Thread: I used to be so Pretty.

Blog Entries

Default I used to be so Pretty.

5 years ago I had 2 visible scars, this morning I did a count, little over 20 that are obvious. The ones around each eye are the most interesting. Left Eye has an up and down 2 inch scar. Right eye has about a 6 inch semi circle.

Never in my life did I think I would have to fight for what is mine, but I have.
    Last edited by cookshow; 10-04-2012 at 02:02 PM.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Default Re: I used to be so Pretty.

I hear women like scars and shiny things. You are still pretty, just not to me.

Viejo del Foro Just Plain John Wayne's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by kwah2249 View Post
    I hear women like scars and shiny things. You are still pretty, just not to me.
    Yes Battle scars on the DAC are a turn on to the local women....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

"Yes Battle scars on the DAC are a turn on to the local women...."

as are the cojones you need to fight for what is yours.

There is always a slacker out there who would rather take what you have worked for, than work himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Just Plain John Wayne View Post
    Yes Battle scars on the DAC are a turn on to the local women....
    How about cancer suture lines? I have some long ones and the hair has not grown back. Very visible!
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Blog Entries

Every scar has a story.

I have a few myself.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Demento View Post
    How about cancer suture lines? I have some long ones and the hair has not grown back. Very visible!
    Hell, you can be a bit liberal from time to time so tell everyone it came from a case of the mange contracted when you was Occuping Wall Street..

You are not old enough to say ya got it at Woodstock....
    To be called a "Has Been" I must surmise, is much Greater than to be called a "Nevah Been"... JW...

Hell, you can be a bit liberal from time to time so tell everyone it came from a case of the mange contracted when you was Occuping Wall Street..

liberal is as liberal does
    All this for a flag? Michelle Obama http://hotair.com/archives/2011/11/0...our-years-ago/

Former SJDS Bureau Chief, TRN Danpolley's Avatar

Since we are all "bragging" about our scars, my favorite one is one I got when I was 16 years old. I had a tumor on my heart that would normally have meant surgery through the chest cavity and a really bad scar. My doctor was a leader in a new type of surgery, injecting a dye in the tumur and removing it through an incision in my arm pit. Our resident TRN doctor is long gone but I can report I am alive and well with my scar hidden beneath... well you know.
    Sometimes I think I understand everything, then I regain consciousness.

Quote Originally Posted by Danpolley View Post
    Since we are all "bragging" about our scars, my favorite one is one I got when I was 16 years old. I had a tumor on my heart that would normally have meant surgery through the chest cavity and a really bad scar. My doctor was a leader in a new type of surgery, injecting a dye in the tumur and removing it through an incision in my arm pit. Our resident TRN doctor is long gone but I can report I am alive and well with my scar hidden beneath... well you know.
    who ran off el cid?

Active TRN Member

Scars are hot. Ever seen Merle with his shirt off? (maybe that one is for the ladies)
    That which does not kill me postpones the inevitable

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    5 years ago I had 2 visible scars, this morning I did a count, little over 20 that are obvious. The ones around each eye are the most interesting. Left Eye has an up and down 2 inch scar. Right eye has about a 6 inch semi circle.

Never in my life did I think I would have to fight for what is mine, but I have.
    Please clarify;

Are these scars from your very hard work clearing brush, building roads, contructing houses, roping pigs, etc? Or.......

The result of the island woman??

PP

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Playa Pete View Post
    Please clarify;

Are these scars from your very hard work clearing brush, building roads, contructing houses, roping pigs, etc? Or.......

The result of the island woman??

PP
    All of the above, animal, construction, weather, and woman related scars, as well as several due to my lack of experience handling a machete, most of those are below the knees.
    ‎"You know what you say when people tell you you can't do something? Fool, shut your mouth up!"
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Girls say they love scars.... Imagine if you lopped off a finger or a foot.
    Survivor

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by randude View Post
    Girls say they love scars.... Imagine if you lopped off a finger or a foot.
    You don't know how close I have come to the foot part. I am kinda OCD about some things, one is a sharp machete, light often goes out about 4:45 does not get light till 5 or so, I light a candle and sharpen the machetes to kill time till daylight, the day I cut my foot bad I had sharpened the machete razor sharp and had not used it that day (up until I nearly cut my foot off), thankful it was sharp, left a half way fillet that I was able to glue and tape it back on, clean, no infection, did bleed a lot though.

A year or 2 before I moved here full time I got leishmaniasis, Google it, nasty. Dog bite to the groin, unpleasant, nasty spider bite on one ankle, both eyes nearly poked out.

Might be a record right now, only 2 of my fingers are cut, only one fingernail 1/2 gone.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Was bathing this morning and had to smile, first time in 6 years that I have no open or visible new wounds. Year ago this time I was missing a fingernail, 2 more half gone, gashes up and down my legs, plus the asst day to day injuries.
    Ernie K Doe

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by cookshow View Post
    Was bathing this morning and had to smile, first time in 6 years that I have no open or visible new wounds. Year ago this time I was missing a fingernail, 2 more half gone, gashes up and down my legs, plus the asst day to day injuries.
    Well. Looks like you are learning to "Acclimatize" right well....

Mange or worse!