that she wouldn't make it the month. Praise the Lord he saw fit to go on and call her home. Hey, she is only 21 years my senior... All of us are in line don't ya know...

So there ya have it my friends... The other part of the day is not even worth a mention...

TRN Member
    Blog Entries

Sorry to hear about your loss. I know exactly what you mean when you ask for them to be taken home.

Active TRN Member
    Blog Entries

My condolences JPJW.

Keep your back straight and head high.

Blog Entries

Thanks Everyone, got my feet back on deck now. The Lord ain't gone throw more on ya than he knows ya can take.

Blog Entries

Sorry about your loss buddy.
    Ernie K Doe

"Even in Nicaragua, which takes more Energy, putting the toilet seat down or Bitchin' about it?"

WHAT toilet seat? And why do people steal toilet seats? For their outhouses?

Every toilet I've every bought came with a seat.

TRN Science officer bill_bly_ca's Avatar
    North of the border, south of the artic Circle (Ontario)
    Blog Entries

Sir Jw... condolences
    ==================================================
    Dude !!!.... Its a Canal !!! Can you Dig it ??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast